“Budget Wise”
Review of Casa Bocobo Hotel

Casa Bocobo Hotel
Ranked #16 of 111 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The place is clean, quiet and budget-wise good for backpackers. Location is good (near malls and red district of Manila).

Just need to invest more on training for staff about customer service and interaction.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank lakbayaral84

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Me and my colleagues stayed for one night at Casa Bocobo hotel,Manila and the place was decent and clean. Our room was twin room was spacious and comfortable. The hot and cold water drinking water was readily availbale whenever I asked for it, the staff was fast in giving service to their clients and the best part was that the drinking water was free. In the morning wevordered breakfast and the food was great. The check in counter was for our baggage was very safe and the front desk accomodated their customers very well. The hotel price was also affordable, I will stay come back for sure.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gray T
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was my 2nd time staying at the hotel. Previously when i emailed reservation to confirm my booking i got an immediate reply. I even got assisted when i asked for airport transfer. That was in end jan. But on my last trip on 18 Apr, not only that they not respond, but when i got my agent to call them, they also mentioned no such service for airport transfer. Unbelievable....

At least when a customer emails, they should respond. As for the other aspects of the hotel, it was excellent. The customer service, room service and cleaning of the rooms were perfect. There were nothing to complain about.

Its total value for such a hotel and i will come back again for sure.

Room Tip: Try to deluxe double. Worth every penny
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Omer F
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I came today by 1pm but they were kind enough to give me a room before the check in time . Single room are nice, simple, clean and well equiped ; I feel secure . My widows is giving on the street but not noisy ; GREAT FOR PEACEFUL STAY. ONLY PB THEY DONT HAVE MUCH INFORMATION ABOUT THE CITY, no MAP, no GUIDE... but staffs are really kind.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda-shadil
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights. After a 16 hr flight from the UK I was hoping for a good night's sleep. Unfortunately I was woken at 3am by the noise of chair legs being scraped across a tiled floor, items clattering about and conversation taking place in the room next to mine. I went to investigate to discover it was the hotel staff cleaning the room. I went to reception to complain. The receptionist then radioed the staff to be quiet. Should rooms be serviced at this time in the morning in any case?
My room was spacious, clean and the shower worked OK with hot, yes hot, water. The traffic along Bocobo Street that my room fronted onto seemed ceaseless and the hooting from vehicles went on through the night. I felt I was sleeping on the pavement at times. There are rooms on the opposite side of the corridor that face a quieter side road. The air con is of the ubiquitous, noisy single unit type.
The restaurant is good and food reasonably priced. Staff were friendly and helpful. WiFi worked in the room as well as lobby, restaurant etc.
A nice hotel that is welcoming and value for money. It gets busy over the weekends, so book in advance.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't front onto Bocobo Street.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank PlaneCrisp
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a fine little hotel in a good location. The staff are friendly and helpful while the rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. The adjoining cafe served a decent breakfast in the morning (included in my price). My only complaint was the lack of pressure in my shower. Not sure if this is a commonality among all rooms, or just the one I stayed. Regardless, it is not enough for me not to stay here again nor not recommend it for a short stay.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to face onto two small side streets. The odd numbered rooms face the slightly less b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Casa Bocobo Hotel for a night at the start and end of our trip to the Philippines. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes from the airport, depending on traffic, and airport pick-up/drop-off can be arranged by the hotel (though a local metered taxi is much cheaper). The rooms are basic but quiet, clean and nice. My only complaint is that our bed didn't have a top sheet, only the bottom fitted sheet and then a thin blanket. There's a small restaurant attached to the hotel, which is okay. Breakfast is included in the room price, and there's a fairly good range to choose from. I didn't find the hotel or restaurant staff particularly nice or helpful though, and the service at the restaurant wasn't great. Every meal we had there, one meal came out first and then the other one often 10-15 minutes later. There's free wifi in both the restaurant and rooms though, which was great and always worked well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple