“Pleasant Surprise”

Italianni's
Ranked #32 of 950 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Manila, Philippines
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I went to the Mall of Asia store to read and watch the sunset after a bit of shopping. I decided to try the cocktail selection here with the spinach and artichoke dip (my favorite). When my frozen apple concoction (can't remember the cocktail's name) came, I was pleasantly surprised by it's size and taste. It was blended with some mint and basil! So refreshing on that hot afternoon. It also had a large slice of fuji apple as garnish. I didn't even taste the alcohol in it but I'm sure there was some because my face flushed pink after a few large sips. I will definitely have this drink again.

• Indonesian first
“Greenbelt 2 is an excellent place to enjoy a dinning experience - but avoid Italliani's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Italliani's is not a restaurant that meets the high standards of others in Greenbelt 2.
Unless of course your pet dog is fond of Cold to Luke warm food served late and without follow up service.
I was surprised at the standards as this restaurant chain is normally very good at the worst of times. But then there are exceptions.

Service was very slow, food was Cold or Luke warm, drinks arrived at different intervals for guests - which meant that when we started we had to wait up to 15 minutes for all of us to have a drink at hand.

We were not asked if we wanted desert nor additional drinks and the bill came quicker than all the above.

Next time we will go to another restaurant in G2 and have a better experience.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Mark W
Pasig, Philippines
“An okay experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The restaurant was okay, except that the service was a bit slow. The food was great though. I recommend the roast pork, and refillable iced tea. Also try to buy the Premiere Card, for various discounts, freebies, and cash vouchers.

• Visited July 2014
Gran Canaria, Spain
“Lacking in all ways possible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Waiters / waitresses in this restaurant lacks leadership they run around like headless chickens with no idea how to deliver proper service. This is very uncommon as the service level in the Philippines is really very good. The first course was mussels that turned out to be drowned in pepper and thereby rendered inedible. The next was a salad with half rotten leaves of salad In between a very tired salad. Finally a dish with chicken but the chicken was dry and hard like the sole of a shoe. I have hard time understanding how they seem to have many guests as this was my third time and each time they have underperformed. And I each time I hear people complaining about something there.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ANDY T
“The cold treatment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

May 24, 2014, 20 pm, friend and I were deciding on what to order from the menu, along the railings on the 2nd floor of the joint in Greenbelt 2. But realizing how utterly in-your-face the airconditioning was, we asked moving before we gave our the order. I understand it was a busy night, but standard MO in Italianni's is to give a bread basket of typically 4 pieces. Don't Italianni's anticipate the crowd on the weekends? We had hoped the bread basket would warm us up temporarily while we waited to be moved to another table. But 10 minutes and 2 requests later, 2 pieces of bread was all they had on a Friday night. Seeing another table moved normally made us uncomfortable. We decided to follow up on our request to be moved with the waitress who took our orders when she failed to "ask and let us know", as she put it. Been freezing for a good 30 minutes now, with 2 pieces of bread. Asked again for another round of breadbasket, twice. We decided to make another request for relocation from a woman in a pink shirt (floor manager perhaps?). She'll let us know, their favorite response. I had just left 9 degree spring temperatures in Germany and, in the Manila heat, I felt as freezing sitting here. Nevermind the moving then, we expected that the food would warm us up and allow us to continue our conversation. The portion seemed massive. I was excited, then again, but as I saw the steam escaping a little too fast, I feared food wpuld get cold. Tried to enjoy it quickly, again, but before.i put the pasta in my mouth, it was cold as heck. Pasta was tough and chewy within 5 minutes and the collagen on the beef bits tasted wrong. This reminded me of eating al fresco in spring Hamburg with the cool of the air in your face and food. But had I wanted the cold treatment, I would have stayed in Hamburg instead.

• Visited May 2014