“A true oasis in Manila” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Perth, Australia
“A true oasis in Manila”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Not very impressive from the approach, in what looked to be a pretty run-down area, but what a difference once inside. A very nice reception area, excellent friendly staff, a very nice pool, bar and restaurant. The room was falrly basic but had very comfortable beds, TV, air-con and an adequate bathroom. We were offered welcome drinks, not the usual watered down juices that many hotels offer, we had a choice of beer, spirits of fresh juice. My gin and tonic went down very well. But the highlight of our stay was the fantastic restaurant. For dinner we had lovely fresh baked Italian bread with an olive oil, garlic and parsley dip, My wife had baked snapper in a delicious sauce with a good serve of steamed vegetables, I had chicken picata which was chicken breast fillets in a lemon and white wine sauce with mushrooms, fresh capers and butter noodles. The best meal we had had after three weeks in the Philippines and total coast A$18.40. There was no traffic noise and we enjoyed a good night's sleep. Breakfast was another gourmet treat. Two big, fat English sausages with scrambled eggs, farmhouse potatoes and home baked bread with jam. Mango juice, fresh brewed coffee, absolutely delicious and only A$9. Chef Chris is a wonder. We were allowed a late check-out at no charge. While waiting for a taxi to the airport we tried some of Chef Chris's home made gelato, yumm, yumm. I highly recommend this hotel and it is worth going if only for the food.

Room Tip: Ask for a superior room, not much difference in cost but worth the little extra.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ouestmj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Suzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

we stayed here on 3 separate ocasions in August. we picked it as the guide said was great value...but when we got there the prices had shot up. i was tipped off by a passer by to book online and he was proved right as they had the same rooms for half the walk in price. the food is excellent and their service too

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
3 Thank jon g
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Booked for 2 nights through Agoda prior to my arrival in Manila,went travelling for 3 weeks and naturally rebooked for my last night before returning to Australia.Could not fault the friendly service on both visits, although I found the food good however a little expensive. Will definately make Oasis Park my future Manila Hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor room 105 was my pick
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Paul P
Kajang, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you need a quiet and romantic place to stay, this is it!

Oasis Park provides the privacy you need, big rooms, good price and sometime top bargains.

My Kitchen serve Itialiano resto and service is top-notched. Ask for Sheila.

And nobody will be able to find and locate you due to it hidden enclave, even taxi men need a little help to get there.

The hotel provides a feeling of the whole world is just you and your partner!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are hugh, ask for it and they are extremely clean and comfortable
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank eddiesee
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I thought I was off to a bad start when the driver arranged by the hotel failed to turn up at the airport, but I don't blame the hotel for that. They were very apologetic about it. Check in was friendly and even provided a welcome drink voucher. My bags were carried to my room which does not happen everywhere. This hotel seems to thrive on friendliness; whenever you pass a staff member, whether it be housekeeping or restaurant or whoever, you always get a greeting. The hotel has a nice bar and a good restaurant. There is also a swimming pool. Whilst it is in an area with vagrants camped opposite, it is still fairly close to places such as Manila Bay and Robinsons dept. store. There is no lift so that can be a problem for some. I know that you can suggest a bottom level room but if you were unaware of there being no lift you probably wouldn't ask. I had no troubles with the wi-fi that some have mentioned.
I really haven't got much bad to say but I would like them to have a security box in the room as well as a kettle. They also don't provide tea and coffee. They offered to send up boiling water in a thermos (I had my own coffee) but then they charged me for it. I would definitely stay here again, especially for the friendly staff.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank RonRSydney_Australia
Metro Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Everything is lovely at this hotel. The Food was better than never and our room was quite large. When I was in Oasis Paco Park Hotel, I felt so relaxed, they accommodate me with their smile and you can feel their sincerity. Every time you ask for their help are even not asking for help they will insist to help you. this is one of my best experience in checking-in in a hotel . Thank you for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank jhen2x2x679
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Good accommodation with clean spacious rooms. pleasant service with a mini swimming pool to unwind. The Italian restaurant was really up to expectations after I have tried out the vegetarian menu, it was the highest I've paid for a single meal so far. Overall satisfied with this place and intend to bring my partner the next time I visit.

Cons: Lots of homeless and beggars along the street, don't feel safe walking alone especially at night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo