“Wonderful stop for our group.”
Review of UCCP Shalom Center

UCCP Shalom Center
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manila
UCCP Shalom Center
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed here for the final night of our VIM trip to Anda. The only challenge was the speedy elevator door. The rooms were comfortable and efficient. I enjoyed the art work collection hanging in the lobby. Great service!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kay T
There are newer reviews for UCCP Shalom Center

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Clean, honest, secure, wholesome place in the Malate area. Good location too (near Robinson's mall & Pedro Gil MRT station). But it is also very basic, good for backpacking. They also offer airport service at a reasonable price.

Best for group travels. They have family rooms & apartment type rooms as well.

The alley where it is on is relatively safe, compared to the neighboring areas.

I would recommend this for those who are planning to stay in Malate for wholesome reasons and on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank Jet M
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Very nice ambience like home, staff are well trained to accommodate guests, had a good night sleep overnight, equipped with wifi service which kept me on track of my travel and communication, transportation service was excellent, felt safe and secure always!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Lorelei2012
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The hotel is located near Robinson's Mall. In hotel vans are available for aiport pick up and transfers. Rooms are clean and affordable.

There is a cafeteria that serves good breakfast. Staff is nice and friendly. I would recommend this for budget travelers.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank TarsierReviews
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This where we stayed for the first 2 nights of our trip. The staff was friendly and very helpful! This was my first introduction to Pilipino bathrooms! It was different, but not too different. I had no idea of what was to come. The breakfasts were good. I think this was the perfect stop on our UCCP & UCC Emersion Trip. 2 Bishops, 7 CMs, 1 UCC minister, 1 UCCP minister and me from UCC Woman's Board of Missions.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank kahaluu
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The Shalom Ctr (assoc. with UCCP and Silliman Univ) is the place for peace and quiet in the midst of never sleeping Manila. I have been staying here since the late 70's when I was a student at SU. Many changes since then (not the least of which is the 7 storey bldg), but
the peace and quiet remains along with all the large trees, a rarity in Malate. Accomodations
are simple, but adequate. The cafe serves up great breakfasts and a robust cup of Joe.
The people at the front desk are pleasant and helpful. A ride to the airport can be arranged in advance (preferred) or on short notice if that is one's circumstance. Reasonable too - 500 P
to Term. 3 or 1000 P to Term. 1 (the old airport). Pickup at airport can also be booked in advance. My wife and I have gotten rid of jet lag here in two nights, before we continue on
to the province. Also get some shopping in as Robinson's is like 2 blocks away.
The whole place is run on their own PV electric system. No brown outs at Shalom.

Room Tip: Travelers can still opt to stay in rooms in the original bungalows under the monkeypod trees.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Opal10
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I started staying here when I brought my family to Manila. i was looking for an affordable, clean and quiet place to stay while we were in Manila. I really like staying there. The staff were so friendly and approachable. Housekeeping always clean the room. It has a refrigerator and a cable television and air-conditioned.
Also, I always arranged a drop-off and pick-up at the airport because they are reliable. Pick-up in the airport ranges to Php 800-1000 (it will differ on which airport terminal you will arrive). Drop-off is Php 500, I've been charge with this rate since my 6th visit.
The location is also great because near Robinsons Mall of Manila, walking distance only. Walking distance to LRT station (Pedro Gil). It can take you to Edsa-Taft for MRT & Recto through Doroteo-Jose station.

They have a cafeteria also that serves breakfast and lunch and only open till 2pm. They have wifi but they will charge you Php 50.00 for the whole duration. One time payment only. You can also change your dollar in here or have your important documents or things to be keep in their safe box. I used to do that.

I always avail their private room for Php 17985 with two single beds and one pull out bed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family