“Hidden Diamond in Malate”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro Remedios

Bistro Remedios
Ranked #13 of 950 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Philippine, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Southern Finland, Finland
“Hidden Diamond in Malate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Since 2007 and my first visit to Manila i have been vdining this restaurant maybe 10 times and always paid my bill with a great wide smile on my face. Lovelly foods,..try especially coat, it melt to your mouth and really affordable to 2 person. Wine selection is some limited,.well,.Hardy`s still fine but Lindemans would sound lot better. Great value and nice service.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Niko_sta

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great way to sample local food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Some friends and I had dinner on a Sunday night at this bright and cheery place. The food was tasty and well prepared. By ordering many different appetizers and mains, we were able to taste many different types of local food. The service was prompt and all the food came to the table at the same time. It was great dinner with a relaxed vibe and delicious food!

• Visited September 2013
Kobe, Japan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Value, Great Food, Greater Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

The food just tastes good! They have traditional Philippino dishes such as Bulalo, but also have something creative. Price is not that cheap compared to other places in the Philippines, but 500-600 Pesos/person is still of good value. But the greatest of all is their service, I felt like they really served you from the heart! I went there at noon and couldn't help myself but went back there for dinner too.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Wei_Vicky
Milano Marittima, Italy
“Good place for a foreigner to approach the Philipino kitchen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was in this restaurant for my first lunch upon arrival in Manila, and was pleasantly surprised by the variety of dishes in the menu. The place is clean and the atmosphere pleasant and relaxed.
Being a seafood lover, I appreciated their appetizer (baby squid sauteed with garlic) as well as a typical Pinoy plate : the Binukadkad na crispy plapla (a deep fried tilapia, open up to show his fillets as if it was a butterfly).
The meal was quite reasonably priced (at least based on equuivalent European prices) and the service quite courteous
And again I went there for a meal, 42 days later,the day before leaving Manila

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Zanatani
Tampa, FL
“I got very sick!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Ate there last evening; upon the waiters suggestion, I had the baby squid and the garlic rice. The food was very mediocre, with the garlic completely overwhelming it and the overall feeling being they were clubbing you with oil and garlic. I also had bottled water. I walked back to my hotel, and by 45 minutes after eating, my stomach was queasy... Which I hoped was just too much of the heavy seasoning. Within an hour I was vomiting and then came the diarrhea.... All night.

I have no doubt whatsoever that this place made me sick.

• Visited May 2013