“Okay place to stay in Manila”
Review of Casa Bocobo Hotel

Casa Bocobo Hotel
Ranked #18 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Sydney, Australia
“Okay place to stay in Manila”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Casa Bocobo Hotel for a night at the start and end of our trip to the Philippines. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes from the airport, depending on traffic, and airport pick-up/drop-off can be arranged by the hotel (though a local metered taxi is much cheaper). The rooms are basic but quiet, clean and nice. My only complaint is that our bed didn't have a top sheet, only the bottom fitted sheet and then a thin blanket. There's a small restaurant attached to the hotel, which is okay. Breakfast is included in the room price, and there's a fairly good range to choose from. I didn't find the hotel or restaurant staff particularly nice or helpful though, and the service at the restaurant wasn't great. Every meal we had there, one meal came out first and then the other one often 10-15 minutes later. There's free wifi in both the restaurant and rooms though, which was great and always worked well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jessica B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I booked Casa Bocobo because it was near CCP and great value for money. I was to watch Wicked that time and true enough it was a short ride from the Hotel to CCP and back. Had a good night's sleep and rooms were clean. Lights however should have at least one fluorescent quality as most of their lights were ambient.

Overall though, my stay is the Casa was pleasant and the staff were courteous and polite.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank WaGne C
Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 days. The rooms were great! We got 2 separate rooms and there were just excellent! The sheets,blankets and pillowcases all smelled good. Comfortable mattresses and a really relaxing ambiance. Walking distance to the resto and back in every corner. A spa sitting in front of the hotel and staff that are very hospitable. Wifi is not that strong though but that was not a bid deal for me because the rooms are amazing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank James A
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This middle of the road hotel is cheaper than many others in the area and probably a lot cleaner. The location is fairly good, although staying in Makati would better suit most other westerners.
I've stayed here on two occasions over the past few years and due to stay there again soon mainly due to the value for money (and also because my missus has a few appointments nearby for a couple of days).
I generally haven't been disappointed so far.

Room Tip: Try to book online as far in advance as possible, but in any case before you get there. I think the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MondoMan7767
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Fairly good location a short walk to some attractions, dining options and shopping. The staff was always friendly and cheerful. I stood at this hotel twice, the first time I had no room options so I had to stay in a twin room and it was okay great if your on a budget. The next time I opted for the Deluxe King and for 10 dollars more I was quite a surprised at comfort difference. All in all good choice when considering your budget accommodations.

Room Tip: My hands down favorite was the deluxe king. Secure your booking at least a month in advance for the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ALS624
Alhambra, California
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is a good bargain for the price. You get what you pay for. There is nothing very special about this property except for the cheerful staff and good service. But for the money you pay, you get fairly good facilities. Rooms are sparsely furnished but it's just adequate. Everything is clean including the bathrooms. Can't complain much.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zolaziyamatt
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My brother found Casa Bocobo on the internet because we are looking for a place which is nearest to St. Luke's Extension clinic, as I was having my Medicals in my application for US Visa. He booked for a Standard Twin room with two beds. Upon my arrival on the hotel with my brother, the reception desk personnel were very friendly and all smiles. The place smelled good. As I opened our room, I immediately liked it because it is neat, clean, pleasing to the eyes. It had drinking glasses, slippers, bath towels, soap, shampoo, thermos, Cable TV, aircon. It was a very comfortable room for me. The shower room is nice. The complimentary breakfast during my 3 straight nights stay are very delicious. The hotel is really convenient for me as I walked my way to St. Luke's for my two-day medicals. All of the staff and crew there greeted all the time when they passed us by. I really enjoyed my stay and my brother did, too. I am definitely looking forward to return to this hotel again if ever I needed to stay longer in Manila.

They say, "There is no place like home".
But, at Casa Bocobo, you can really feel like you are still at home, enjoying the luxuries and your comfy bed and everything that goes with it.

Keep it up, Casa Bocobo!!!!!!
Kudos to you and More Power!!!!!!!!!! :-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business