“One of a kind hotel”
Review of Hotel H2O

Hotel H2O
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 7 August 2014

When I stayed here, I booked the room with the aquarium, the fishes are just so fun to look at and make my mind relaxed. The lighting of the room is also very nice. I like this hotel, but not very sure of its management. Maybe if they can give 5 star service it will be one of the best hotel.

The area is also nice. I never thought the manila bay area could be this romantic. I always thought that bay area is full of trash, foul smell and dangerous. However when I stayed in this hotel it gave me a different vibe, felt like I wasn't even in manila.

Hope they will continue to maintain the hotel and maybe I'll visit back again soon

Room Tip: Pick the aquarium room for a different feel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Your feedback about Hotel H2O is well appreciated!

We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of our team.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to being of service with you in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel H2O

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Overnight stay here last July 30-31, 2014 with my hubs & 2 y.o. son. Aqua Room (the basic aqua room)

What I like:
- Nice concept, the aquarium inside the room is awesome especially if you're staying with kids
- Friendly and accommodating staff
- Modern room facilities, everything is provided, big enough towels, hairdryer etc.
- Clean rooms
- Complimentary stuff: cookies, bottled water, sodas, chips etc.

What I don't like:
- Small room
- Dim lit room, no option to brighten the lights (hard to see your face when your doing your make up, ugh!)
- Walls are not soundproof? I think. We can hear people talking in hallways. It's not ok especially during the night.
- no bath tub
- no bidet

Overall, I don't hate this hotel. Will consider coming back. And also, I'd like to point out that staffs are very honest. When we checked out, we forgot our kid's stroller inside the room (under the counter table or whatever you call that table), good thing we were still at the parking area and about to leave, then I saw one of the staff running and approaching us. He informed us that we forgot the stroller, so we waited for a minute or two and he came back to return the stroller.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you appreciate everything about the hotel, from the room to the staff service, and amenities.

Thank you for giving inputs on the areas we can improve on. We will always look at improving the services we provide to our valued guests.

We would love to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked for a night stay last August 2, 2014 for I have read good reviews about Hotel H20 and I don't want to miss the experience especially the aqua room that most of the reviewers who have previously stayed were mentioning about. It really amazes us when we entered the room though the room was a bit small but the life size aquarium made up for it. The welcome chips and soda for two is good enough (anyways its free) so who would complain? One thing that I didn't like is the comfort room which has no privacy at all due to the transparent glass wall where all other occupant of the room will have a clear view of what you are doing inside the cr... OMG! Maybe the Management can do something to at least make it private for the individual using it. The breakfast buffet is good especially the champorado! This is the very first hotel that we stayed in that offered champorado in their buffet. Kudos! Overall, we had a nice stay in this hotel and we will definitely come back in one of the coming months.

Room Tip: choose the aqua room - really a wonderful experience to be looking at the fish while you are lying i...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to post a review. We have taken note of the items that you pointed out for us to address. We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our aqua room.
It has been a pleasure to accommodate you in Hotel H2O.

Your appreciation goes a long way and indeed became an inspiration. We look forward to be of service with you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had the beautiful view of the sunset in our room. In the morning, the bay view was spectacular. We find the place romantic. Food is awesome. Everything was great except for the pool. If you're going in, you will have to walk on your robe and pass through the lift & the main entrance of the hotel. But still, I recommend this for couples who would want to have a romantic staycation in Manila, minus the dip in the pool :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We greatly appreciate that you took time to share your experience during your stay at Hotel H2O.Thank you for appreciating the hotel guest room and the food as well. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of our team.

We have noted your concern about the pool. We would like to express our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Rest assured that we will always look at improving the services we provide to our valued guests.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I really love this hotel, its like you are on a ship. We book the aquarium room for 2 days. Its really great, but the swimming pool is kinda small and its located outside the hotel. I hope they will put jollibee coz i kinda love eating there. The toilet was nice but it only has one door so its kinda creepy when you book and sleep there with your friends. But i really love this hotel. Will surely book again someday after i try another hotel

Room Tip: Get the aqua room, its kinda relaxing looking the fish inside the room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chin Chin M

Thank you for taking time to share your experience during your stay at Hotel H2O.

It is such a delight to know that you had a good experience and particularly enjoyed the aqua room; it is one of the top features of our hotel.

We regret to know that you encountered some inconveniences with regards to the bathroom.

We would love to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked two nights only to find out that they would refuse my fiancee to arrive at the hotel before me. I contacted Carla at reservations and informed her that my flight did not reach manila until that night and my fiencee would arrive there earlier. I provided a copy of my passport and a statement that she was authorized to represent me. Carla, said it was hotel policy that who makes the reservation has to be the first to arrive or they would make my fiancee sit outside on the street with her bags until i arrived. Even though they would charge my credit card if i did not cancell 24 hours prior , Carla flatly refused to accommodate my needs and i had to cancel the reservation and book with a hotel that understands the needs of travelers with family in the philippines. I will not consider this hotel in the future due to their policy that endangers others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Richard H

We appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts and with us. What we aim for is the highest comfort and satisfaction of our guests.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you had during your reservation. We do allow check-in of the guest companion prior to the arrival of the registered guest when an authorization letter and valid ID is submitted. We are very sorry that you were badly informed by our staff. We assure you that this is not of our standard and that necessary actions have been taken to address the concern.

We hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times during my trips to Manila since 2012. Service level has always been inconsistent. Recently, I travelled with my wife and child and stayed for one night. Originally, I planned to stay for two nights if not for the cancelled flight due to the typhoon.

I called up a day prior to my arrival to confirm my reservation with a pre-paid voucher purchased some months ago through an online website. I was assured that my reservation has been “guaranteed” even though the hotel has not received payments through the online agent. During check-in at about noon, there were two front office personnel serving two customers who were ahead of me. I waited about 10 minutes before another customer cut my queue and demanded a check-out right away. Ms Sarah, who obviously knew that I was the next-in-line indicated that she would like to serve him first before me which I objected since it I should be dealt with first. I presented the hotel voucher and upon some verification, Ms Sarah demanded that I should pay for the room stay since they have not received the payments from the online agent. I reckoned it was not fair on my part since I dealt with the agent and any concerns the hotel had should be dealt with the agent concerned. Ms. Sarah requested me to wait for another 5-10 minutes while the hotel contact the agent to sort things out. I waited for a good 20 minutes before I approached Ms Sarah to follow up on the matter since she had not gotten back to me as promised, and I was hinted that I should continue waiting since “official check-in time is actually 2pm”. I requested to speak with the Manager. After another 10 minutes of waiting, Ms Arlene, Ms Sarah’s superior approached me and sang the same tune. I insisted that she should be professional about it and dealt with the agent instead of putting me at risk of making duplicate payments. I was made to wait for another 15 minutes while she verified with the travel agent before she finally offered us a welcome drink. Soon, another Ms Rochelle, the Reservations Manager showed up with Ms. Arlene to verify my credit card used for the payment with the agent. Professionally, the hotel should either honor my voucher or not honor my voucher instead of making me wait for 2 hour and a half before finally assigning me a room. In which case if they chose not to honor it, I would have left and contact the agent.

Upon entering the room, we noticed a horrible stench which gradually dissipated after the AC was turned on for 20 minutes. The room was poorly maintained with mould manifesting on the wash basin’s counter-top and edges in the bathroom floor. There were stains on almost all the towels in our room. We left the hotel and returned in the late evening, when my wife requested two bathrobes for the both of us. After waiting for more than half hour, we finally had to remind the front office again regarding our request. After waiting for another 15 minutes, the housekeeping staff finally arrived with two bath towels instead. We then called up again to remind the staff to send us what we needed and waited for another 10 minutes before the bathrobes arrived. My wife, who used to work at the supervisory level in a five- star hotel, was appalled when she discovered that one of the bathrobes were actually used and still damp even though it was folded impeccably. We notified the Front Office and complained about the matter. After about 10 minutes, a housekeeping staff delivered a clean bathrobe to our room. Not soon after, we received a call from the Front Office offering us a “late checkout” for the “inconvenience caused”, which we declined. In the wee hours of the morning at about 2 am, we were woken up by the stuffiness in the room as the compressor of the AC has ceased working. As a matter of fact, it has occurred several times before during our previous stays here as well. We waited till about 8 am in the morning when we notified the front desk to send a technician to inspect the problem. The technician arrived and said he would look into it. We went for breakfast. The breakfast was tasty with a good selection of Asian dishes. When we walked passed Ms Sarah at the front office desk on our return to the room after our breakfast; she saw us walked passed as though we were transparent but greeted another guest behind us. This was another clear display of unprofessional behavior and bad attitude of the front office staff. Finally, at our checking out at noon, the AC problem was still not fixed.

Even though the hotel still maintains its modern interior décor, it is poorly maintained with few amenities. The 50 meter swimming pool which we were once told it was closed due to renovation is now non-existing to make way for other attractions for the Ocean Park. In the evening, getting a taxi could be problematic unless you do not mind the stares of suspicious- looking homeless dwellers and beggars by walking along the mainly isolated, dimly-lit street leading out to the main road 15 minutes away.

I am not expecting that the staff to go the extra mile or exceed my expectations but at least act professionally with a smile. If you are easily impressed by the superficial interior décor and cannot be bothered by incompetent staff with poor service attitude and do not fancy any family-friendly outdoor pool activities, then you are sure to enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
13  Thank i_luv_mnl
H2O-Manila, General Manager at Hotel H2O, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Hotel H2O.

I would like to apologize for the disappointing experiences you had, one of which is the air-condition in your room that malfunctioned, Our Engineering Department ensures the regular check-up of the air-condition in our guestroom and we are very sorry that it was not able to function properly in during your stay.

We are committed in providing each guest with a memorable experience. However, it is with deep regret to learn that service in the reception did not meet your expectations. Please allow us to express our sincere apologies for the unbecoming attitude of the staff on duty. This is not the standard of our service, and have dealt with the concerned departments to ensure this is acted upon right away. Rest assured we are taking this constructively.

We have taken note of other concerns you raised and proper action is done right away to avoid similar incident in the future.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of better service to you in the near future.