“creative, great-tasting comfort food”
Review of Mangan Restaurant

Mangan Restaurant
Ranked #706 of 1,010 Restaurants in Manila
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Mangan serves great-tasting comfort food with a creative twist. The items on the menu seem humble and unappetizing, but when the food arrives you can tell that they have been prepared with care. The arroz caldo was rich and flavorful, resonating with chicken flavor that did not come from a bouillion cube. The tofu sisig was surprisingly good, with each tiny cube of tofu infused with flavor. The drinks were too sweet, though, such as the iced tea and sago at gulaman. Maybe they should serve these with a separate pitcher of syrup so patrons can adjust the sweetness to their liking.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

we had kare kare, it was really good. the ox tail pieces were very tender and the peanut sauce was just how I liked it. we had salmon belly in sinigang miso - it was also very good. the only thing is that the salmon belly was in small strips - not enough to share. the bibingka was also good!
the halohalo was great. yummy!
will go this restaurant again

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I was looking for something to eat which is not pork since It is holy week. So I saw Mangan at Robinsons Galleria which offers a wide variety of Filipino dishes. Supposedly I’ll order sinigang na bangus but I know the serving is good for sharing since I’m alone I asked for a platter meal. Good thing they have. but its limited only to 4 choices. So I picked Tinapang bangus since I’m looking for a fish to eat. Staff here are nice. They always wear their mile. I really dont expect something special out of tinapa. So I was not disappointed. Its just the usual taste of tinapa that you can have when you cook it by your own. but you will find it expensive, P198 for tinapa. The serving of rice was just enough so I did not order for an extra rice. Tinapa was served with small amounts of itlog na pula, petchay, kamatis and atchara on its side. I love the taste of atchara. I will surely order extra next time. I know that The store have lots to offer its just that I’m alone and cant pick foods that I really want to eat. Ambiance was ok. Old old slow love songs are playing at the background. lolo’s and lola’s are usually the people you will see dining in. I also loved their Ripe Mango juice. not bad for P80. They dont have service charge which is good. Over all, I’m excited to go back to taste other dishes. Looking forward to invite my family and friends

1  Thank Travelosyo
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

It was my first time here. Good food. Great service. Not that expensive. I love their tofu sisig:) I can go and eat there again.

1  Thank GreatGatsbyStory
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Beware of dining in this restaurant.
We dined here last December 18, 2012; the meal was ok, nothing spectacular.

After the meal, we requested for Bill Out, as normal the waiter handed the bill to us. I initially gave my Singapore Credit Card , but the waiter asks for an ID with Picture and signature. According to them, there this is standard to verify the signature against fraud.

So, we use instead the credit card of my mother, since she has her Senior Citizen ID.

The following week, we were surprise that the card of my Mom, got fraud charges = 16K Php for Gas station, 6K Php - for Lechon, 20K Php from a Night Club at Pasay.

Then we traced back, the last valid charge in my Mom's card was from this restaurant, prior to those above mentioned fraud charges.

The case is currently investigation of the Bank. Although, it is not yet confirmed that the perpetrator is this restaurant, it is but proper for me to warn everyone who intends to dine here (or to any other restaurants for that matter), to make sure to go to the cashier's desk yourself when paying ccard, or better use cash.

2  Thank Olegna81