“Very nice, clean and affordable hotel”
Review of Casa Bocobo Hotel

Casa Bocobo Hotel
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We checked in this hotel just last night August 9 and just want to share my experiences with this hotel, we arrived before 8pm I think, it is quite hard to find place because the cab driver always asks for the address of this hotel, we thought were not gonna find this place that night having bad jetlagged. Such a nice hotel when we arrive oh thank god because we can feel relaxation just after entering the hotel. Very nice and beautiful 2 young ladies in the front desk cashiering assisted us from the very first step. When they found out that the room has not yet ready for 3 people, they called immediately to set-up another bed, so we have to wait, good thing there's at least a glass of water thank god were very much tired that day with no sleep having some bad mood at all. The young lady even go to us while waiting just to give our key and explained policies she still gave us some stuff for the breakfast though she already knows we had a trip early in the morning, the other one even offer wake up call good thing we almost forgot it. My friends and I just enjoyed having some conversation with the young ladies very beautiful smiling girls, who trained them? They have to train also other ladies in other hotel, other hotels do not know how to treat their guests, this hotel can be compared to commercial hotels when it comes to their staffs. Luggage's was already in our room, the room was ready in just few minutes very fast to setup a bed, amazing. Such a cool room want to sleep immediately, but we had to choose whose gonna sleep on extra bed no one wants to sleep there, such a little bit creepy thing to sleep, we felt that anytime it will bang and crashed anytime, so one of us have to share in one single bed. We had a wake up call but its a little bit late for a 5 am wake up call, good thing they rang our phone but its past 5 am, they rang it before they already forgotten. But then again nice and affordable hotel to be recommended.

Regards,

Beth

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank edobson73
There are newer reviews for Casa Bocobo Hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2013

First, this is a really hectic neighborhood. If you are just landing in Manila from Europe or the States, the environs of this hotel may freak you out with all the noise, constant construction, smog, kareoke, etc. Some of the reviews listed here read like the person's main complaint was that just walked off the plane with jet lag and culture shock, and this hotel was the first thing they encountered.

The rooms here are clean, the bed is comfortable, the shower has hot water, and the tv and air conditioning work. At the price, there are a lot of rooms in this part of the city where those basics are not met, so I am not going to complain too much.

However, it's kind of a gloomy place to stay. The desk staff is really unfriendly and definitely don't want to help you if you have any problems. The doormen are much nicer. The restaurant food is edible, but not great. The free breakfast is good for the price (free). The hallways are grim and can be noisy. The rooms have tiny windows that you can't see out of. And, like I said, the hotel is on a really hectic street and is also in the middle of a major renovation.

I've stayed here a couple times, because I have work in the immediate area (it is close to the US Embassy, a lot of government buildings, etc). I found that the small room was still fine for one person, and that the "deluxe" room wasn't that much bigger or better. I would stay in the small room again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank inconsistency
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Let me guess, must be because people rate you for your services in the other "branch". So this is for my collective experience with you.

We arrived after over 15 hrs of flying, jetlagged & just wanted to crash in excitedly into Manila's 11th ranked value for money hotel.

Soon as we arrived reception politely told us we were booked at their other branch. The security guard referenced a tall building & I thought the branch would probably be better than the main. We had to rehire our taxi driver to deliver to this other location. My question is: why didn't their online confirmation say we were booked differently at this other one in the first place?

Upon arriving at the Zen towers where the "branch" was, we realised Casa Bocobo owned only a few units of the building -I guess just a floor of the tower's 25. Then the reception at the little front desk told us that we had to pay an extra P800 for our 3rd person in this case was our son. I mean, I won't mind paying at all if at the time of our online booking this was clearly indicated. So the hotel management just managed to provoke my tired self & I had to give out at the front desk. Sorry to the actually polite staff.

Recommendation: Be transparent. Clearly summarise in the confirmation email just exactly what the guests will be getting. I'm sure there will be guests who won't mind getting the services you give as long it suits them.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank joyFP
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We are the 3 of us and we stayed 2 x 1 nights in Bocobo hotel (pronounce Borrrrrrobo hotel to be understood by taxi drivers). The first night was very correct, 3 real beds, hot shower etc ... We went back after spending the night in the bus from Banaue, and we arrived at 6 a.m. The receptionisttel refused to give our booked room that is understandable at this time. They proposed a discounted room until chek-in time with a double bed only, so one of us slept on the floor . I would have appreciated to be proposed the booked room at this discount price, and I'm quite sure that the booked room was vacant in the morning. When we moved to the booked room, no extra bed was prepared, we got an old iron camp bed ! Moreover, we didn't get hot shower.
So you can understand we were a little bit disappointed.
Last point: Wonder if staying closed to Intramuros makes sense for U. Visiting Intramuros takes 2-3 hours but the life in Manila is rather in Malate according to us.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Dom_and_Family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

They decided to start construction at 7 AM, so If you sleep here get Ready to be waked up with the Sound of hammers!!(also in the weekend)

Ive always liked it here, used it 5-6 times before.. but i will never stay here again..

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim_Raufort
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have been staying in this hotel at least ten times before, the staff was always polite, and you could have 15 good mornings down for breakfast. Now most of them look another way. We arrived 40 minutes before check in time at 2 pm, but there were no chance to have the room. We came back at 6 pm, then we got the room. I will warn everyone, if they will give you room 263, so do not accept !!!! There was noice from the traffic all night, it was impossible to sleep.

I sent a mail to the hotel, complained about the room, but of courde they did not replied.

We will not go back there

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Terje S
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Great bargain of a hotel if you plan to stay near the US embassy, Robinson's place and St. Luke's extension clinic. Rooms are very clean even the bathroom that I am not concerned walking around my room barefoot, free breakfast, reasonably priced meals and free wifi. Staff are very couteous and accomodating. My minor gripes are:

1. Extra pillow
2. No fridge for my room type

But I like this hotel overall for its value.

• Stayed: July 2013