“Authentic!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

They have recently reopened the ground floor after a couple of months worth of renovating.
I have been coming here for years! And Im still ordering the same thing!
They go on half-the-price at 9pm till closing (12mn).
I dont recommend the lobster balls because they can get too fishy in taste, especially in soups.
Their congee is really good and BIG!
Dimsums are great!
I like their spring rolls too!

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Dimsum at 50% discount from 2pm to 5pm, 9pm onwards. I love their Beef Ball and Siomai. Their Chicken Feet is also good. The only set back is their service is very slow. They will only steam the dimsum when you order so it takes around 30 minutes. But the food was worth the wait. Hopefully they can improve on this process.

1  Thank Dennies S
Reviewed 1 December 2016

we were 12 adults in all.Sunday lunch. Ordered ala carte halabos na suahe as appetizer and steamed lapulapu - straight from aquarium - as entree, plus rice, soup, bday noodles, minced pork with lettuce, squid in salt n chili, beef with ampalaya ( found this a little salty for my taste). All except the ampalaya dish was superb. for dessert, we had butse which was yummy; the almond gelatin tho was not as bouncy as expected. Staff were very helpful too in choosing the right food orders and timing them so that food was served at the time we chose. Resto is clean and has enough convenient parking space.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

We were famished after a long morning of meetings and discussions and we were glad to learn that reservations for lunch were made at Golden Fortune Seafood Restaurant, Kalaw Branch.

I was not really expecting the very tasty food that was served for lunch. We enjoyed every bit served. Ask the waiters, PRACTICALLY NO LEFT OVERS even if we were already bursting at the seams! Oh, sorry but i think waiters were also great, but dint notice them much as i was focused on my food...

Will definitely be back for more! Try it you must!

1  Thank orli b
Reviewed 6 April 2016

I was scheduled to go to the Philippine National Library to review some theses that were available that I have decided to search for a restaurant nearby that serves affordable and cheap vegetable dishes. So when I saw Golden Fortune Restaurant, I was enticed what Fried Cabbage Cake tastes like so I read the reviews.

There are lot of negative comments on this establishment as I have browsed them, but it did not discourage me to taste that cabbage cake since I only have an hour for my lunch break.

As I arrived, a waiter approached me and gave me the menu, and I asked about the background of the cabbage cake, and he explained it thoroughly that it consists of cabbage, and squid bits covered in a flour batter. I ordered it and a serving of chinese fried rice.

The fried rice (I think it is good for 2 people, kinda lesser quantity as compared to its price) is fine, but the cabbage cake tastes like heaven for me! I liked its consistency and smoothness in my mouth. It is also not that salty, and it just tastes perfectly well. However, it is quite expensive for me I cannot take another order of it.

Customer service was great, they all granted my simple requests on time, but maybe because there are only few customers at that particular moment.

Overall, I had a great experience in such an unexpected way.