“Nice easy trek with an amazing view”
Review of Copolia Trail

Copolia Trail
Ranked #6 of 37 things to do in Victoria
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Took a hike up to the top of Capiola - we got up in less than half an hour and the view is amazing. Well worth the walk!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The trail inst that far and not that much difficult. It takes approximately 45 minutes walk. when arriving at the top you can see a nice view, including: Eden Island, the Port, the International Airport, the Mont Fleuri cemetery, some few houses, buildings and etc.

1  Thank Bertrand A
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The walk took us 45 minutes. We found it fairly easy but sometimes it was quite steep. As it had rained a lot it was a bit slippery. The tropical vegetation was nice. The most rewarding was the view from the top of Copolia.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a short trail approx. 25 minutes each way but it is a steady incline which isn't too difficult but the humidity makes it tough work. I did this trail with my husband and we were accompanied by a guide / security man. He was polite and friendly and advised me that he walks daily with tourists on this trail as there had been a few muggings in the past and the Government wanted to stop them and protect their tourists. I was saddened to hear this but grateful to have him with us. At the top we enjoyed a stunning view of Mahé and the surrounding islands and our guide pointed out a few interesting sights too. Bring a bottle of water and prepare to sweat, The view is worth it and it's also very cooling when you reach the top.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The difficulty of the trail for me was the humidity. It is uphill and steep but I didn't find this part hard and the whole walk took me 25 minutes. However, I did turn my ankle on the way back as the rough steps are steep. At the top it's very quiet and above the birds so it is lovely to look out at the islands. Nice place to stop and have a picnic. I got there easily from the bus station. Look out for the Copolia Hotel which is on a bend, on the opposite side of the road. Ring bus bell as soon as you see that as the start of the trail is clearly marked on the L side of the road about 30m after