“Kitchen”

Cafe Ysabel
Ranked #153 of 1,056 Restaurants in Manila
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of San Juan, Cafe Ysabel is a 1927 San Juan vacation home that was transformed into a restaurant in 1982.
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Food is at best only average. You just get overwhelmed by the ambiance. Check out how the kitchen looks like. Really filthy, wet, and grimey. Won't pass sanitation.

3  Thank J K

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Authentic ambiance with a homey feel. Really good food, too! The spicy pasta (I forgot, but it has a catchy name) and risotto are very delicious.

OPM music or instrumental songs were serenading us while eating.

I will definitely go back here. It is worth the trip to Greenhills.

2  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Was looking for a romantic anniversary dinner date online and i chance upon this restaurant, the reviews were good so i gave it a try. The place is like an old spanish house turned into a restaurant and the interiors are filled with old memorabilias, the lamps ,even the floors..it has that old rustic feel. The foods are delectable and reasonable for its price, the only downside is most of the food that we ordered are not availabe, i was even looking forward to their creme brulee much to my dismay theyre not available. Their service is slow, there were only 2 wait staff i saw last night and sometimes theyre nowhere to be found. Just picking up the tab took me 25 minutes to wait. Id still come back here for the food maybe my partner and i will try their breakfast, only if we're not in a hurry.

2  Thank just_add_H20
Reviewed 20 November 2013

It's been almost a year since I got the" YES" from my ex gf now fiancee here in this memorable place. My plan made possible with the help of the staff. It was perfect because when I ask her the question we were seating in the table called the YES-table! I'll let you, to go figure .
Anyway, before I made the proposal I ordered seabass for myself and chateubriand for my fiancee and the feeling was heaven. While waiting for these delicious dishes though there was this bread and sauce you could't find anywhere but in this place and you can say it's worth the wait.
We will never ever forget this place and we promise that we will return every year.
Thanks CAFE YSABEL!

3  Thank JustandJean
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The experience was ridiculous. We were nicely welcomed by one of the waiters upon arrival. However, i kind of think it went too far. The customer service is so sub-par.

I called for a waiter's attention to ask him to light a candle for our table. I gave him a wave, and he responded by giving me a nod as if I am some kind of "barkada" and did not even acknowledge us properly! To make things worse, he did bring us a Birthday candle! But after realizing that it wasn't what we were asking for, he quickly fetched the right candle, lit it, and carelessly tossed it onto our table. I also find it really rude that they are talking behind our backs, cleaning and rearranging the tables while we were eating, and made us feel so unwelcome. An ambiance like that would want you to quickly finish your meal and head off somewhere else.

We were expecting so much more from the staff. The food was great, although, given the atmosphere and the impression that the staff brought us while we were dining, it made us think that the food that we were eating were from some culinary student trying to work on some recipe.

We were expecting so much more from Cafe Ysabel. The only thing that we got was disappointment

2  Thank jec_the_dude