“Greenwich Pizza in the Philippines...who would've thought?!?”

Greenwich - SM San Lazaro
Ranked #599 of 961 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
TORONTO, ONTARIO
“Greenwich Pizza in the Philippines...who would've thought?!?”
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

If it weren't for my aunt who told me it was her favourite, I never would have cared to try it. Having been born and raised in Canada, I was skeptical to try this joint. Upon visiting the mall with my aunt, she was more than eager to go here for lunch.

We ordered the lasagne and a "double sized" Ultimate pizza (as we know that portions can be small).

The lasagne and first, and was I ever surprised. Filipino meat dishes can be very sweet to a North American palette. And as sweet lasagne was not what I wanted, curiosity got the best of me. A piece of their "their cheese" lasagne, approximately 2" x 4" was served with a slice of "garlic bread" which was more a sliver of garlic cracker.

Despite the appearance, the lasagne was absolutely delicious! Saucy, meaty, and definitely not sweet, it hit all the spots on the dot! I would definitely recommend this dish!

The pizza was also tasty, but could have been cooked a bit longer. As we ordered it as thin crust, it truly was thin...but also soggy. I prefer crisp thin crusts and not limp, so the pizza wasn't what I was hoping for. Tasty but limp.

• Visited April 2013