“Super low quality....” 2 of 5 bubbles

Private Old and New Manila City Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: From a spectacular marine themed park, Manila Ocean Park has finally evolved into Metro's Holiday Destination where everything is all about Life and Living.An array of exciting attractions, enticing view of the bay, enriching marine life exhibits, entertaining dining and lifestyle shapes to mold into an integrated resort destination. Manila Ocean Park is proud to have a marine-themed park in the country that houses Life of the best of both under and over the sea!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Super low quality....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Its my first time go to an oceanarium in the Philippines... sadly... its just one aquarium after another... and most of them dont even have labels... this is sad because its supposed to be world class and a place where kids can learn about sea creatures. Its not maintained... everything has a charge... no labels... cheap looking place with no real oceanarium feel... haaaay... waste of good money. And the shark is in a separate booth with separate charge. Its just like going to cartimar or my uncle's house... only there... its free.

6 Thank Hanson C

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Attractive place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

The place is nice but they need to do something coz is too hot and most of the acts are outside and the purposes of going is bring the kids to enjoy it so that's number 1. The staff very friendly and they could be better if they don't use their phone that much when they are working. The H2O hotel help the Park looks better coz they are great but they need to work more on the staff training and to the problem with the temperature. Is just a concern, the water show we're good.

Visited May 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Depends....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Visited in April 2013 - If you've been to Top-shelf aquariums...then expect to be under-whelmed. However, if this is your first 1, or you're going for the kids...whatever the case may be...then it's ok. I have been to many Aquariums. I was under-whelmed, but overall I still had a good time. I was back in Manila April 2014, but Ocean Park was definitely not on the to do again list. ;) I really don't want to knock Ocean Park....the Philippines is a 3rd world country, so Top-shelf really is not to be expected. I had a good time....but I didn't rush back again.

Visited June 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“My kid loves it!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

It's a good thing that I never expected too much from this place. We went there last Sunday. (May 4, '14) A friend of mine gave my daughter 3 tickets to MOP as her birthday gift last March. And so we went. Ever since my daughter was small she had always wanted to go there. But since it's too far I promised that one day we'll go there when she's a little bit bigger. And thanks for the free tickets! :) My kid's playmate even tagged along. And my friend just bought the ticket for her. And since the ticket that was given as a gift were bought thru my friend's company and it was a package we had a hard time figuring out what package should we buy for my daughter's playmate 'coz the ones at he park are different from what we have. My friend talked to the ticketbooth person. (Which unfortunately, we didnt get the name.) She made everything easier for us. She converted some of the tickets to ours so we could go in all together. and we just paid extra for the tickets that were not part of the new package that we bought for my daughter's playmate. Though we ended up buying separate tickets which were more pricey since its not part of the package, it was still all worth it. As long as my daughter is happy. Prices won't matter. :) ( And thanks to my bestest friend who paid for it all... )

Enough of my story.. :) These are my reviews for what we've been to at the park...

The SEA LION show
- I know it's not the best people might have seen. But it's my personal favorite so far. The (south african) sealions, namely Aira and Isabelle, were uberly cute! Kids and kids at heart will totally love these adorable creatures. :)

The FISH SPA
- I was so excited about this. We paid extra 150 for my daughter's playmate since it's not part of her package. They all were excited. They did enjoy it too. Unfortunately, as much as I love to have my feet dipped in the water, I was just so scared. LOL! My daughter was even laughing at me. At first I got so excited that I hopped in immediately. It was very ticklish. And it made me very giggly! It made me embarrass coz the other people who were enjoying their fish spa has noreaction at all. And here I was giggling all over the place.. *SIGH* I tried to close my eyes coz the fish were bigger than what I expected. And since I have a very wild imagination I got scared. Coz though my eyes were closed I was picturing those fish gobbling my feet! lol! Overall, everyone enjoyed and loved it.

TRAILS OF ANTARTICA
- My daughter was so excited about it. We saw some penguins which were cute. They seem to enjoy the people looking at them thru the glass.:) You also get to feed them for a price of 500 good for 3 people. I believe it only last for a minute or 2 though. and they take your picture with the penguins too. Not sure if that's with an additional fee just like the other attractions. I felt bad for the penguins though upon realizing that they were like treated that way since they were kept on a cramped place. As I looked around the place it seems it wasn't well-maintained at all. And so we went to the Snow Village. It was cold. Well, that's it... It was just one large freezer. Nothing to be excited about. If you have kids they will enjoy it. We paid an extra 200php for that. Well, it was not a well-spent one. But I just put in mind that the money will go for the improvement of not only the place but also the care for the animals. A little bit disappointed with the Trails of Antartica. My daughter who is a happy-go-lucky kid and who is easily pleased seemed to be unsatisfied with it since she was expecting more especially of the Snow Village. (Which I learned about it from her when we got home.)

The OCEANARIUM
- As i've said I didn't expect too much so I didn't get disappointed. :) It was okay.. That is when it comes to the aquariums itself. Based on photos I've seen, I thought the tanks were bigger. The kids enjoyed it. I did too. And seeing these sea creatures was amazing. It makes me think of the One who created us all. He really is the GREAT CREATOR.

The JELLIES EXHIBIT
- It was cool. With the jellies swimming. And with the background music I feel I could get a dose of a good night sleep. :) It was one of the nice things you could look forward to. We stayed here longer than the Trails of Antartica. :)

The SHARKS/RAY DRY ENCOUNTER
- Before we could get to see them we stood in line in the scourging heat as we wait for us to enter the place. The dry encounter was just like 5mins. I was afraid to hold the rays though lol! And there were no sharks in sight ???

The MUSICAL FOUNTAIN SHOW
- It wasn't great. It was ok. I didn't expect to much from it but I was still a bit disappointed from what I saw... I guess I shouldn't have expected anything at all. :) When we were there, one of the Mascots.(the Chef) fell on the pool which obviously not part of the show. But he still continued running and dancing like nothing happened. :) Kudos to that guy! :) The most important thing for me though... The kids, especially my daughter enjoyed it! It was favorite next to the Seal Show! he music is literally blasting right next to the sharks, ray and other fish

In addition to it all...

**Toilets - very clean :)

**Food prices, drinks and ice cream is expensive though...

**When you need to go to the 2nd floor you pass by some sort of tiangges (no connection about marine life and the likes..) and it makes me feel that I'm inside 999 or 168 mall... Which is one of the not so good things about the place.

**Not accessible to public transpo. Just a few taxis came by. I saw there was like a shuttle that you can pay but they were not available then.

**During the Musical Fountain Show the music was so loud. Which was supposed to be normal but then I was just wondering... how were the mantra rays nearby doing?...

There are still a lot that needs improvement. Hopefully, the management will reconsider making the place a better one. The better the place, more people will visit. More money for them... More funds to take care of the animals and put them on a better place/situation.

This trip was for my daughter and she enjoyed it! It was a family trip. We were together/ We were happy.. And I will definitely, recommend this attraction. Just don't expect too much so you won't get disappointed. Overall, it's a happy place! Kids and people that are not too nosy will surely enjoy!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank God_is_good_29
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Aquanaut Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We got a package consisting of 5 activities plus the separate Aquanaut. We had a great time in the Ocean Park and the highlight for me, daughter and son was the Aquanaut package whereby we put on wetsuits and had this 40kg helmet on our heads that will provide the oxygen when we go down the water tank. It was a good experience to be able to swim up close all the different fishes, rays and friendly sharks. We booked via the website for an allocated time, showed up about 20 minutes early and we were taken in right away by our friendly and helpful guide, Celso and Sherwin. After the usual filling in of health forms, Celso gave us a briefing on what's going to happen, showed us the different hand signals when we are underwater, how to walk, kneel etc. We brought our swimsuits and rash vests and they provided the wetsuits, towels and soap. We went down the tank, walked about and Celso took loads of photos of us which we were able to purchase stored in a CD. We were given a certificate, tumbler and photo as part of the package. We were in the tank for a good time, enough to enjoy the experience. The weight of the helmet ensured that we can't stay long. A tip if you've booked the Aquanaut package is to arrive early in the Oceanarium at least an hour before your Aquanaut slot so you can fully enjoy the Oceanarium and then head on to the aquanaut. Normally when you've finished in the Oceanarium, you can't go back. This is true for all the activities. You can't go to the activity more than once. If for some reason, you arrived late and wasn't able to enjoy the Oceanarium, arrange with the guys manning the gates so that you can go back to the Oceanarium after the Aquanaut. This is what we've done and the guys are very understanding, helpful and friendly. The Pancake House within the building is a good place to chill in between activities. The Sea Lion show was funny and the Touch Tank was good too. The Jellyfish display was great and so relaxing. It would have been nice if there were some benches to sit on whilst admiring the jellyfishes and listening to classical music but I think this was done on purpose to stop people staying on for long periods. Overall, a great, unforgettable experience.

Visited April 2014