“Can they do something about the bathrooms? =/”
Review of Hotel H2O

Hotel H2O
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Manila, Philippines
“Can they do something about the bathrooms? =/”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed a night at the H2O, just to try something new. Unfortunately, my fiance lost his passport at the Manila Hotel almost a week prior to our stay, so pretty much early the next morning, we had to leave early for our appointment at the British Embassy, and so, we never got to enjoy our stay much.
We arrived a bit late from the airport, and we decided to drop by my house in Malate, so we only had less than an hour to freshen up. I thought that we had to lug our bags all the way up to the lobby, which IS quite a way from the Hotel/Waterpark's entrance, but luckily, we spotted the bell boys who are situated downstairs. Checking in was nice and easy, but I was a bit surprised the way the hallways are constructed - they made me feel that I was in a labyrinth, and I feel a bit claustrophobic on the way to our room.

My initial thought upon seeing our room was "Wow. This is small and cramped." But I liked the window that looked out into the Manila Bay, and since it was dusk when we arrived, the glorious sunset greeted us. I also liked they way they personalised our stay: the TV was showing a greeting addressed to my fiance, who booked it, and we appreciated the small snacks they laid out for us.

Like I said, the room was cramped, and the crown jewel of that tiny space was the toilet/bathroom. Although we two are engaged to be married, there are some things that we should allow privacy for, but unfortunately, the glass enclosures of the bathroom and the toilet just do not allow for that. True, they were frosted, but they are are translucent. Also, there's no way for one to have his/her towels ready after his/her shower, so we had to ask the other to hand it over once one is done with his/her shower.

Unfortunately, on my way to my house, I left several important documents that we need for our appointment! Due to my fault, we spent the good part of the night having to replace them, and fortunately, we did. I can only say that I am very lucky in having him as my fiance - instead of hemming and hawing (course, we blamed my lack of focus, and the blame was all mine T_T) he was cool-headed enough to focus on the solution of the problem. And so we went back to the hotel very tired, but we still needed to print out some forms that we needed.

The wake-up call was very prompt, as the very same people who helped us with the documents understood the importance of our appointment with the embassy, although we did spent some time having to wait for the room to be cleared for checking out, and waiting for our cab.

Before we checked out, we enjoyed the breakfast buffet at Makan Makan. For such an early hour, it was impressive that such an array of food was prepared.

If not for the bathroom, I'd surely ask my fiance to book us another stay here. For such an expensive rate, the room size certainly did not follow suit.

Room Tip: I'd suggest the bay-facing room. I really do not care for any creature (even if they're fish...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arlene W
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us. It is our goal to ensure the highest comfort and satisfaction for our guests. However, we regret to know that your experience with our hallway and bathroom design was not to your expectations. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have taken note of this issue as an area that requires improvement.

Lastly, We would like to thank you, for appreciating our bayview room and the wide array of buffet breakfast on Makan Makan Asian Food Village. It has been a pleasure to accommodate you in Hotel H2O despite the concern that you raised which we are taking constructively.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I asked for a airport pick up and no one showed up to pick me up.when i arrived at the hotel they still asked me ti pay 800 pesos eventhough nobody picked me up. I got the aqua room and my 1st impression is very small for the amount of money that i paid.fish tank is alright but i was dissapointed that i have a teeny tiny room. It was very hot in the hotel hallway. Plusthe safety is not that great. We always come back at 1am or around midnight and the guard is snoring like crazy in his post. Food is ok.

• Stayed March 2014
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review. We appreciate & truly value your comments as these help us to improve.

We have taken note of the concerns you raised and proper action is done right away to avoid similar incident in the future. We truly apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

We will continue to strive at improving our guest experience to exceed your expectations and we look forward to welcome you back in the future.
Boracay, Philippines
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Me and my family always stay in a Hotel with in the Theme Parks. we’ve been to Resorts World SG and stayed in Hard Rock Hotel and Festive Hotel, we’ve also been to Hong Kong and stayed both in Hollywood Hotel and Disneyland Hotel, it was always expected that they are very exceptional Hotels, with their services and facilities. So, when we stayed in Hotel H2O last Dec. 23-26, 2013, since its here in the Philippines, our expectations were very little. But we were really amazed when we experienced an international quality of service and the facilities were not far behind the previous Theme Park Hotels we’ve been. The staffs are very friendly and accommodating. They will really treat you as if your the “boss”. Thank you H2O Staffs for making our Christmas a really merry. God bless.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you appreciate everything about the hotel, from the facilities to the staff service and amenities.

Once again, thank you for your recommendation and we would love to have the pleasure of serving you again.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel is near nice or best Aquarium in Philippines. It cost about 300peso by taxi to most malls in area. I stayed in a Aquarium room you can see the fish swim all night or close curtain for more quite times.Shower was warm and inviting and room was clean and in order and the refgirator has refreshment that you can have and not pay for witch was very nice. The hotel main dine room was nice it was good food about a 7 out of ten for me but i am simple to please when comes to food so if i rate food bad it will not be fit to eat. Sorry off subject room good size and bed was comfortable check in is easy and you need to either have credit card or 2000peso for deposit. nothing disappeared from room and also nice electronic safe.. They also have fish pond for relaxing you can allow the fish to eat on your body and can releif stress from all the tickling they do but cover up vital spot some time can hurt. Only negative I can say was with the maid service they forgot to knock or even ring door bell and caght me in the act with my girl freind it was quite upsetting for her. I just excuse my self and cover her up and got up and close door in their face. I hope they learn to knock next time. Again it was nice hotel as long as their is no real big meeting going on because can be difficult to find ride if at hotel during very large function this is not hotel fault but location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank getright
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for informing us your concerns. These are vital for the hotel in order for us to improve. The hotel management took action on the shortcoming of our staff during your stay. We truly apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

We would like to assure you that what transpired is not the standard of our service, and that any transaction in the future will be handled professionally and efficiently.

Makan Makan Asian Food Village, our F and B outlet is known for its Asian Cuisine that most of our guest really loves. We regret to know that your experience with our Food and Beverage was not to your expectations. Rest assured that we will always look at improving the services we provide to our valued guests.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you once again in the future.
Santa Rosa, Laguna, Philippines
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last April 21, 2014. My 2 kids enjoyed the big aquarium inside the room. Service was excellent. The staff also helped my husband to arrange the room to surprise me on our wedding anniversary. special mention to JP, thank you very much. Also to the guy who arranged the flowers inside the room, just forgot your name but you know who you are, thank you too. We stayed at aqua suite. It has a receiving area with tv, t&b, office desk, and sofa. The bedroom which is separated from the receiving area by a glass sliding door, has one queensize bed, tv, toilet and separate shower & tub. The shower room though inside the bedroom smells like pee that I need to splash my shampoo several times and rinse it w/ water to remove the smell, that's why I gave 4 stars in overall, cleanliness and room. The buffet breakfast in makan makan was ok, nothing special. Few food choices. I forgot to mention, they gave us discount for an upgrade to aqua suite. We actually booked for a Club Aqua but there's no aquarium inside the room, only jelly tank which was nice but an aquarium would be more enjoyable for my kids that's why we asked if there were still other rooms available, luckily they gave us Aqua Suite for 13k+ w/ addtl mattress. Thank you H20 hotel for making our anniversary memorable.

• Stayed April 2014
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience during your stay at Hotel H2O .We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed and we hope to exceed that when you return. With regards to your comment on cleanliness of your room, we would like to assure you that what transpired is not standard of our service, we have acted on them accordingly to ensure future visits will be better handled. We truly apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

I have spoken with our F&B Manager, and discuss with him how we can improve the food on our buffet breakfast.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back to be of service to you once again in the near future.
Laguna
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel is located right behind Luneta Park and is in the Manila Ocean Park. Thus you will not run out of things to do. There is a mini mall right on location as well, so there are lots of food choices for paying customers, and lots of places to buy duty free goods, tiangge items, and souvenirs. If you take a walk around the complex, you get to see a refreshing view of the Manila Bay area.

Everything is typical of a 5-star hotel - which is a good thing. The service is great: we did not take more than 8 minutes to check-in, the staff greeted us everywhere we went, whenever we phoned command center - the action resolution was done in the soonest possible time. It was also a nice idea to personalize a message on the TV screen when you enter for the first time.

We reserved the Aqua Supreme room and we had an an aquarium for an entire wall next to the bed which extends even into the bath room. You can spend your time in the tub watching the fish go by or even lose some sleep as you hypnotically gaze at the fish while you relax on the bed. Not to worry though, you can easily drop the blinds if you get tired of the fishes.

Don't forget to put the blinds down before you sleep because they turn on the aquarium lights early in the morning and it might wake you up or surprise you.

The air-conditioning was not so cold when we first entered, but a quick call got it fixed.

The room is large, well-appointed and clean. If you aren't a couple, you may find issue with the fact that the bathroom does not have doors.

But ...

The pool changes into a bar at night,and is quite some distance from the hotel (it is located outside the hotel, less than 100 meters from the entrance). I am questioning the cleanliness of said pool if bits of food, alcohol, and possibly pee (alcohol is a diuretic) fall in during the night. This probably explains the strong chlorine mixture they use for it (it reeked from the people who came from the pool). To be fair, I did not dare try the pool because of this, and thus cannot judge the pool cleanliness first hand.

The restaurant (Makan-Makan) served decent Singaporean fare but had limited choices. We came in for lunch and breakfast, and they only had 5 main course viands on the buffet, 2 types of rice, some sides and some exclusives for breakfast (coffee, hot choco, congee, bread, etc). Bacon is per order basis from the egg station and is not served with the buffet.

All in all, a great stay. A bit overpriced considering the breakfast buffet and the questionable pool.

Room Tip: Try the Aqua Rooms for at least one night - it is what makes this hotel unique from all the others i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stressed_Art
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you appreciated everything about the hotel, from the rooms to the staff service and amenities

Thank you for giving inputs on the areas we can improve on. Rest assured that we will always look at improving the services we provide to our valued guests.

We look forward to be of service to you once again.
Cavite
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Not bring able to facilitate my family yearly Holy Week retreat due to some pre occupation with some important matters that would change my life forever, my wife decided to book us in yhis hotel in time to spend some sort of semblance of our yearly lenten bonding.
The hotel itself is great. We took the de luxe room with a view of the bay. The Aquarium rooms are fully booked so we got stuck with the room with a view. A view of how we killed the beauty of a once scenic and famous Manila Bay with all the trash floating around the bay.
The only saving grace about the view is the splendid sunset.
The staff is friendly and will always greet you with that famous filipino smile.
We ordered some cocktails and finger food at their cafe lounge but it took forever.
Parking is a bit tedious as you have a long hike going to the hotel lobby area.
Overall a great experience. Oh I forgot to tell you, this hotel is inside the Manila Ocean Park complex.... will review it after I submit this.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us.
Truly, our Bayview is where you can see and enjoy the beautiful sunset at Manila Bay. We are in cooperation with the local government authorities to help address the concerns about the cleanliness of the water by the bay.

Your concern regarding Café Lounge has been brought to the attention of our F and B Manager to ensure continuous improvement of our service.

It is nice to know that you noticed our friendly staff. Certainly we always ensure that ‘Filipino hospitality’ is also a culture that we let our guests experience.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.