“Barbara's "Restaurant"”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were looking forward to eating here after our Bambike Tour, but ended up (mistakenly and unfortunately) at the cafe....which is close-by. We had lunch here and it was pretty bad. Salads were embarrassing and overall quality was the complete opposite of what we have read about the restaurant and buffet. We will be careful to get it right next time.....am wondering whether 'Barbara' is responsible for the cafe too!! Staff were pleasant but an experience to be avoided despite this.

1  Thank Andy K

Reviewed 19 July 2014

It's one of those days where I feel like venturing around Metro Manila revisiting places where we use to go with my Parents, and I have thought of going to Intramuros to see how it looks like now. I realized that I have not been there for several decades already! As I was enjoying the site of that old familiar San Agustin church, right across it was "Barbara's" so I thought of going in Plaza San Luis. I hanged out at "Barbara's" Coffee shop right in the end of the Pasilyo. I might say they have good coffee and sweet tasting pastries. Hanging out for an hour, I fell like I was transported back in time. It is so Beautiful! I thought of going back another day to have the Dining experience. After several days, I went for lunch, to make my story short. I had a wonderful experience. A treasure find inside Intramuros for Local and foreign tourist. It was a feast for the senses. I would strongly recommend this Restaurant to my friends.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Barbara's is inside the lovely San Luis complex, right across from the San Agustin church. The evening meal starts at 6:30pm and the dance and music starts at 7:15pm. The food is mostly traditional Filippino food, and it is a buffet so you can get as much as you like! I enjoyed the food, but I wasn't overly impressed by it. The music is live, and the accompanying dance is really wonderful. The dancers were extremely enthusiastic, and at the end invited up any guest willing to try the national "bird" dance. We arrived about 6:50pm and everything was finished at 8:30pm. The atmosphere of the restaurant is lovely, too! The only reason I gave 4 stars is because it is a little expensive with average food - after drinks and tip the cost for three people was over 2,300 pesos - and this isn't the only restaurant to offer such an event.

1  Thank atroberts
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My most favorite restaurant in Intramuros! It has been 4 visits and counting, I've been there solo to do my ocular inspection last 2013, with our visiting Japanese Aikido Sensei & fellow Aikidokas, with my travel buddy/bestfriend Iza, and with friends and colleagues just last April 2014. The place exudes the old Spanish charm & elegance from the thick wooden floors & doors, the pristine white tablecloths down to the last gleaming silverware. All the staff were very friendly, always smiling, takes care of your every need. The cultural shows were amazing! The dancers & musicians are very talented, the costumes they are wearing are so beautiful! I take lots of videos of these dances whcih you can check out at Youtube. The food is sooo good, we always go back for 3rd or 4th servings. It's always cheat day every time I visit this place. :) For only PHP710/person [USD $16-18], you get the best meal in Intramuros & an amazing cultural show. :)

4  Thank iLakwatsera
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is the perfect place to sit, relax, and enjoy a Halo Halo. Each time I bring friends to Intramuros we always stop at Barbara's.

1  Thank Lauren S