“Poor Service”

Sincerity Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 1,007 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My family went to this restaurant because of the reviews i read. We went before lunch around 11 am. We ordered their fried rice and chicken, of course. They served us the food items one by one at 10 to 15 minutes interval! They completed it at around 12nn.! It would be ok if the food lived up to the hype. Chicken Joy is much better! I think there are more chinese resto that are more palatable than this.

1  Thank Choi08

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We went on a food trip to Binondo and Sincerity Cafe was our last stop... We want to save the best for last.

They were full on a Saturday noon, but they will find ways to give you a seat. Our group was ushered to a long table occupied by a couple, and the couple seemed a little inconvenienced so they hurriedly finished their food and left the table.

We ordered the best-seller fried chicken, kikiam, oyster cake, and crab rice. for drinks, we had gulaman coolers.

The fried chicken, as expected, was good. Freshly-cooked, crunchy and juicy. Taste-wise, not something to remember, but again, it was worth-trying :-)

The kikiam comes with dipping sauce, and it goes well with the crab rice. The crab rice looks plain, but the taste is actually good. You won't find crab flesh but the rice is yummy.

Its my first time to have a taste of oyster cake. It has a slimy-gummy texture and also comes with a dipping sauce. I don't know how to describe the taste, but its not bad.

Their gulaman coolers could use a little more sugar. Because it has a slight sweetness and once the crushed ice has completely melted, you'll end up with just a colored, flavorless drink.

Complimentary tea is served upon request, and its a good way to cap your meal at Sincerity.

I'll be back next time I visit the Binondo area, I just hope that some of your servers would put a smile on their face. It helps cheer up the place when everyone wears a smile. ;-)

1  Thank Rodrigito_MNL
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Fried chicken was moist and tasty, but the portion was small. Their house fried rice is average but I enjoyed the freshness of the garlic polonchay.
Overall, I don't understand why this resto was popularized by their fried chicken. :) I saw the duck misua soup was famous, but I did not try. Price was reasonable and that was the best part for me. Not worth the drive I made. :) Still Ramon Lee fried chicken for me!!

2  Thank MikeCarmona
Reviewed 26 December 2013

On our last Chinatown food trip, this was where we had lunch. The restaurant is famous for its Chinese-style fried chicken, pancit canton, oyster cake, and a many others. They also offer pre-set meals which consist of a variety of dishes so you will be able to sample their different specialties in one seating. Already a established institution for decades, this is one stop you shouldn't miss when in Chinatown.

2  Thank LSSantos
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I was looking for an authentic chinese food in Manila and I my cousin has recommended this one. OMG this is really worth a try! The fresh lumpia and their rellenong hipon is to die for! The sincerity fried rice is a meal in itself. Their service tea is a good appetizer in itself. Best of all, it is your money's worth.

3  Thank jamescg