“Needs everything new”
Review of Hotel 2016 Manila

Hotel 2016 Manila
Ranked #47 of 111 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure where the room in the picture is but it's not this hotel. The staff very nice to me. The locks on the door any child could enter. No safe, bed horrible. Tv 1970s air conditioning wall unit broke pushing out hot air. Yeah it was s mess. My business partner set this up last second. They need full start from scratch on this. In the bright side or was very affordable

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank Robert C

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place to stay (possibly a room with a jacuzzi) near the World Trade Center Manila and I read good reviews in a forum about this place. The place is easy to find, just in the vicinity of the Aristocrat Resto along Roxas Blvd. I checked in at 130pm with my partner and we asked a room with a jacuzzi for 24 hrs. Room rate with jacuzzi is for 3300pesos. The room was very nice, super clean and spacious. Of course the jacuzzi was awesome. Some amenities that you can find in the room: hair dryer, toiletries, soap, bubblebath soap for the jacuzzi, minifridge and.. condoms, lubricant and feminine wash (hehehe).
The room was modern, lights below the bed..very cozy ambiance! Definitely a perfect room for couples. It also includes free breakfast for two for 24 hours stay, continental breakfast is also available but also rice meals (I ordered katsudon and iced tea). Bringing food inside the room is allowed, there's a Chowking nearby and Ministop for your convenience. Rates for 12 hrs for regular room is 1,300 and for the newly renovated ones for only 1,500. I will definitely come back at this hotel :)

• Stayed: September 2013
39  Thank Rica T
Reviewed 3 June 2013

No discount to price on their internet site, surprisingly far from Robinsons Mall on Padre Faura in Ermita, definitely not within walking distance. Baywalk area was closed about ten years ago and is not a reason to stay at this hotel now.Hotel Soriente better overal choice in same price range. Somewhat isolated.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mishmash1141
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a few days. When i was searching for somewhere to stay in Manila I came across this hotel the pictures of the rooms on their website looks like a palace inside but its not like that at all. The rooms are really terrible and COCKROACHES in the showers am telling you the truth.The beds are made out of rocks, the staff are so unfriendly they just seem a bit simple like really thick. I would never recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. I know you get what you pay for but I am this is false advertising. Please believe me i am telling the truth. Its a terrible play to stay even for one night.

Room Tip: Plenty of other places to stay in Manila. But not Sohotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
16  Thank Nina a
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Just about 20$/night and I got a freebreakfast
Very nice room though a bit small
I got a free pineapple glass of juice in room as a welcome greeting after checking in.
Order dinner at 0 am is available.
Securegards make me feel safe in the hotel's neighbourhood
Though I cost 100php to borrow an adapter for the electric socket

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mèo P
Reviewed 24 February 2013

tayed here with my fiance a couple of days ago. It was our first time to stay in Sohotel. We were looking for a hotel with jacuzzi, and after I made some researches in the Internet I found Sohotel, and so far I read good reviews about it. We chose this hotel and made a reservation through their online booking. When we arrived there, they readily accepted the confirmation and we were able to get a room that we have requested. Staff are courteous. The room was nice, clean, and no frills whatsoever. It has a big tv, a minibar, hairdryer, a king-sized bed (very comfortable), and of course jacuzzi. The staff gave us a welcome drink, and since we are to stay for 24 hrs, there's also complimentary breakfast. I love the breakfast they served us! Overall, it was a very good experience. Will certainly be back in Sohotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Milena N
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Booked via Agoda at $34/night, a hostel bed price in many parts of the world; and I thought it was a bargain especially that it actually includes breakfast (of sort, which, you might still enjoy!).

Not seen a single bug/insect during my stay and for that part of Manila this is already an accomplishment. If you do not mind no frills rooms with no view to speak of --but rooms are quite large with attached bathroom and have a little window that you can open--, and you're on a LIMITED BUDGET, then you will find this safe hotel adequate. Soundproofing is reasonable (but my room was on the upper floor) and had no issue with the bed (no backache in the morning, whatsoever). Staff is approachable and quite responsive.

Restaurant Tip: There are plenty of restaurants, some open 24 hours, in the vicinity
Location Tip: Across Roxas Boulevard from the famed Manila Bay

Room Tip: For this type of hotel, I always opt for the upper floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo