“All its praises are well-deserved”

Ramada Manila Central
Ranked #7 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 30 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I've been to all different hotels around the city many times, and usually I compare some of factors from location, accessibility, traffic, facilities, service and then to the price. The front desk service is not well-timing and inefficient, it may takes upon 15 minutes more to complete everything. I stayed with them for 2 nights in the Executive room type which is located on 14 floors, however, the downside is they did not allocate me by the edge corner where could overlook the Manila Cathedral directly from the room. Its so hard to get the cab during my stay at the hotel, and had to queue with additional tips like a few hundred peso. Its ridiculous we had hard time to get the cab at least 3-4 times, I remember the longest wait is like approximately one hour due to the heavy rain condition.
How luckily i was not here for the vacation otherwise it would've ruined my entire day, and totally burned out my temper. Another defect point i have to indicate is the complimentary water, only 2 bottles allowed a day...its a little bit stingy and they try to charge me 80 peso to request for one bottle. I wish there could be a convenience store around by, but the closer one may takes least 5 minutes walk and the area is a little bit sketchy at night. The breakfast is just about average, lack of selection, most dishes are deep fried, may be too oily for my appetite in the early day. Gym facility is sufficient for a traveler.

Most of my local friends were quite astonished about my dissection how come I took this hotel because the surrounded area is always congestive and hard to get around. Even sometimes the taxi does not come even we pay more than 200 peso additionally via GrabTaxi application. Well learn from the lesson, I will not come back here if the traffic condition has been improved significantly. Lets say probably not anytime soon haha

The highlight is the spacious room, and the price condition.

Thanks again for your hospitality....

Room Tip: Requested to have floor 14-15 where you could overlooks the Manila Cathedral
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel last April and everything was okay. Room was nice, staff facilitative and friendly, breakfast was good, not great but good. Although I remember requesting them to refry the bacon and make it crispy.

Why is it that most hotels do not know how to fry bacon?

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Green S
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have various points as to why I said staying in Ramada, Manila Central is worthwhile:

Location - It was my first time to be in China Town and I enjoyed roaming around the streets of Binondo to try their Chinese food. It was pleasant however, to stay and rest in a hotel that is very quiet and peaceful after a long walk in the noisy and busy streets of China Town. Also, the location is very accessible to restaurants and other eateries such as EngBeeTin, President, Salazar's and etc.

Staff- The hotel staff are very accommodating. As a matter of fact, there was a guard who already welcomed us even before we went out of the cab. He reminded us if we might have forgotten some valuables inside the cab. The staff inside the hotel also helped us with our stuff and offered us their signature welcome drink. It's a cucumber calamansi juice which really tasted good. Kuya Romeo (the staff who helped us to get our things inside our room) was really nice until the time that we already checked out of the hotel. When we were eating, the staff from their News Cafe were also attentive as they provide us with everything we need such as refilling of our water and taking out used plates.

Cost - their cost id really fair considering what we experienced. We were three in the room and we only paid more than 3K.

Food - Food is good but not exemplary. We asked why is it a mixed of international cuisine, one of their staff told us that its because they wanted to offer something different from what the restaurants outside were offering (Chinese Food since its in China Town).

All in all, it was an awesome experience. I got to enjoy the hotel as well as what China Town has to offer. But more importantly, I really liked how courteous their staff are. I would definitely go back because of their staff. (I actually promised Kuya Romeo that I'd go back because he's super nice hehe)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BigLudo
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This a very comfortable and friendly hotel with very friendly and attentive staff. Taxis sometimes take a while to find it and it is a little way from commercial and nightlife districts. Have now staid 3 times.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Travellers also viewed these Manila hotels
Hotel H2O
Malate
Pan Pacific Manila
Pan Pacific Manila
#2 of 110 in Manila

Been to Ramada Manila Central? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Manila Central

Address: Ongpin Corner Quintin Paredes Sts | Binondo, Manila, Luzon 1006, Philippines
Region: Philippines > Luzon > Metro Manila > Manila
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #7 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Price Range: £42 - £68 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Ramada Manila Central 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Manila Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.