“Transient for Wicked”
Review of Casa Bocobo Hotel

Casa Bocobo Hotel
Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I booked Casa Bocobo because it was near CCP and great value for money. I was to watch Wicked that time and true enough it was a short ride from the Hotel to CCP and back. Had a good night's sleep and rooms were clean. Lights however should have at least one fluorescent quality as most of their lights were ambient.

Overall though, my stay is the Casa was pleasant and the staff were courteous and polite.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WaGne C

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 days. The rooms were great! We got 2 separate rooms and there were just excellent! The sheets,blankets and pillowcases all smelled good. Comfortable mattresses and a really relaxing ambiance. Walking distance to the resto and back in every corner. A spa sitting in front of the hotel and staff that are very hospitable. Wifi is not that strong though but that was not a bid deal for me because the rooms are amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank James A
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This middle of the road hotel is cheaper than many others in the area and probably a lot cleaner. The location is fairly good, although staying in Makati would better suit most other westerners.
I've stayed here on two occasions over the past few years and due to stay there again soon mainly due to the value for money (and also because my missus has a few appointments nearby for a couple of days).
I generally haven't been disappointed so far.

Room Tip: Try to book online as far in advance as possible, but in any case before you get there. I think the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MondoMan7767
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Fairly good location a short walk to some attractions, dining options and shopping. The staff was always friendly and cheerful. I stood at this hotel twice, the first time I had no room options so I had to stay in a twin room and it was okay great if your on a budget. The next time I opted for the Deluxe King and for 10 dollars more I was quite a surprised at comfort difference. All in all good choice when considering your budget accommodations.

Room Tip: My hands down favorite was the deluxe king. Secure your booking at least a month in advance for the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ALS624
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is a good bargain for the price. You get what you pay for. There is nothing very special about this property except for the cheerful staff and good service. But for the money you pay, you get fairly good facilities. Rooms are sparsely furnished but it's just adequate. Everything is clean including the bathrooms. Can't complain much.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zolaziyamatt
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My brother found Casa Bocobo on the internet because we are looking for a place which is nearest to St. Luke's Extension clinic, as I was having my Medicals in my application for US Visa. He booked for a Standard Twin room with two beds. Upon my arrival on the hotel with my brother, the reception desk personnel were very friendly and all smiles. The place smelled good. As I opened our room, I immediately liked it because it is neat, clean, pleasing to the eyes. It had drinking glasses, slippers, bath towels, soap, shampoo, thermos, Cable TV, aircon. It was a very comfortable room for me. The shower room is nice. The complimentary breakfast during my 3 straight nights stay are very delicious. The hotel is really convenient for me as I walked my way to St. Luke's for my two-day medicals. All of the staff and crew there greeted all the time when they passed us by. I really enjoyed my stay and my brother did, too. I am definitely looking forward to return to this hotel again if ever I needed to stay longer in Manila.

They say, "There is no place like home".
But, at Casa Bocobo, you can really feel like you are still at home, enjoying the luxuries and your comfy bed and everything that goes with it.

Keep it up, Casa Bocobo!!!!!!
Kudos to you and More Power!!!!!!!!!! :-)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mina S
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I think the high rating on this hotel is a bit misleading. Trust me this hotel is no way anywhere near the top 20 in Manila. That said, it is a cheap, well kept place to lie your head and rest for a night or two (but no more). There is no pool, nothing to do there, the room lacked a fridge and after 4 days I couldn't wait to get out. But once again for the price they charge it is a fair deal so I don't want to sound to negative. The location is like any other in ALL of Manila. Bad. Surrounded by dirty smelly streets this is the third world. Yet one can walk from the hotel to Ocean Park or Robertsons Mall safely. I found the staff pleasant like most hotels in the Philippines. The food was good and the breakfast included was adequate. The bed was old and hard and the blanket was nothing but a flannel type sheet but it was clean. Bathroom was ok. If you find yourself needing a room in this area of town I would recommend this hotel if your budget is low.

Room Tip: Be prepared for loud AC as these have the clunky window units that rattle all night. Also ask ahead...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple