“Hotel allows partying inside the room???”

Fersal Hotel - Manila
Ranked #98 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had a bad experience with this hotel mid of last year. It has not been a pleasant experience. I was travelling with family. With my 2 kids. Stay was almost good. Not until, one of the nights we stayed there, a commotion outside our door happened. I tried to peak and I saw a bunch of people outside and they were fighting. To my horror, it seems they were attacking a girl who seems to be crying. I called the front desk to report it and someone came. Though, the people who were fighting pretended that everything was okay already. Then, as soon as the hotel people disappeared they started shouting at each other again. What's odd to me was that they were more than 10 people at that time. And they are just staying in one room. They seem to be drunk as well. How come the hotel allow these things. It gives me the impression that this hotel is with low quality. The management should be reminded that it is a hotel, it is not a party club... My kids are young and I hate seeing them being exposed to an environment as such. That night my youngest was crying coz he was scared that the people outside will be coming inside our room and attack us as well. I tried to explain it to him but it seems he was traumatized with the shouting and the commotions that was happening just outside out room. We've stayed at your hotel several times already. But that was the last time I stayed there. I always travel with my family and I don't want them to experience that, with this hotel again. Though I will consider it, just in case I need to travel alone in this area. Not good for family. I used to love this hotel though.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank God_is_good_29
Berna C, General Manager at Fersal Hotel - Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

The incident happened last June 2013, we appreciate and are grateful for your review madam, the hotel does NOT allow partying in the room . Based on our records there were 2 families billeted in several rooms that time and had a heated argument along the hallway. Thus, creating the noise that may have been like a party to other guests. The Hotel Supervisor advised the families to tone down and consider the other already resting guests in other rooms. We apologize for any exasperation this may have caused your family and rest assured that we value your comfort and safety. We have implemented additional guidelines that the hotel will call the other affected rooms/ guests to explain any similar incident and make sure that they have peace of mind if similar incidences occur which is beyond our control.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Good for those who are coming from the provinces and need to stay to a place where you want to have a direct access to schools/universities around Manila (e.g. UST, St Jude, Perpetual etc).

There is also a nearby Mall (SM Tayuman) just one tricycle away, if you want to buy some stuff during your stay in the hotel.

The problem though is the parking space, it is very limited to few cars.

Room Tip: better to pick a good parking space so that the security guard will not be calling you if there is s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jinjax J
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed here last Jan and March of 2014.
Excellent and worth the money stay! We arrived there at 6AM and that's the start of my check in time(stay is good for 24hrs).

The complimentary breakfast for 2 was another plus! and a complimentary bottle of water in the room.

The rooms might be small with small space left to put your luggage but not a big deal as you won't be staying in the hotel most of the day anyway. A/C was working good. Nice new TV and lots of power outlets. AND YES, WIFI WAS FAST.

Bathrooms were clean, and comes with 2 pouches complete with 2 sets of toiletries (toothbrush/toothpaste, shampoo and soap). And yes, it comes with disposable slippers.. BIG DEAL TO ME.

Location is great as it was close to the bust stations going to the north (FARINAS TRANS, MARIA DE LEON). And close to PRC and the university belt. I had to go to RAON to buy a midivideoke, and to BAMBANG for scrub suits so the location was perfect for me.

And yes, the staff were very helpful. The staffs were very willing to call the bus stations for trip schedule and the guard was awesome when he called a taxi for me to bring me to the airport. And yes, the driver did not OVERCHARGE nor ask any additional charge while still on board. He even was so kind to get me a cart to put my luggage on. I was so glad to give a little tip to the hotel staff that helped and yes to the driver too.

All and all, THE STAY AT FERSAL INN ANDALUCIA WAS GREAT. KUDOS TO THE STAFF.
I WOULD DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN when I come home and also recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank missgala
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Location bad no place to eat or see outside. The room is very small. Front desk chargred me 1 day extra and will not refund me. It was supposed to be a security deposit. Its a bad system that deceive people in paying extra day. I hate it!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Jojo B
Kim M, Operations Support Officer at Fersal Hotel - Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Sir:

I have spoken to the persons involved on the incident happened to you. Upon checking, payment via credit card cannot be converted to cash nor be refunded due to bank and hotel policy. As per Hotel Manager, they have issued a certificate which you can use for offsetting of 1 night not later than 3 months or 90 days.

My apology for the inconvenience it caused you Sir. Rest assured that we will refresh our Guest Relations team to reiterate clearly to the guest if same case happen to them.

Should you wish to use your another night of stay, I will be the one who will assist you. You may reach me at 9122691.

Thank you and God Bless!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The location of this hotel is really very central and practical if you have to be in the Quiapo district or near the University of Santo Tomas. The rooms are generally clean and well equipped. Wifi is working in the room, there is a modern flatscreen television, aircon and even a small fridge. It must be said that the floor surface of the room is minima. There is just a little floorspace left around the bed to walk or put any luggage. The bathroom is tiny as well and had a bit a smell of damp.
Disappointing I found the plated breakfast. It was really too basic, although the list, description and regular prices make it seem like quite something it is more like a snack. I have to add though it is complimentary and the room rates are not extremely high, considering the location.
Another thing was the service orientation of the staff / reservation personnell. I found it very complicating to get through to the right people when there was a problem and there was a general lack of customer orientation and taking responsibility for problems that were also their own. At the time I had a reservation in this hotel, there was a flooding in the area and the hotel could not be reached. The hotel was not willing to cancel my reservation as the booking was already paid in advance. Henceforth I was forced to still stay in the hotel on another date, when the area was passable again. Although I could be flexible in my schedule and plan a few other days in the area, I found there was a lack of customer orientation in the way the problem was dealt with. This has led me to a final judgement of just average, although most of the lower staff is friendly and this hotel also has a lot of good things.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank James R
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We've stayed at this hotel many times during weekends since my relatives are few blocks away. Very relaxing,friendly staff and good breakfast.The service here in terms of location, cleanliness and price! is very good.The hotel also allows food and beverages that are bought outside. This is not your average hotel,would definitely go back.:)))

Room Tip: If you want bigger space for a suite,ask for room 204.:)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robin D
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel is in the poorer area of Manila but convenient to UST and hospitals. It's budget priced and very friendly. The family room is large, clean, and well appointed. The staff are friendly and efficient, the breakfast is good and it has a free car park. We didn't need anything more and had a great stay thanks to the hotel staff who made us welcome. Thank you. I would love to come again.

Room Tip: We were three and upgraded to the family room which was more than adequate and over looked the road...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank rbuckell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manila
Quiapo
Malate
Casa Nicarosa Hotel
Casa Nicarosa Hotel
#81 of 110 in Manila

Been to Fersal Hotel - Manila? Share your experiences!