“Superb food, especially dessert!”
Review of Casa Roces

Casa Roces
Ranked #93 of 999 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Philippine, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We took our family to Casa Roces to celebrate fathers' day. We just searched the web for recommendations and was interested in their promo. The place is so cozy and very welcoming. But the food is really very special and unique. The perfect finish is their dessert, particularly their keylime pie, which was just heavenly. They have valet parking, which is free.

1  Thank docnemie
There are newer reviews for Casa Roces

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Casa Roces is located in a pleasant old house in a small compound across from Malacanan Palace -- the presidential residence -- in the very center of old Manila. To get there, in fact, you need to pass through security checkpoints -- not too surprising and in our case, for some reason, not very difficult (being taken around Manila by people who *really* know the place is a major help, of course!). The location means that a fairly steady stream of major political figures pass through the restaurant, a good sign in terms of what to expect from the kitchen.

Our group of three had a very pleasant lunch on warm (of course), sunny Thursday afternoon not long ago. The atmosphere was relaxed, service was very good if a little bit on the stately side in terms of pace, and the menu was intriguing. I had a Filipino specialty -- pork belly stew with rice; the pork belly was dredged in a flour-and-shrimp paste that added a good texture to the already-great taste. The result was on the fatty side, but then that's what pork belly is, after all, and I was glad I'd chosen it. The tab was downright small, mostly because I just went with the one dish, but if you want to push the boat out and splurge that could be done as well.

In all our visit was a little like a trip back in time, with great eats along the way --

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We dine last sunday night with family celebrating a birthday. The appetizer choritos was very good and yummy.rest of the food was great especially the turon ala mode.Their staff was very accomodating and approachable, she tour us in the house and explained the history of the Roces ancestral house. I must say this was an experience to treasure. We will surely comeback.

1  Thank izenross7
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Situated at the Malacanang Complex, Casa Roces offers a peaceful and mood setting dinner. The food is nice and affordable. Service however must be address. Some waiter must be retrained on how to treat customer. There was a rude waiter when we dine for the second time. Anyway, i like casa roces because it is an anceatral house converted into a restaurant. There is a gallery on the second floor which you are free to take pictures. Food is very affordable at P250 - P400 per order.

3  Thank Jherson
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Went there on a Sunday night for a dinner. The place is very conducive for family night out or bonding with friends. The facade looks interesting and the interior is even more fascinating. Everything went well until we were ready to take our orders. We are a group of 5 people and most of our orders were not available. One of my friends did not hear the conversation between the waiter and my other friend about what are the unavailable item in the menu. My other friend asked the waiter to tell her what are the unavailable items, to our dismay the waiter said in a very sarcastic and rude manner that "i already told you that, I am not gonna repeat it again" (not the actual words- translated) Yes, he was that rude! Food was okay, I found my fettuccine to be a little salty. By the way, we tried to to dine outside the resto but there too many mosquitos so we had to transfer inside.

2  Thank Glentoy