“NICE PLACE!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Manila
“NICE PLACE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Honestly, my hubby and I really love this hotel! We already stayed here for two times already and will go back again whenever we want to relax/chill.. their buffet breakfast was superb! But I don't think they have different menu everyday because the breakfast that we had the 1st time that we stayed here last July 2011, was still the exact breakfast served last Feb 2012 (our 2nd time) haha... the standard room is nice but quite small so we tried the superior room which is obviously bigger than the standard but looks exactly the same..and yes, the rooms are really affordable! i already recommended this to my friends and now will recommend it to everyone :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Eli B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We arrived on an early flight from KL, reaching the hotel about 545am. It was far too early for us to check in but the staff directed us to a hotel round the corner where we could get a few hours sleep before returning.

Upon returning we were shown to a room at the back of the hotel, but it had no window so we requested a change which was done quickly and without fuss. The replacement room overlooked the street but was pretty quiet.

The location is excellent - in the older (& rougher) part of town it is a world away from the flashy Makati, but has a lot more character. Within easy walking of Robinsons Mall, Paco Park and Pedro Gil LRT station.

Breakfast was very good for a buffet type and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, whilst seeming to be genuiinely happy to attend to us. We looked forward to our leisurely breakfast each morning on their roof terrace (it is also a nice place to go early evening for a beer!).

We stayed for 4 nights and very much enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mapmanish
Guisborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I first visited & reviewed this hotel 3.5 years ago and must say that I still think this is one of the best budget hotels in Manila. The front office staff are excellent nothing too much trouble always going that extra mile to help out. Security, restaurant and household staff are also very good. The hotel is spotlessly clean, very good water pressure and always hot which is a big plus. The buffet breakfast on my last visit wasn't very good at all but NOW the management have turned that round and it is one of the best I have had. I stayed in a Superior room and at approx. £35 per night very very good value. Some rooms do not have any windows but that didn't worry me at all. The position of the hotel is very good, within 3 minute walk to a big mall, Robinson Place, and near to the nightlife of Malate. I will definitely be staying here again on any future visits and once again recommending it to friends.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank YBrian73
NelBzh, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

This was my second stay in Manilla and I can say that I was not expecting much as per my previous experience but I have to say that the staff was very professional, polite, helpful, smiling. I couldn't asked for more. I had a problem with my booking and the receptionist put so much effort in finding a room for me, letting me know the progress of her calls. Room was not too big but ok for one person, clean with all sorts of amenities.
Breakfast was a nice buffet with variations of Asian Buffet and continental food to please everyone. From the breakfast room you also get a little view of the surroundings. Location is not too bad : closed to the Robinson Mall where you have lots of cafes and restaurant and halfway between the Roxas Boulevard and the Taft avenue ( useful for the train). I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank NelBzh
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

Seriously for the price this place is excellent. You have to put everything into context and at this price it is 5 out of 5. Firstly, the staff are really friendly, polite and helpful. The rooms are everything you would expect from a cheaper hotel, but it is clean and comfortable. The breakfast is amazing for the price,unlimited food!! Buffet style, choice of Filipino or western, eat as much as you want and a free paper!! Location is also very good, close to Robinsons Mall and plenty of places to eat and drink nearby. Will stay there next time I am in Manila.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank grumpyoldpom
Maui
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

Hard for taxi to find. Once here, clean, simple, spartan. Good wifi , nice firm bed, good AC, nice tiny bathroom. Only reason I am reviewing is people who work here are unusually nice and full service. Broke my suitcase and maint guy took away to try and fix. Even if it does not last the effort was 100%

• Stayed November 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank hohumMaui
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

The staff is incredibly service focused, the rooms are clean and comfortable - we had a great stay. You can tell they fill the rooms, so there is a bit of a line sometimes at the front desk, and although we arrived early, we could not get our room until 2pm, which is understandable. The staff are efficient and very helpful with requests. Any request from the room is met within minutes with staff hurrying up to respond. The location is convenient - about a 10 minute walk from the light rail station Pedro Gil. Breakfast was competent and served on the 5th floor terrace, which is comfortable, and they bring you a paper to read while eating. The only possible negative is that you can hear some noise from cars below if you stay on the 4th floor, but we slept great, so didn't really affect us. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends