“never again!”

Le Jardin des Palmes
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed 8 February 2013

the hotels asset is the nice view, but this is something you can have from many other hotels as well. The rooms are clean, but need urgent refurbishment. The food (we had breakfast an dinner) is absolutely disappointing, the service is dependent on the person who serves you. The hotel management is not capable to run the hotel. The pool is dirty and loose cables from the pool lights are hanging in the water....

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bjhsta
pippa l, Public Relations Manager at Le Jardin des Palmes, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Sir, a sincere apology for the bad experience at Le Jardin Des Palmes. The hotel is now under new management. With the new dynamic team, we will ensure that such incidents do not happen again.
Warmest Regards
Public Relations Manager

There are newer reviews for Le Jardin des Palmes

Reviewed 16 November 2012

We luckily only went here for a lunch. We had to wait a long time for our food. The tuna carpaccio wasn´t fresh at all and consisted of only bad pieces. The dry white wine turned to be sweet and the main course wasn´t tasteful at all. When we complained to our waitress, she said that there was no fresh fish and that everything was putt together with some left overs.. We had to pay an awful lot of money which was in no proportion to the quality of the food so we also made our complains to the manager of the hotel. Her answer was that they would take it in consideration to improve their services.. We were so disappointed! The only positive thing was the friendly waitress who made delicious pina coladas.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MJBVerhoeven
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The only good thing I can say about my thankfully brief stay in this hotel, is the view from the room was beautiful. I was booked into this hotel on a recent business trip to Mahe because every other hotel on the island was full. Upon approaching the lane up to the hotel one could be forgiven for thinking you were driving up to someone's back yard. Other than a small faded sign on the road hidden behind tall grass, there was nothing to indicate the location of the hotel at all. The rooms are poorly decorated and resemble a large garden shed as opposed to their title of 'bungalows'. The bathrooms were large but poorly light with no natural light. The shower was an outside shower surrounded by Bamboo walls which did not go all the way down to the ground, so vermin could get in. Speaking of vermin something 'substantial' scurried across the ceiling above my bed in the attic space at 5.00am. The night I was there I was kept awake all night by dogs fighting in the private house just below my room. All the balconies had barbed wire wrapped around the base of them obviously to thwart any body from climbing up the wooden stilts which support them and gaining access to the balcony (not very reassuring for guests). The linen on the bed did not smell fresh and was of a poor quality, the pillow smelt of sweat and had no pillow protector under the pillow slip. The mattress on the bed did not have a mattress protector either!. The pool was dirty with lots of sediment on the floor of the pool and the cushions on the sun loungers were stained with mildew. The safe in the press did not work and the locks on the sliding doors leading to the balcony were primitive to say the least. The morning I arrived I was presented with the dinner menu and asked to pick my starter, main course and dessert for that nights evening meal (at 8.00am!). None of the staff were in uniform so it was impossible to distinguish them from other guests/ or possibly locals who could have wandered around the hotel. I thankfully managed to secure a room in another hotel on the island and made a speedy exit out of the place as fast as I could make it down the hill in the car. Apart from the view, the staff was the only other positive I could say about the hotel. They were pleasant and helpful and did not cause a fuss when I told them I was checking out earlier than expected.

Room Tip: Don't go at all!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sruane21
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed at Le Jardin des Palmes for 3 nights, good location, is about 20 mn from the airport,
great view , the food is tasty, rooms are big enough ..Staff friendly and very helpfull... i advise it for people seeking for relaxation, and not looking for night life and parties...
2 mn walk you can reach the beach,but it is a small one ...so in case you need to spend a whole day you can go to Takamaka beach, is about 15mn far from the hotel , you can reach it by Taxi or bus. it has a very scenic view and good restaurant...
i also advise Masons agency for any tour you would like to have, Very Professional, ethical and Ponctual!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reneefares
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband arranged for us to stay at this hotel for our honeymoon as a surprise.

Now, I often prefer to stay at well-known hotel chains e.g. Hilton, Four Seasons, because I like having lots of services and facilities available to us. Therefore when we got there, at first I was a bit unsure of his choice of a small local hotel - but i needn't have worried.

The staff was friendly and professional. They were always helpful e.g. helped us book local excursions and a snorkeling trip.

The room was very spacious with breathtaking views over the sea and nearby forest. We wasted a lot of time just sitting on the balcony and watching the birds. Privacy was good. It is true that the decor is a bit dated, like some of the other reviewers have mentioned, but we didn't find this unpleasant as it suited well the rustic and unpretentious atmosphere of the hotel.

The bathroom was again very spacious and the outdoors shower was a great experience.

The food was simple but tasty and well-priced. On a couple of the days we were given a packed breakfast the night before because we were leaving early for excursions, and this was of a good quality.

Only one point for improvement: there are no computers / internet for the guests to use. There is one staff computer which you could use briefly e.g. to check flights, but not for browsing. Of course this for some people might be a good thing because there are no distractions while on holiday!

This hotel would be suitable for travellers who want to sample the authentic Seychellois experience and want to stay somewhere different. It might not have some of the luxuries of the big hotel chains but it more than makes up for this in character and privacy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IluminatioMea
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Didn't stay at this hotel, but went to hotel restaurant 2 times.
When I park the car at hotel park area, I was astonished by surrounding, it is amaizing.
Food was delicious and wine list is good. Tuna carpacio with olive oil and local spices and grilled red snapper will recommend.
You don't have to wait for a meal long time, which is normal Seychellious way "take it easy". I will never forget the weitress, such a lovely and warm lady, as well as hotel manager.
Don't know about the rooms, as I didn't stay at this hotel, but whatever you see on a web site regarding hotel outdoors is absolutly true.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed here to be close to the airport for our early morning flight. With no alarm clock, we requested a wake up call. NO CALL! Luckily, my husband woke up and we rushed to the airport. We almost missed our flight.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ccboomboom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victoria
Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles
AVANI Seychelles Barbarons Resort & Spa
Eden Bleu Hotel
Eden Bleu Hotel
#1 of 4 in Victoria
Le Relax Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Le Jardin des Palmes? Share your experiences!