Manila Grand Opera Hotel
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
All reviewsswimming poollrt stationdonut shopcomplimentary shuttlelounge singerchinese cuisinecasino hotellucky chinadirect accessrice cakeample spacerooms are decentsmall windowexhaust fanchicken adobopremier roomstar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I believe that grandeur was not in the minds of the owners when they built this hotel. You will not find grandness in any of its facilities. They just took the words GRAND (and OPERA) in the hotel's name which was the name of the historical opera house that formerly stood there. Most rooms have no windows but the curtains made it look like you have one. The room interior is okay and clean but the hallways are so narrow (I didn't like it). The breakfast buffet is also okay but nothing worth remembering. I enjoyed the swimming pool though. The hotel's location is primarily for shopping I think because it is near (one jeepney ride, walking distance to me) Divisoria. SM Manila (2 LRT stations away) and Robinsons Ermita (4 LRT stations away) are also near!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Em L
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed one night with my teenage son. It was our first night in the Philippines. We just needed a place to stay at, after arriving in Manila before we headed north to Banaue. I booked the hotel online and choose the location because it was close to the bus terminal in Sampaloc. I booked two nights online even though we just stayed one because we were getting on a night bus, but when we got there they actually offers 12 hours rooms for half the price. The hotel is located near a train station and we saw many homeless and begging people sleeping in the street. It was a rough area. We did not fell safe walking the street, so we pretty much stayed at the hotel until we left. The hotel felt very safe, and was a big contrast to the street, there was security guides at the entrance, and it felt like walking into another world. The room was without a window which I knew, and it felt okay.
The hotel has a very nice pool which is open 24/7, which two jetlaged travelers as us appreciated very much.
The staff was very nice and helpful.
Breakfast as average as most places, but served in a very nice restaurant.
The hotel and staff was very nice but I don't know if I would stay again because of the location.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Helle L
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stay for 2 nights on a room for 2, with 1 double/twin bed. 2 walls were made of wood, I could hear the sounds and telivision of the other rooms. Didnt like the main color of my room, red and black and white, red is so heavy color. Staff are slow to respond, I requested for info, I had to follow up twice, nurse of hotel offered to go to room to get blood pressure of my mom but did not do it. I ask FO to follow, no reply, I gave up.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jimsy Y
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Here's my detailed review of this hotel:

My bf and I likes to have staycations because we don't have time for longer vacations since we're always busy. This last April and May, we had our staycation at Manila Grand Opera Hotel. The place was quite nice and I really had a relaxing time during our stay. It was also affordable too, they also have a swimming pool, karaoke bar and a casino. The main reason why we decided to stay there was the pool. It was summer and all I wanted to do was swim. We've stayed there twice and we booked a Premier Room for both those times. Our first stay was April (I forgot the date) and we paid Php2,500 for the room, we stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights. P2,500 was really affordable considering the buffet breakfast and all the other inclusions. As I said, I really liked the place. I DO HAVE SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. Please read my blog post for a detailed review.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank HannyTalon
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for couple nights. Front desk are easy to approach, friendly, and kind. Facility is clean and neat also easy to find the place however lack of amenities, out dated room, and overall satisfactory 7 out 10.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family