“Lacking in all ways possible”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Italianni's

Italianni's
Ranked #32 of 950 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Gran Canaria, Spain
“Lacking in all ways possible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Waiters / waitresses in this restaurant lacks leadership they run around like headless chickens with no idea how to deliver proper service. This is very uncommon as the service level in the Philippines is really very good. The first course was mussels that turned out to be drowned in pepper and thereby rendered inedible. The next was a salad with half rotten leaves of salad In between a very tired salad. Finally a dish with chicken but the chicken was dry and hard like the sole of a shoe. I have hard time understanding how they seem to have many guests as this was my third time and each time they have underperformed. And I each time I hear people complaining about something there.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ANDY T

• Indonesian first
“The cold treatment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

May 24, 2014, 20 pm, friend and I were deciding on what to order from the menu, along the railings on the 2nd floor of the joint in Greenbelt 2. But realizing how utterly in-your-face the airconditioning was, we asked moving before we gave our the order. I understand it was a busy night, but standard MO in Italianni's is to give a bread basket of typically 4 pieces. Don't Italianni's anticipate the crowd on the weekends? We had hoped the bread basket would warm us up temporarily while we waited to be moved to another table. But 10 minutes and 2 requests later, 2 pieces of bread was all they had on a Friday night. Seeing another table moved normally made us uncomfortable. We decided to follow up on our request to be moved with the waitress who took our orders when she failed to "ask and let us know", as she put it. Been freezing for a good 30 minutes now, with 2 pieces of bread. Asked again for another round of breadbasket, twice. We decided to make another request for relocation from a woman in a pink shirt (floor manager perhaps?). She'll let us know, their favorite response. I had just left 9 degree spring temperatures in Germany and, in the Manila heat, I felt as freezing sitting here. Nevermind the moving then, we expected that the food would warm us up and allow us to continue our conversation. The portion seemed massive. I was excited, then again, but as I saw the steam escaping a little too fast, I feared food wpuld get cold. Tried to enjoy it quickly, again, but before.i put the pasta in my mouth, it was cold as heck. Pasta was tough and chewy within 5 minutes and the collagen on the beef bits tasted wrong. This reminded me of eating al fresco in spring Hamburg with the cool of the air in your face and food. But had I wanted the cold treatment, I would have stayed in Hamburg instead.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TheQueenofDrizzle
united states
“Poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Ate at Italianni's atc branch and the servers were not at all attentive to the needs of the customers. They will not replenish your bread until you ask them to. Just like the other reviews, service is poor. The server would also try to sales talk you into buying the discount card and that is quite irritating.

• Visited April 2014
“Nice Italian Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I love dining in Italianni's bec their food tastes good. Almost all their salad and pastas are to share but it'll be best if they'll add more single serving with their salad and just about 1 or 2 kinds only.

One thing that makes it bad is their service which I must say should be improved bec it takes a lot of mins. to get their attention before they get to your table and there was a time that I walked out of their Glorietta branch bec they didn't attend to me to get my order considering that I got there first before the bigger group. It was frustrating bec I am a regular customer in their Greenbelt branch.

Tamuning, Mariana Islands
“Worst service ever...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I would NEVER recommend this restaurant to anyone! We went to Greenbelt to get something to eat after checking in to our hotel and we were starving. We wanted pasta, so we were looking for an Italian restaurant. As we were walking by them, they were so quick to ask us to eat there. They sat us down real quick and handed us a menu. We were told our server would be right with us. Mind you, the restaurant was maybe a quarter full. After almost thirty minutes, our server was nowhere to be found. We had read the entire menu trying to pass the time till we were helped. I tried getting someone's attention who was just standing in the middle of the restaurant. But all she did was look at me and look away. The bus boy was cleaning the table behind us, so I tried to get his attention to find our server, but he wouldn't even look at me. That was the last straw. We stormed out with our menus and threw it at the hostess. You bet she got an earful of my frustration... and she didn't even attempt to apologize!

• Visited April 2014