“ROYALE SHARKFIN AND SEAFOOD RESTAURANT (formerly Golden Fortune)”

Golden Fortune Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #322 of 999 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Had merienda with my daughter yesterday at this restaurant. Its just a 5 minute walk from Binondo Church, almost halfway to the Old Savory house...The food was very tasty...sharksfin (awesome taste), mantao (fried bread with condensed milk for dipping), pork siomai (delicioso!), chicken siopao (soo hot and yummy), steamed shrimp rice balls (unique and superb). They were all cooked to perfection and freshly served from the kitchen....they are on an all day 50% off for their dumplings (steamed and fried) and some other food till March 2014...Try their food if you're in the Binondo area.

3  Thank vangie_44s
There are newer reviews for Golden Fortune Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed 9 February 2014

First time to eat here last month during Chinese New Year. To think that it's a busy night, and we didnt have any reservations, the servers were very attentive to our table.

Food is affordable, i love the noodles and dimsums!

Returned again for 2nd time, and experienced the same service and food quality!

2  Thank ThrowbackTravels
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Food here is decent but you easily notice it's not as truthful and genuine with ingredients being used. Affordable and an easy go to place for a light snack but don't expect to get top notch Hong Kong quality Chinese food here.

4  Thank Marc N
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I chose golden fortune to be our wedding reception. But they failed me. First, they did not carefully followed my instruction like choosing the correct motif of table skirting to be used. Second, they immediately served the foods and tore our wedding programs! That's why when me and my groom entered in the hall all the party poppers fall on the foods as the food should not be served as the very first part of the program. Third, there is no even 1 waiter standing by there for the party. I really do know that we're not their first client celebrating the wedding there as we saw a wedding celebration there in our first visit. Last, you should double check very well your bill as they even added the sounds rent and photobooth corkage to the 10% service charge. I asked them to correct it!

3  Thank Faithcataquian
Reviewed 28 May 2013

DINE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Good Food, great discount during their promo from 2-5pm or 6-9pm on their dimsum. BUT BEWARE, here's the Catch. They let you wait for at least 45 minutes before the dimsum comes out becomes they only steam as you order. Their servers and table managers are worse than people serving in carinderia! They don't care whether you are served or not. Never experienced such indifferent crew in 30 years! And there were a lot of them! I complained about a beancurd roll dimsum not coming out after an hour, to about 4 waiters and 3 table managers! Guess what? After almost 2 hours, they never made the dish came out. I already noticed they served it to another table. Since I really wanted to have that Beancurd roll, I let it pass and told the manager I'm waiting for the dish. He said sorry there was a mixup and that it was being steamed. Almost another 45 minutes passed, and after checking with the same manager and 2 other managers, only to be told that they served it to somebody else. And that if I want, they can steam another one! [--]! I was already cursing loudly and still nobody bothered to appease you. Instead, they went to the other table where the dish was served and asking the customers to pay for that dish that they forgot to bill. The Nerve of these guys. I loudly told the other table these guys made the mistake, they shouldn't be the ones to pay for it. Still nobody came out to even apologize. I didn't even know which one of them was the Restaurant Manager. When I paid the bill, the guy who gave me my change even asked sarcastically if I would like an almond jelly, [--] Y*U!!! GO TO H*LL! If not for the food, the rating here would be a big FAT EGG - ZERO!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank DRAGON2003