“Expensive food at this hotel”

The Oasis Paco Park Hotel
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Expensive food at this hotel”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Reasonable location overlooking a circular walled garden. To get to the sea is quite a long walk. Best to take a motto which is quite cheap. Rooms are large but with dark wood furniture. AC is OK. Swimming pool OK.
I had my divers watch and IPhone stolen from my room on the first day. The manager did seem very interested and just told me to report it to the police. I never want the staff to clean or fix my room so I always put the sign on the door to inform them so. I returned and found 5 cleaning girls in my room looking out the window !
I later learned by observation that non guests can enter the hotel ! Next visit I will look for somewhere else to stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Sittwe
OasisPacoParkHotel, Manager at The Oasis Paco Park Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Sittwe,

Greetings from The Oasis Paco Park Hotel!

Thank you very much for the review.

As much as the Management wants to give full feedback about your comments, it is unfortunate that the details in your Tripadvisor account are not enough for us to pull out your record in our system.

Nevertheless, the Management has investigated on this and found the following:

1. There was no complain in our record regarding lost iPhone and Divers watch inside the hotel premises in the months of March and April. No report has been submitted to our Front liner Managers or any note in our guest comment sheet that’s provided inside the room.

2. Regarding the 5 housekeepers in your room looking outside the window, we are really interested in getting more details about this from you as we only have 2 Housekeepers on duty per shift given the manning we have.

3. Our restaurant, My Kitchen by Chef Chris is currently No.2 on Tripadvisor. We only serve the highest quality of food and beverage in our restaurant. So far we have received positive feedbacks regarding the food of Chef Chris.

We hope the above was of help in clarifying the issues mentioned.

Best Regards,

The Oasis Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
UK
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here for about five nights and used it as a base to travel around the Philippines. I booked a standard room and on two occasions was upgraded to a massive deluxe room without even requesting it.
The staff were invariably friendly and helpful. The swimming pool is nice to cool off in, clean and maintained. The rooms are fantastic and modern with split unit, quiet, air con. The location fronts the circular Paco Park, so it is generally peaceful - a bonus in the concrete jungle, traffic mayhem of Manila. The WiFi was upgraded during my stay and worked in the room, albeit slow, like broadband is almost everywhere in the Philippines.
The restaurant is modern and stylish but a bit expensive. The waitresses were sweet and helpful. Thank you Claire and Sheila you were both delightful
Try the Swiss Hotel bar next door for a change of food and tariff.
If I am in Manila again, I would choose the Oasis again, having stayed in about three other places in the past, this is the nicest.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank PlaneCrisp
Muntinlupa, Philippines
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Based on my experience, Oasis Paco Park Hotel is one of the most pleasant and amazing hotel in the Manila, Philippines. The hotel staffs are very hospitable, kind, and helpful. I enjoyed everything about them. Their facilities are absolutely perfect and complete.

Room Tip: -The rooms on the ground floor are more quieter
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank TJT06
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed for a night with friends, they had a great pool which is open until 11 in the evening, the staff was very friendly and accommodating even in the early hours of the morning. Their in-house restaurant was beyond my expectation, one of the best restaurants in Manila, definitely coming back!

Room Tip: Room 201 was our favorite! Very spacious and it had a TV in the shower!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nicole S
Pasay, Philippines

i have the best moment of experience in The Oasis Hotel . good job :D

Based on my experience during my stay, the services rendered by the hotel is really outstanding from head management to maintenance. The staffs really making their way to satisfy the needs of their guest.

Room Tip: any rooms are great .:D
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sherlynsato
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

When I book my hotel reservation , I was told that they have good internet connections in the room especially in their deluxe rooms. Having a very poor internet connection in the room is very inconvenient as a paying customer for 4750 pesos per night. Is this justifiable that I have to step out of my room late at night to get just a decent internet connection. I think that without this basic necessity in a room, Oasis Paco Hotel needs to get a 1 star rating though they already know that this has been one of the main complainta of their paying customers

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Emong0822
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Hi
We were there 2013 april. Night we arrived after long trip cuz z cab driver ddnt knw z place, although we hv booked online much early in advance but still we ddnt find room upon arrival.
We were asked to stay z 1st night the next door hotel. Next morning we were asked to go bk to the oasis hotel.
We were not offered any welcome drink or even glass of water at both hotels!
We booked n paid 4 big room wz double bed however we prefered to stay n smaller room n z ground floor we thought it will be easier to move.
I ddnt offered to adjust z fare. Anyway I ddnt ask also for reduction as I dont want someone to argue wz me.
Room had cocroaches , Ac was not cooling properly n was dropping water.
Minibar was not working properly, but they changed it for us immediately when we asked them to do.
Furniture and room generally look very old.
Room service is good.
Location was good for us as our outings all were at near by places.
Reception, staff, porters, security guards are good.
Generally staff was z reason why we stayed @ z hotel.
Zr was no wifi n z rooms. Anyway we had our own internet connection wz us.
Swimming pool looks nice n z photos but in real it was smaller n not zt much wonderfull like in photos.
Resturant was ok.
Noisy n z morning time specially we used to hear young teenagers talking n laughing loud.
I red all reviews well before booking thats why was not surprised at all.
General rating would be under average
Through my experience during my visits to philippines I was expecting z level of service n z facilities as well.
Thx
We stayed z 1st night the next door hotel. Next morning we were asked to go bk to the oasis hotel.
Room had cocroache, Ac was not cooling properly n was dropping water.
Furniture and room generally look very old.
Room service is good.
Location was good for us as our outings all were at near by places.
Reception, staff, porters, security guards are good.
Generally staff was z reason why we stayed @ z hotel.
Zr was no wifi n z rooms. Anyway we had our own internet connection wz us.
Resturant was ok.
I red all reviews well before booking thats why was not surprised at all.
General rating would be under average
Through my experience during my visits to philippines I was expecting z level of service n z facilities as well!
Thx