“Authentic Spanish cuisine in the heart of Manila.”
Review of Casa Armas

Casa Armas
Ranked #106 of 968 Restaurants in Manila
Price range: US$10 - US$60
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Malate
Description: Since 1995, Casa Armas has been serving Manila with the finest and most authentic Spanish Food. Our menu offers a wide variety of Tapas, Paellas, Cochinillos and a long list of choices to truly enjoy a taste of Spain right in the heart of Manila.
Vancouver, Bc Canada
“Authentic Spanish cuisine in the heart of Manila.”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The ambience , the people. , the food is always good. Jun the manager is the best thing ! He is friendly , very accommodating and not intrusive. It's meal that I I cannot afford to miss whenever I'm in Manila. I send my foreign friends there from Holland , Canada and the USA and they agree with me.
The wine selection is great and so as the beer.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Restlessrooster

Manila, Philippines
“Memorable Lechon and Canonigo”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This Spanish Filipino restaurant is most famous for its Lechon cut with ceramic plates. Yes it is that crispy.
For dessert, don't forget to order their Canonigo - a fluffy egg white dessert dripped in caramel.

Visited November 2012
Amsterdam, Nederland
“Nice spanish atmosphere with live guitar trio”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This place is realy spanish or mexican or philpinean or what you like.
The food is good and the service perfect.
We came here twice.

• Visited July 2013
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“Don't eat at Casa Armas, Jupiter Street, Makati”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This used to be such a great restaurant but not anymore. I booked a table last June 16 for a Father's day lunch with my family. First off, there's limited parking available at this particular branch. In fact there's only one slot available. That's already a hassle. Next, the waiters led me and my family to their private room where our table was. When I looked at the wall I saw a REALLY BIG COCKROACH crawling near the ceiling. I panicked and asked the waiters to move us to a table outside of the private room. When we were already seated at our new table we ordered appetizers and a just couple of main dishes since I already pre-ordered cochinillo and a seafood paella the day before. When the waiter gave us glasses of water there was a fly on my glass so I asked him to replace it.

After a while our appetizers came as well as the the main dishes we ordered plus cochinillo and paella. Before we could touch one of the main dishes, the waiter takes it away saying it's not ours. At that time there were only 2 tables occupied in the small, small, tiny restaurant so I really wondered how in the world are they mixing up our dishes. Then they made us wait as they cooked a new paella order since the one that the prepared didn't contain just seafood (I pre-ordered a seafood paella since I don't eat meat). My next question is how can they get the dish wrong when I ordered it a day early?). We had to order additional 2 cups of steamed rice just to tide us over until the right paella dish was served. Then they forgot our order of lengua dish. Then another insect landed on me so that's a total of 3 different types of insects I've already encountered in their restaurant.

In the end I decided to talk to the manager to tell him what I thought of their service and their restaurant. All the manager could say was sorry and to offer me free dessert. SERIOUSLY free dessert???? I wasn't looking for any freebies, I just wanted him to know how disappointed I was with their TERRIBLE SERVICE and disgusting environment. I said no thanks, all I wanted was to leave the place as soon as possible.

Don't eat at Casa Armas, Jupiter Street I don't think the price was worth it given the service and all the insects you have to deal with while in their restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank KSB007
Dumaguete City, Philippines
“Casa Armas — Always Great Food, Always Friendly”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Recently popped over with friends and family as a few had not enjoyed the original Casa Armas. It's the place for somer really spectacular dishes — the Crab and the Roast Chicken stand out (you need to pre-order the chicken with your reservation). The ham croquettes earned a second round. The tapas are consistently good and the service is affable. If your after a bit old Manila this is your place. Be sure to book ahead if your going on the weekend.

• Visited May 2013