“buffet with class”

Paseo Uno at Mandarin Oriental, Manila
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Manila, Philippines
“buffet with class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

dinner is better with a romantic atmosphere! great variety of international cuisine with alarge tuna served fresh

• Visited January 2014

Vancouver, Canada
“Do not order ala carte”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I had dinner with my wife and a friend here last night. I ordered a Pizza Margarita. My wife and her friend ordered a hamburger and a club sandwich.

It took 45 minutes for our order to arrive. While waiting we were given 2 pieces of complimentary bread with butter. Funny because there were 3 of us and we had to order extra. The pizza was not warm anymore and was probably left standing in the kitchen for 10 minutes while cooking the burger. The pizza was soggy and tasted bland. It was one of the worst pizzas I've ever eaten in my life! I left half of the pizza uneaten and didn't bother to take home the leftovers. The hamburger was too salty and was not juicy. The hamburger bun didn't taste fresh. The clubhouse sandwich was so-so.

We ordered dessert and coffee towards the end. The supervisor removed that from the bill after I complained about the food.

I also hanged out at the Captain's Bar just before dinner. I have to say, the sofas have seen better days. The seats had frayed edges. I was horrified! I've seen Mandarin Oriental back in the 90s at its peak and the attention to detail before was next to none. Now, it's obvious there's not much care given to these things anymore.

This is the worst experience I've had at the Mandarin Oriental. It was very disappointing.

• Visited February 2014
sydney
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Celebrated our wedding anniversary by having dinner here. We ordered all carte but we noticed a lot of people lining up at the buffet table. Service was EXCELLENT! All the wait staff were attentive to your every need and made sure you are happy with your meal. We were given complimentary dessert when they found out it was our anniversary.

Visited January 2014
Dallas
“Great Value Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My family hosted a reunion dinner at Paseo Uno on a Sunday evening last December. There were 17 of us and I think we got a 50% discount - our final bill was amazingly reasonable considering the quality and wide offering of the buffet, which already included a good selection of non-alcoholic beverages. As with all buffets, not everything will be fantastic because people's tastes differ. However, various family members' consensus was that the oysters, the shrimp tempura, the sushi, and the steak were tops. I found the black sesame seed ice cream uniquely delicious and intriguing. We weren't too thrilled with the tinola paella or the shawarma.

The restaurant was fully booked that evening but the staff were very accommodating and arranged our tables in a semi-private nook close to the buffet area. They were all pleasant, smiling, and eager to please. My husband, an American, was bowled over by them. He reminded me to post this review because he had such an enjoyable evening/ dinner and found the service wonderful.

Visited December 2013
Manila, Philippines
“A Formerly Excellent Buffet That's Lost Its Way”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I used to go to Mandarin's Paseo Uno every Saturday, during 2009-2010. Back then (as now), the selection wasn't as great as the other buffets, but the food quality was good. Then sometime in 2010, the selection shrank and the quality went way down, probably because of budget cuts. For an international, 5-star restaurant to have a dessert bar that's 50% sapin-sapin is kind of funny. When I visited last December 2013, things didn't seem to have improved.

• Visited December 2013