“we are regular customers here!”

Golden Fortune Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #311 of 1,015 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 25 October 2012

this place is just beside where we work, although it may be just another Chinese seafood restaurant, it cooks the BEST 'steam suahe' in the country, I mean it!, my wife and I have eaten in a lot of Chinese restaurants already, but definitely the 'steam suahe' is a MUST in every visit. Of course, they also have a variety of dishes in their menu.

1  Thank gendot

Reviewed 20 June 2012

I've tried this restaurant for like 8 times already and they never failed to deliver. Every ingredient is fresh and their service is great. But one might have to call beforehand especially on Saturday and Sunday nights because they tend to be packed with people. I love their dessert, I think it was like yam with tapioca balls and I don't know how they cooked it but it was delicious! I also liked their crocodile meat stew, the meat was so soft and tasty, it was like chicken meat. I also recommend their sauteed vegetables. Their seafood is also fresh. The decor is also richly decorated with red and gold as their main theme. If you're not sure of what to get in the restaurant, the waiters/waitress will be happy to assist you.

1  Thank Annie S
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Went here yesterday 1.22.2012
1st was parking, its really hard to find parking places in this part of Manila, lucky enough we did, specially since it was almost Chinese New Year.

Anyways, regarding this resto. All the staff were well trained, they are fast and attentive in what you need, since there were many customers I applaud them for delivering the food fast. I was expecting to wait after we ordered the food but I think after a couple of minutes they where already setting up food in our table, I even told my mom that the table might be too small for the five of us because I was not expecting big servings in this resto, and they over heard the conversation, they wanted to transfer to a bigger table unfortunately all the tables were already taken... And they really want to make it happen. We said its okay so what happened was like a first class resto they waited for us to finish with our soups first even though they are ready to serve our main dish, we ordered lechon and tofu and noodles, and they were all pretty good for our taste, which I know varies from people to people. We really wanted to try Peking Duck that day, but we were told that they were already out of stock early in the morning. I guess that goes to show how delicious their food were. The tofu we ordered was really good, and the other viand as well, my dad tried a baked dish which I forgot but he cant eat meat so that might have seafood on it, he said it was really good. Another thing to comment in this restaurant is they are very affordable given their service and the taste of the food they serve. I wish all restaurants here are like them, good food, good staff and fair price.

I would recommend this for everyone, There are lot of food to choose from, meat, pasta, noodles, soups,so I believe anyone will enjoy. We only ordered simple dishes because we werent really too hungry. But we actually ended well fed, my brother order two extra rice and we cant even finish them off because the serving they had is really enough for all of us.

we will be back for sure!

1  Thank galaako
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This restaurant has been a staple for association meetings, celebrations, and simple our family dinners.

They often have a lot of special promos and discounts like their near-half price for dimsum starting 9pm. This restaurant serves Chinese food, dimsum, and even hot pot (shabu-shabu). We are vegetarian at least twice a month and this restaurant offers a wide array of vegetarian foods making sure we have a lot to choose from yet leaving us wanting for more.

They also serve special kind of dishes such as ostrich meat, crocodile meat, frog legs, rabbit stew, among others.

Tastes of each person vary, so it is up to you to try their dishes. Try them all one at a time, I'm sure you will enjoy your experience.

Don't forget to ask for a dessert after every meal - it's FREE! One for each person, even kids.

Also, if you 't use the moist towels (paper napkin) being distributed, return them in the first place, else be charged.

4  Thank cookingmasterboy
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Golden Fortune is well established and has another branch ihn Binondo but whereas parking is difficult there, it is no problem in Kalaw.

The menu offers a good range of food from rice toppings to choosing your own fish from one of the many fishtanks on the wall.

Shabu-shabu is a good choice to make but if you are in a hurry or eating on a budgetm then ask for the rice toppings menu.

Service is very good and there are a number of private rooms that can be reserved.

Undoubtedly, one of the best restaurants in Manila.

2  Thank FSRP01