“Full- service bike day-visit to LaDigue from Mahe less expensive than ferry crossing”

Creole Travel Services
Ranked #6 of 13 Tours in Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: Enter the world of CREOLE Travel Services, your best reference in Destination Management Company in the mesmerizing Seychelles Islands, another world nestled in the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. We stand proudly at the forefront of the islands' travel platforms as a leader and innovator, while showcasing a truly original "Creole" flavor in our unique approach of service with a soul and style. Creole is simply a one-stop contact for the reliable tailoring of holidays in Seychelles. Through our extensive array of services including travel advisers, ground handling, sea and land transfers or adventures, groups and incentives event management and much more - Creole Travel Services is keen to show you how our award winning combination of high standards, local knowledge, creativity and above all, our passion for the islands can turn your innermost dream holiday into full spectrum reality! We are on location , we are from this location, we know our islands , we do it for you ourselves, we probably already know what you're looking for in your search of the holiday that best defines you.
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our day to LaDigue, organized through Creole Travel Services. We were picked up at our lodge 20 minutes from town, provided all transport to and from LaDigue, provided bikes for the day as well as entry pass into the coconut plantation that segues to Anse Source DeArgent, the famous beach you don't want to miss. All this cost us $150 per person, so we paid $300 and brought money for food.
Before booking with Creole Travel Services we went to buy ferry crossing tickets from Cat Cocos ferry company and found they were over $200 per person, with nothing else included - Taxi to harbor would have cost $50 each way, bike rental at least $10 pp and coconut plantation entry at least $12 pp. - a total of $544 or more.

Creole travel sent a rep to our hotel to secure our purchase, so we did not have to go into Victoria to purchase, which we were rather amazed by.
Also, with Creole Representatives waiting at each juncture during our excursion we were led from place to place - from the shuttle to the ferry, ferry to ferry, ferry to bike rental and so on. Friendly service was provided all along the way with clear signs and a strong, easy to recognize uniform.

We were very pleased with CTS and highly recommend them if you would like to visit LaDigue for a day from Mahe.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We booked our 2week holiday to the Seychelles with Elite Vacations in the UK (who were also excellent). From the moment we landed in the Seychelles, Creole Travel were there to meet us and to take care of all our transfers between resorts. The staff were all smartly dressed, friendly and spoke consistently good English. Their vehicles were executive cars such as Toyota Landcruiser with aircon and bottles of water.
We also took a day trip with Creole from Praslin to Vallee de Mai and La Digue, and our guide for the day, Tina, was excellent. She was friendly and approachable, knowledgeable patient with a sense of humour. It was well worth doing.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our honeymoon to the Seychelles meant we were looked after by the Creole Travel services at every stage of our journey, from landing in Mahe, to being driven to the boat jetty in Praslin, to being visited by the reps in our accommodation. We could not fault a single member of staff. The company is efficiently run and we were always expected. The reps visited us several times and gave good tips on things to do without being pushy to sell excursions ( we bought one during the whole honeymoon and it was a very good day out on a boat trip/ Robinson Crusoe excursion). The staff are easily identifiable due to their cheerful uniform with the frangipani flower so when you arrive somewhere new you instantly feel at ease as you can spot the people to help you. I loved this company so much that I said that if I ever leave the rat race, I would love to work for them!!!!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The customer agents representatives are the face of any company. When a query initiates its up to them to turn it into a fruitful business or let it go to the competitors….
Heard from my friends (locals) about Creole and Masons being the best. Before my visit I did try to contact Creole first to book hotel and excursions. Sadly my emails were never answered. Overseas calls which I made were handled ruthlessly. I had called them around 6 to 7 times without exaggeration and they had “Care a Damn Attitude” . Seems not interested in entertaining. If the superiors would like they can trace all my calls to them from their record.
On the other hand Masons were prompt in replying to my email query and also in a friendly way with a smile in their voice attended all my calls.
I did book the hotel and excursion with them and happy I it was them not Creole!
A big name cares for every single customer.

4  Thank Nins_12
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We took a little inter-island flat-bottomed boat tour from the Eden Island complex near Victoria (Mahe) to the island of Moyenne (the island Mr Grimshaw bought) - three out of 16 wanted to snorkel and the rest of us were left to our own devices on a sandy beach and wasted time.
Nowhere in the brochure nor verbally before the trip did it mention there was to be a "beach landing" - one older passenger fell into the water due to the choppy sea and wind as we disembarked. His cameras took a dive too!
The lady guide was very good and did her best to keep us informed/educated as time went by during the other stages of the visit (two small islands).
She spoke French too, so the commentary was twice as long, as the French people had to be brought up to speed.
We were told at the beginning there was to be a BBQ but this turned out to be a sit-down buffet lunch - nice as it was, it was NOT a BBQ.
Mr Grimshaw's island was interesting with its little museum, as were the giant tortoises and the graves of Mr Grimshaw, his father, and the two pirates(?!).
Prior sailing the large group was split into two - English speakers and German speakers; that was fine but our group had French speakers too which was accommodated by the French/English speaking guide (well done there) but as I said there was the double-barrelled commentary which I found tedious.
My biggest concern was the total lack of ANY safety briefing before we departed on the boat trip - not one mention of where any lifejackets or other safety related items were or what would happen in case of an emergency. That is very UN-proffessional and I would never travel with them again.
A lot of money and not much bang for your dollar and a total lack of care towards passenger safety.

1  Thank TartanGiant