Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
£69
Christinaz
Athens, Greece

A palace in Manila but breakfast needs improvement!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Jul 2020
We stayed at Rizal Park Hotel for 3 nights. Its location is ideal, next to the Rizal Park and the commercial area of Manila and is very near to Intramuros area (walking distance).
We really felt that we stayed in a palace, the hotel is new, luxury, with all the amenities and very polite staff. There is high security control in the entrance so you feel absolutely safe.
My suggestion concerns the breakfast. It needs improvement. There was no variety at the buffet and no quick refill. With better breakfast it could be the best hotel in the area.
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Peter Michael Quieng, Sales at Rizal Park Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 22 Feb 2021
Dear Christinazor,

Good Day!

Thank you very much for the Positive & honest review!

We would like to assure you that your concern about the buffet has been elevated to the proper department.

We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Thank you very much!

£151
  • travelup.com
1.8 miles from Rizal Park Hotel
View more hotels in Manila
All reviews army navy infinity pool restored historic modern comforts museo pambata rich history manila bay breakfast buffet wondering why junior suite food choices rooftop bar a wonderful stay lobby area rph facade wallpaper
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2020

Formerly the Army Navy Club in Manila circa 1940’s and has now been renovated to a statuesque hotel. My wife and I occupied a well appointed room facing Luneta. Our other classmates were luckier though since their rooms faced Manila Bay thus were able to view the famed Manila Bay sunset from their rooms.
Our reunion was celebrated in the hotel’s biggest function room and I must commend the waitstaff for a job well done. The food though was OK and could have been better.

1  Thank 66ib
Peter Michael Quieng, Sales at Rizal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2021

Dear I B,

Good Day!

Thank you very much for the positive review!

Your concern about the food has been elevated to the F&B department.

We hope to be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

The place is beautiful. But the service and policies are OFF. Need better training. Need to change policies for better customer experience.

1. Dinner on Feb 28 - they have beautiful menu list so excited to eat.
Burger - sorry not available.
Ceasar salad - sorry not available.
Pancit canton - its in the room fridge take out tasted so so.

2. Evening drinks Feb 28 - Hubby ordered double scotch. Then was told we dont know how to charge you we only sell by the bottle? Mccallan's by the bottle???!!! Who does that in a hotel, moreso a lobby in Luneta?
Of and sorry our system is down so we need to charge this to your room.

3. Breakfast Feb 29 - 1 buffet breakfast, 2 alacarte. Waitress approach to say you need to pay cash for breakfast. I stood up and asked we are booked here why the need for cash. She could not explain so I had to go to lobby desk to ask why I need to go up and get cash when I am checked in? Apparently, if room charges get close to deposit policy is pay cash. What??!!!! Is this a motel?

4. Breakfast Mar 1 - I brought my bag down in case I am told again that we need to pay breakfast. At this point we knew the breakfast buffet has stale bread and tough ham meat. 2 of us had ala carte my hubby decided to give the buffet a try.... again the ham meat is tough. He never learns. Meanwhile the beef tapa is as good as yesterday's bangus belly

5. Billout Mar 1 - guy asked if they can just cancel previous on hold and have new transaction on my credit card. I asked why he said it can be done. I said no I am asking you why do you need to do that. He said ok we can have a new transaction for the balance from initial hold. I said you are not listening to me I asked why do you want to reverse previous on hold amount and do a new transaction - what does that mean to me as your customer. He had no reply. So I pushed. Do you know how many days it takes for bank reversal? .... he did not but just said they were told it can be done. I wanted to say my piece but decided to ask do you have a training manager here? He said our manager trains us.

So there it is. I am personally saddened that a nice hotel with really nice staff who are solicitous - suffer from inefficient policies and lack of training. This hotel can be much more than the others around it. It has history, beautiful view of the ocean, manila bay sunset, proximity to Rizal Park....all lost due to bad policies, lack of training leading to bad customer experience. SAYANG.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank bel3ms
PQuieng, Director of Sales & Marketing at Rizal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Dear bel3ms,

On behalf of the management, please accept my apologies for your unfortunate experience. this will be cascaded to our F&B head for clarification.

If you wish to share more concerns, please send me an email through pquieng@rizalparkhotelmanila.com

Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

Really enjoyed our few days here. Rooms are good with good beds and linen. Breakfast buffet very comprehensive. Great location, right in the bay and beside Rizal Park, walking distance to Intramuros and museums. But the best bit was the rooftop infinity pool with amazing views acrossthe bay. Wow.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bernadine S
Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

I have high hopes with this hotel bcoz they rcvd a pres award. I decided.to have a quick bite while waiting for lunch buffet sched. But their service did not meet my expectation! They served cold/warm instead of hot tea, it was 3x in a row. They even forget my other order. Calling hotel staff for at least 5x for complain is already a red flag, that is why i decided not to try out their buffet!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Asiantraveler05,

We would like to apologize for your experience.

This will be cascaded to our F&B head for rectifications

Reviewed 26 January 2020

Rizal Park hotel is beautifully restored. I love the interior and exterior design of the building,it is a combination of ancient and modern architecture.The rooms are huge , the floor is shining and clean, the bathroom is spacious too. As we enter at the hotel, we were welcomed with a smiles of the staff and the receptionist at the lobby were all friendly and accommodating. The best part is the location of the hotel, it is very close to the different parks, museum and malls, you can have a morning walk along the bay, step away from the hotel. It was a a 2 days stay and we were satisfied.Surely We will be back,very soon.

Date of stay: January 2020

Dear Chie2014,

thank you for your nice review! we will use this as a guide to further improve on what where we are doing well

hope to have you here again soon!