“Idk if im gunna stay again”

Waterfront Manila Pavilion Hotel & Casino
Ranked #28 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 19 May 2014

As soon as we parked our car, there was a blackout.. i didnt mind at all coz i thought everything was back to normal after like a minute with no power.. but heck, when we arrived inside the room, there was a blackout AGAIN, the power was back after like 5 minutes.. but the AC was not working.. so i called the FO for some help, they just told me its going to be okay soon.. hours passed and its getting hella hotter and hotter inside.. so i called the FO again, and again they said its going to be okay and i should look at the thingy on the wall to control the temp.. after longass hours again, its not getting any better so i asked my american man to call the FO.. finally, they gave the honest answer! as expected, if it is a foreigner who will ask, sure they will give all the answers! they said its not gunna get any better because the generator cannot support the whole dang building.. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! you are a 5 star hotel and yet you cannot afford to get a good generator?! it was soooooooo freaking hot the entire time of our stay.. but the staff were fine.. aside from some bell boys who were talking crap.. very unprofessional..
a piece of advice, 1st, get a damn better generator to support the whole building.. 2nd, train your staff well.. they could have done better, esp the bellboys.. 3rd, fix the wifi, it sucks.. 4th, the food were not good at all.. idk if i would stay here again..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryz1194

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I make it a habit to call the hotel at least 73 hours before my day of arrival. I called Manila Pavilion and they said that they had no record under my name. I told him that I booked the reservation through Agoda the first week of October 2013 for my April 30, 2014 stay. They insisted that my name is not in their reservation system. As a frequent traveller I usually keep the voucher from Agoda which I luckily carried with me to Manila. I showed up with the voucher and they had no choice but to give me a room. The room was not in the best shape. The carpet was heavily soiled and the a/c was stuck at 24C in the heat of Manila's summers.
It was my last night in Manila and I was so tired so what the heck. I must say, the staff other than the receptionists are always helpful and there is plenty of help regardless of the time of day. I will probably forget the bad experience considering I had a wonderful trip in the Philippines.

Room Tip: Make sure you confirm your reservation or have your voucher if booked online through hotel booking s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rio O
Reviewed 4 May 2014

To say the hotel is dirty would be an understatement. The word "filthy" describes the carpets, bathrooms, walls, etc. The customer service is also horrible. To top it off, the "free wifi" NEVER works. I wouldn't stay here again if they offered me a room for free, let alone the $90 they are asking. If I could give them less than a 1, I would.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Chane_Steiner
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My title could be harsh, but I tell you those are the exact words that will come out of your mouth when you book here. Went here around 2011, to celebrate my mom's bday. Our hilarious and hideous memories we had from this hotel made us to never book a stay here again, EVER.

Our nightmares:
1. Hotel carpet is FILTHY. That once you stepped on it, your feet would surely look like you've walked barefoot on the streets.
2. AC is not working well. We had to transfer to a new room AT 2AM because we're all sweating in the middle of the night.
3. Their complimentary slippers are made of PAPER! For heaven's sake! Could you please just return our money?! So, never use those slippers inside the restroom, you know what happens next!
4. The mirror inside our comfort room is protruded on the wall. We thought it was a cabinet so we lifted the dusty flap with a mirror. To our surprise, we just saw the unfinished cement block wall of the restroom, with dangling electric wires!
5. Food is so-so

The only pro about this hotel is, it's location is near fastfood restos, malls, and convenient stores.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank RuthAlarcon18
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I chose to stay at the Waterfront Manila Pavilion Hotel mainly for its location and was not disappointed. Proximity to many fast food restaurants, the surrounding area was clean enough and you can walk around even at night and feel safe.
The Philippines has changed albeit slowly but surely into a good tourist destination. Getting a cab is hassle free, just agree before boarding to go by meter or a price agreeable with you. English is widely spoken - easy to ask for directions - Filipinos are friendly and hospitable.
Numerous malls are close by with many attractions.
It was an added bonus that the hotel staff were very friendly and always smiling! I stayed with family from 13 -18 March 2014 . The rooms - newly renovated ones are up to international standards. Hotel is still undergoing renovations so choose the newly renovated rooms. The swimming pool I believe is going thru some changes too.
We ate out most of the time due to our schedules - there is a good Japanese restaurant 5 mins walk away, also many local restaurants - a 24hr McDonalds just opposite. 7-11 is just next door. This hotel is a good base for re-discovering Manila. Affordable and clean with good attentive staff. Shall definitely stay here again. Mabuhay!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ernestoe
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

One of the oldest hotel in Manila but have been newly renovated. The hotel has a first class staff and will help you in any way. Me and my spouse had a lovley stay at the Manila Pavillion, we went to the Robinson Mall that was just in walking distance. One thing you have to do is check that it is a newly renovated room before you book it otherwise it can cost you 50 $ a night to upgrade. We upgrade thru Agoda over the phone and it only cost 25 $ to upgrade from superior to deluxe newly renovated room. The hoyel is locatrd a little bit far from Makati district especially if you want to visit Market Market or Greenhill. It was not far from Greenbelt Mall, lovely restaurangs and nightlife like the Havanna club. Love Manila
wadedad

.X d

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Thomash63
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My family is fond of checking in at hotels for staycations during special days. So for Christmas, we decided to go to Manila Pavilion. I pass by this place everyday as I go to work so I was pretty excited about it.

My excitement turned to dismay, however. I can only say good things about the bellboys because they really go out of their way to help us with our things and chatted with my young sons. That's the only good thing about this hotel.

One, no heater. We've tried calling the front desk but until we checked out, no one bothered to check it. The same problem also for the ipad charger. No one came to help us out. Even with the renovations, the room was still a little shabby. And the airconditioning was not as cold as compared to the past hotels we stayed in. We didn't bother to try the pool.

Overall, there are a lot of better hotels in Manila compared to this one. And it's supposed to be 4-stars? I won't even give it a triangle.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family