“Nice clean hotel, but choose room carefully”
Review of Casa Bocobo Hotel

Casa Bocobo Hotel
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights. After a 16 hr flight from the UK I was hoping for a good night's sleep. Unfortunately I was woken at 3am by the noise of chair legs being scraped across a tiled floor, items clattering about and conversation taking place in the room next to mine. I went to investigate to discover it was the hotel staff cleaning the room. I went to reception to complain. The receptionist then radioed the staff to be quiet. Should rooms be serviced at this time in the morning in any case?
My room was spacious, clean and the shower worked OK with hot, yes hot, water. The traffic along Bocobo Street that my room fronted onto seemed ceaseless and the hooting from vehicles went on through the night. I felt I was sleeping on the pavement at times. There are rooms on the opposite side of the corridor that face a quieter side road. The air con is of the ubiquitous, noisy single unit type.
The restaurant is good and food reasonably priced. Staff were friendly and helpful. WiFi worked in the room as well as lobby, restaurant etc.
A nice hotel that is welcoming and value for money. It gets busy over the weekends, so book in advance.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't front onto Bocobo Street.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank PlaneCrisp
There are newer reviews for Casa Bocobo Hotel

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a fine little hotel in a good location. The staff are friendly and helpful while the rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. The adjoining cafe served a decent breakfast in the morning (included in my price). My only complaint was the lack of pressure in my shower. Not sure if this is a commonality among all rooms, or just the one I stayed. Regardless, it is not enough for me not to stay here again nor not recommend it for a short stay.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to face onto two small side streets. The odd numbered rooms face the slightly less b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Casa Bocobo Hotel for a night at the start and end of our trip to the Philippines. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes from the airport, depending on traffic, and airport pick-up/drop-off can be arranged by the hotel (though a local metered taxi is much cheaper). The rooms are basic but quiet, clean and nice. My only complaint is that our bed didn't have a top sheet, only the bottom fitted sheet and then a thin blanket. There's a small restaurant attached to the hotel, which is okay. Breakfast is included in the room price, and there's a fairly good range to choose from. I didn't find the hotel or restaurant staff particularly nice or helpful though, and the service at the restaurant wasn't great. Every meal we had there, one meal came out first and then the other one often 10-15 minutes later. There's free wifi in both the restaurant and rooms though, which was great and always worked well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I booked Casa Bocobo because it was near CCP and great value for money. I was to watch Wicked that time and true enough it was a short ride from the Hotel to CCP and back. Had a good night's sleep and rooms were clean. Lights however should have at least one fluorescent quality as most of their lights were ambient.

Overall though, my stay is the Casa was pleasant and the staff were courteous and polite.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WaGne C
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 days. The rooms were great! We got 2 separate rooms and there were just excellent! The sheets,blankets and pillowcases all smelled good. Comfortable mattresses and a really relaxing ambiance. Walking distance to the resto and back in every corner. A spa sitting in front of the hotel and staff that are very hospitable. Wifi is not that strong though but that was not a bid deal for me because the rooms are amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank James A
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This middle of the road hotel is cheaper than many others in the area and probably a lot cleaner. The location is fairly good, although staying in Makati would better suit most other westerners.
I've stayed here on two occasions over the past few years and due to stay there again soon mainly due to the value for money (and also because my missus has a few appointments nearby for a couple of days).
I generally haven't been disappointed so far.

Room Tip: Try to book online as far in advance as possible, but in any case before you get there. I think the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MondoMan7767
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Fairly good location a short walk to some attractions, dining options and shopping. The staff was always friendly and cheerful. I stood at this hotel twice, the first time I had no room options so I had to stay in a twin room and it was okay great if your on a budget. The next time I opted for the Deluxe King and for 10 dollars more I was quite a surprised at comfort difference. All in all good choice when considering your budget accommodations.

Room Tip: My hands down favorite was the deluxe king. Secure your booking at least a month in advance for the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple