“Crunchy Peanuts and Grouper Fish”
Review of Emerald Garden

Emerald Garden
Ranked #58 of 973 Restaurants in Manila
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Asia
“Crunchy Peanuts and Grouper Fish”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Yesterday, we ate a late lunch in this Chinese restaurant along Roxas Boulevard. There are 2 sections of the restaurant: the other is opened for lunch and dinner , while the other is opened for all day dining. We had the very delicious fresh , crunchy, sweet sour fried grouper (lapu lapu), and the fried spicy squid with onion leaves and pepper. The squid were tender and big. However the salted fish fried rice was a let down. The rice grains were of bad quality. The appetizer salted peanuts were greaseless and one tends to eat a lot of these before the main course, so be watchful not to eat these goodies before one gets too full. Their siopao asado ( pork buns in hoisin sauce) is also very yummy. We took home 10 pieces of these !!!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Porter120

Epernay, France
“Great Shrimp & Crab”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have been a regular at the Emerald Garden for years. Dropped by for an early dinner, luck was with me, I was early enough to get the last of the live shrimp swimming in tank by the enterance. Had planned to have my favorite crab; so had the steam shrimp and then the steamed crab. As I was alone ,sadly I missed my favorite hot sour soup & shrimp fried rice, but left happy. The Emerald Garden is a great venue, and not to be missed. Food, the best in the area!!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Lem0ine
Makati, Philippines
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were all nostalgic in the office one time and we decided to drive over and visit Emerald Garden after we visited our colleague who was confined in a nearby hospital. I ordered my favorite Shrimp Balls and their signature Fried Noodles. Unfortunately, the Shrimp Balls had too much starch and not as much shrimp as I remembered. The fried noodles were soggy and the quail eggs that were on top of it were too oily. It is a shame. The dimsum my friends ordered were so-so. I had good memories of this place. I used to have my kids birthday parties here when I still lived in Manila. Given that the price is still high, I was better off eating in a mid tier restaurant in Makati.

• Visited September 2013
Aloha, Oregon, United States
“Great food for your money”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I love Chinese food and this place was fantastic! The service was a little slow but the server was apologetic and very kind. I love Szechuan style and this place didn't deliver the heat or spice I was hoping for but overall, we were all satisfied when we left.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Keith S
Paranaque, Philippines
“Affordable chinese feast”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Go to Emerald Garden for affordable & well-cooked chinese food. Their yang chow fried rice has lots of shrimp in it. The dishes which I ordered were labeled as small but were quite generous.

The restaurant is showing signs of age though and a bit of renovation would not hurt.

• Visited June 2013