“Value for money, charming hotel”

White Knight Hotel Intramuros
Ranked #90 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 1 October 2013

It was great staying in the centre of such a historic area.
No lift in this hotel but bellman will help you carrying your luggages.
You felt like being in a castle. Very charming hotel.
Aircond is quite noisy and window on 2nd floor is very tiny (even in deluxe rooms).
Service efficient.
We did not taste the breakfast as it was quite expensive.
I recommend you to have dinner or lunch at the top floor restaurant of the Bayleaf hotel which is at 5 minutes walk from the hotel, good food, nice view and price affordable.

Room Tip: I recommend you to have dinner or lunch at the top floor restaurant of the Bayleaf hotel which is at...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank djoulia
There are newer reviews for White Knight Hotel Intramuros

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I can't say enough good things about my stay at White Knight Intramuros!
I started this vacation by searching for bicycle tours in Manila. White Knight Intramuros popped up, so I decided to give it a try. Initially, I was only focused on the bicycle tour. But as each day passed, the White Knight hotel, and it's wonderful staff, made this the absolute best vacation I've had in a long time!
From the time the hotel driver picked me up at the airport, until my flight departed, it was a series of great experiences.
The Intramuros area is rich with history, and the White Knight puts you right in the center of it, and helps you explore all it has to offer. Daily tours leave right from the hotel. you can tour by E-Chariot, or bicycle (my favorite), or various other means of transport. The tour guides are all very knowledgeable, and great fun to be with.
My room was spacious with plenty of storage, the bed was comfortable, never ending hot water for showers, mini bar, excellent free wifi, had a balcony overlooking the cobblestone street below, and all for a price that was half of other hotels!
The hotel bar and hotel restaurant are great. I had breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the restaurant, and all meals were delicious, and service was excellent.
The staff was what really made this stay exceptional. Every person I interacted with was friendly, ready to strike up a conversation, and genuinely interested in making my stay pleasant.
It seemed less like a hotel, and more like staying with close friends.
I will for certain stay at White Knight next time I'm in Manila!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We only stayed at this hotel since its few steps away from Barbara's restaurant, where we had a family celebration. We needed a place to change to our gowns for the party. During personal reservation, i find the hotel rather ok. During the day of the event, when we're done changing, we made sure to put DO NOT DISTURB sign on our door since we have valuables inside. But at the end of the day, we found that the room has been cleaned w/o our knowledge; my cousins' juicy couture bag and calvin klein perfume are missing; and we'll be charged $60 for a bedroom linen. The linen got accidentally smudged with eye makeup, which is very easy to remove when washed, but then they insisted. We coordinated with the management about inappropriate cleaning amidst putting the sign, complaints of the missing stuffs and linen on a night shift, and the manager agreed not to charge as anything. Come checkout the next day, the manager we've spoken with left and was nowhere to be found; didnt endorse our claim to the new manager on dayshift, and we end up still paying. We dont stay at this kind of hotels..and for sure, WE'LL NEVER AGAIN!!!!! The worst hotel management I had ever encountered in my life. Good luck to you guys!

• Stayed: August 2013
11  Thank Winter S
Chic17, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. This is an isolated incident that has never happened & we shall look into it & implement appropriate measures to ensure the welfare of all our clients.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We never stayed here, we were invited by our friends for their wedding. We arrived at the hotel at around 4am because we were the coordinators. The staff at the lobby are accommodating, especially the receptionist. She answered all my questions. We were accompanied by their staff. Inside the brides’ room I have notice that the AC is not working well because the temperature is hot. Room is clean it has a sofa bed and tv and it’s perfect for a wedding preparation.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank BeRFi303030
Chic17, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

We have noted your observation. Rest assured that we have spare airconditioning units to replace those that are not working. Just advice us and we shall surely deliver the best service as we are committed to deliver the best comfort for our guests.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

This boutique hotel stays well into the character of the Old Town set in a beautiful old stone building. The staff are fantastic and were always up for a friendly conversation and attentive to our needs.

One night Kerrie and I were the only two listening to the 1 man band at the bar and so we had a great time paying cards while he played Beatles and other classics for us. He stayed and did all his 3 sets even with us as the only audience.

Beds were not the best - firm and bumpy - but all else was great - and remember this is a well priced boutique hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank DaveBatrouney
Chic17, General Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Sincerely appreciate your observations. In view of the above, Wkhi has replaced the beds with better and more comfortable quality to give more comfort to all our guests.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This place has a lot of potential. In a restored/rebuilt area of the historic Intramuros neighborhood, within a block or so of most of the other stuff tourists go to in the neighborhood. It is in a complex with a couple restaurants and cafes, art shops, tour guide service, etc.

The decor of this hotel either has a little grandeur or is just tacky and pretentious, depending on how you look at it. They use imagery of knights and castles, and there's a sort of renfaire look to the hallways, bedspreads, lobby and so on. Knights in shining armor honestly doesn't make a lot of sense in relation to Intramuros history, but maybe that is nitpicking. Anyway, to me the whole decor kept missing the mark and seemed more like a Medieval Times restaurant.

Aside from the questionable aesthetic choices, my 2 night stay here was really just a long series of disappointments and annoyances. Innumerable maintenance problems really started becoming a pain in the butt. For example, there was no option for hot water in the tub faucets, so you can only run a COLD bath?? Lots of stuff like that. The desk staff is pretty incompetent, the room service was not good, the coffee shop doesn't open until well after breakfast time so you can't actually buy a morning coffee there.

Also, outside one door of the hotel is full of obnoxious shills trying to sucker tourists, and outside the door on the other side was an extremely poor neighborhood. I stayed in a room on the ground floor and a minute after I opened the window there were a couple street kids climbing the iron bars outside to look into the room. They were so loud right outside my window all the time that I asked to move to a higher floor- then my new room on the top floor had windows so high up under low-hanging eaves, so that you couldn't even see out of them. And, the ceiling was so slanted that tall people (like me) would hit their head on it in places. Sigh.

If these guys completely overhauled their service and maintenance, and remodeled the interior, this might be a fun place to stay. That seems pretty unlikely.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank inconsistency
Chic17, Manager at White Knight Hotel Intramuros, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Your observations & comments are noted. We shall continously improve on our quality of service to ensure customer satisfaction. Likewise, we shall continously enhance the facility of the hotel in conformity with our best value proposition as it offers the most competitive rates not only in the area but also in the whole country. Again, our apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced as we look forward to make it up to you.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Remarkable and quiant hotel! this hotel is definitely undervalued. Its facilities provides 4 star comfort and ambience. I find this place very intimate and cozy. The bed, pillows, towels, fixtures etc. are definitely beyond budget category. A must visit for travellers looking exceptional value and comfort :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo