“Snobby Front Desk, Prostitution Heaven, Worst Service (READ IT)”

Armada Hotel Manila
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Do not know why I have so much hate about this hotel, its ruined my entire stay since the first moment upon my arrival to the last minute.....

First and foremost, I reached to the hotel around 1300 on the first date of my staying, they put me on hold for about 30 minutes, and thanks god i got the room with a considerable waiting span. The sooner i got to the room, it was not matched with the room type which i supposed to have. One pax stays at twin room on 5 floor, you kidding me? I immediately made a call to the front desk, and requested for the room exchanging, here is how the dissatisfaction begins...first few time responses were "please wait for another 10 minutes, we will get back to you shortly".... been going like this for more than one hour, and afterward i passed out on the bed for 20 minutes, then got back up to make another serious complaint to the front desk. Finally at about 1530 they reallocated me another king size room on 10f with no view...what a disaster....I expected to have front view...well i was already exhausted with their inefficiency and irreverence.

A few more defects need to be addressed, the security surrounded by the red light district, and outdated facilities hotel itself. Breakfast is above the average, lack of variety, do not bother to eat the next consecutive days.

Furthermore, I booked with them via Agoda for first 2 nights, and then i determined to extend one night more for business purpose, however, they tried to charge me more than what it says on Agoda like 1.5 times more, you seriously tried to fool me like a donkey. I kept bargaining with them to get about the price I should be paying as Agoda. Can you believe the the first response I received from the front desk is "Do it on Agoda then"...this is extremely discourteous. What a cumbersome dispute.

Thanks for the well-irrevence, well-inefficinecy, well-reacted, well-careless thumbs up for the prostitution heaven, surely i would never considered to come back to this hotel ever....its ridiculous

Room Tip: Toward the bay side
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank Carlitos_Huang
ArmadaHM, Asst. Front Office Manager at Armada Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Warm Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

First of all, we want to thank you for taking the time in making this review. It was very unfortunate to hear that you encountered such problems. We do acknowledge that the room type that you have requested is not yet available when you arrived in the hotel. It could have been explained right away upon check-in to avoid any inconvenience on your part.
On the other hand, with regards to the location of the hotel we assure you that our Security Personnel are all trained to assist you in case you needed some assistance. For the variety of food at our Restaurant, we already informed our Executive Chef about your concern and these matters were taken seriously and acted upon right away.

For the rate that was quoted to you, we would just like to clarify that on line rate is always lower than walk-in rate even in other hotels. It was also explained in a very polite manner that if you wish to get the same rate you can extend thru online though you requested to extend directly to the hotel and asked for the same rate. The GSO who attended to you actually asked our Management to extend a special rate which in the end was given an approval and was even thankful for the special rate that was extended to you. If you think our Front Desk staff was not courteous enough, we assure you that we will have them re-trained on how to handle guest.
We are very thankful for your constructive comments. In this manner we will be able to improve our service even better.

Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again here in Armada Hotel Manila!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Thank you Armada Hotel for going above and beyond in taking care of my fiance and daughter, and her best friend. They had such an excellent stay there even with all the rain during the week.

I asked if you could provide a room high up with a view of the bay and you came through for them. More amazing is that my fiance told me that your staff packed a breakfast for them when they went to St. Lukes Clinic in the morning. With that kind of service wow is all I can say.

I was told by them that the room was huge and clean and the staff was great. Also to our daughter surprise there was a tub with bubbles waiting for her (she loves bubble baths)

Thank you again.

Kevin

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kevin B
ArmadaHM, Asst. Front Office Manager at Armada Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2014

Warm Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

Thank you for this inspiring feedback. It was our pleasure to give our guest the best service that they truly deserve and knowing that such small gestures will truly make our guest satisfied. It was very heart warming to know that your fiancée and daughter truly enjoyed their stay.

We hope next time you will be able to join them to experience firsthand the service of Armada Hotel Manila.

Again, thank you and we look forward in having you and your family here in Armada Hotel Manila!

Asst. Front Office manager

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel was excellent. Room was spacious, good and clean. The location was very good for night life. The staff were friendly and good but service was slow at many times. They had a swimming pool but was closed at 8 pm. They provide a day trip to pagsanjan falls which was very nice. Overall very nice experience and good to travel with friends.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dinesh47
ArmadaHM, Asst. Front Office Manager at Armada Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Warm Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

First of all, we would like to thank you for having the time to write us your review. It was such a pleasure to hear that you find our hotel excellent with friendly staff, and a spacious and clean room. Second, we are also glad that you find our location very good for night life. We guarantee you that our Security personnel are always on their toes to assist you anytime.

However, with regards to the service being slow, rest assured that our staff will undergo retraining to provide the best service to our guests.

We are truly delighted that you had a nice experience with us.

Once again, thank you and we look forward in welcoming you back here in Armada Hotel Manila!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here from the 2nd to the 5th of july. I`m sorry now we didn`t stay here when we got back to manila on the 25th. This hotel is a real 5star hotel, this has a lot to do with the friendly staff. A big tanx to Renica and RJ and all the other staff .My advice to anyone booking this hotel, is: book it with the breakfast,.as the breakfast was great and a lot to choose from too.The kids loved the roof top pool as well.

No one asked us how was our stay......WAS great.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a higher floor if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jay711

Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

Than you for this heart warming feedback. It was really a pleasure to hear such remarkable comments. Your commendation to both RJ and Reneca will surely motivate them to be at their best always.

We are truly glad that you and your family had a great experience while staying in our hotel.

Again, thank you and we will be more than happy to welcome you back here in Armada Hotel Manila!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had stayed here for about ten days a year ago and checked out earlier today from a two week stay. Last year's stay was great, thus the return. I had some problems in the first few days this time and had, initially, planned to extend my stay in Manila at another hotel. But the staff more than made up for the problems, and so I booked several additional nights at the Armada.

I will detail the specific problems below, but I think of more interest to most would be the pros and cons of staying at the Armada. So, here they are, as far as I am concerned:

PROS (and a few cons):
1. The staff. David, in the restaurant, is just an exceptional waiter and makes every morning a joy; the others could learn a great deal from him. Vina at the front desk was not as personable as David, but she always got done what I needed done. The guys working the doors are always helpful in hailing a taxi.

2. The price. This is a very nice hotel for the price. The floors are going to need some work soon, but the larger rooms in particular are very well appointed. The rooms are always very clean and the whole place has the feel of a much more expensive hotel. Don't miss the view from the rooftop pool!

3. The location. The immediate location stinks (no coffee shops/cafes within walking distance...the walk down the street is awful...and the traffic on Del Pilar is getting very bad due to some construction where it deadends past the Armada). However, it's not too far from the airport - you shouldn't pay more than 250 pesos, it's close to the Bay, Robinson's Place is a ten minute cab ride, while Intramuros and Rizal Park are not much further, and it's away from the heart of the Malate Hooker NIghtlife. Yes, there is a club across the street, but it's easily ignored (I never heard music late even from the fifth floor...maybe rooms at the front do get noise, but I never heard it). In short, the immediate location is nothing to write home about, but, as it is situated in Manila, it is quite convenient to most places you are likely to want to go.
As for the traffic on Del Pilar; when I was in a hurry, I would walk around the block to Mabini and catch a taxi there.

4. The food. The breakfast buffet is worth the add on. In addition, they have 24 hour room service with a full menu from the restaurant. The Filipino food is REALLY good and the Western food is not bad at all.
PROBLEMS
I cannot think of any real cons that I have not alluded to above; there just are not any major problems, as I see it. But here are the specific problems I had early in my stay.
1. The first room (12th floor) they gave me was smaller than last year's and the fake wood floor was VERY noisy. It even woke me up if I shifted in bed. Without hesitation, however, they moved me to a much larger 5th floor room (it turns out they upgraded me without charging).

2. The safe didn't work in the new room (no problem, old batteries replaced) and a strip of flooring was broken and cut my foot a little; I asked them to tape it down, but it was still a problem, but one I could avoid.

3. The second or third day, my room was not cleaned, despite my working outside the hotel for about 8 hours. They said I needed to turn on the "clean room" light, but that was odd given I had never had to do that in the past.

4. Another minor annoyance was that, after a few days, they stopped providing hand towels or a floor towel, the latter of which is a problem with the typical Asian shower that does not have a curtain.

Obviously, none of the problems above is major; it was just that they all happened in the first few days and I was starting to question whether the hotel was heading downhill. I am happy to say, it is not.

As long as prices stay this reasonable, I will certainly return to the Armada the next time I go to Manila.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Danimalist

Warm Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

Thank you for a very fair and wonderful review. You sure have shared a thorough and precise comment with pros and cons on each aspect.

For the staff, especially to David of Caliber Restaurant, your commendation will surely motivate him more to be the best on what he does. As for Vina, we will see to it that she will undergo retraining to improve her skills in handling guests.

On another hand, we do acknowledge the problem with the location. Rest assured that all our Security personnel are well trained to provide the best assistance to our guests anytime.

For the problems you have stated on the last part of your feedback, we have already coordinated your concerns to each department involved.

Again, we thank you for placing this review. it will surely help us in striving to give a better service in the future.

We are all looking forward in welcoming you back here in Armada Hotel Manila!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Armada is a great hotel but unfortunately in the wrong part of town.
Hotel is modern and very comfortable with a nice pool on the roof overlooking Manila and the bay.
Gym was also quite equipped with tv monitors and a/con with a good amount of weights in the room.

Unfortunately it is in the red light district with an adult club across the road which pumps out loud music for most of the night, which is very hard to sleep to.

If you dont mind late nights Armada is a very good hotel and would even recommend it with the loud music as the Hotel is quite nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank OS_here_we_come

Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

We would like to thank you for this feedback. We are glad to hear that you find our hotel to be great with a nice view from the rooftop pool and with an adequately equipped gym.

As for the location, we do assure you that our Security Officers are all well-trained and are always prepared to give assistance to our guests.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you next time here in Armada Hotel Manila!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with huge and beautiful rooms, with two enormous kingsize beds (it's possible to stay 4 people in each room). The problem is that many things dosen't work in the rooms, like the showers or missing wifi etc, and the friendly staff is often incapable to resolve the problems - we had to change room 3 times. The windows are old and thin, so there is a lot of noice from the street,

Room Tip: High up to avoid the noice from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Armada Hotel Manila!

Thank you for having the time to give us your feedback. We are truly delighted that you find our hotel beautiful as well as our rooms to be spacious.

However, we deeply regret that you encountered some problems during your stay with us. Rest assured that this matter was already discussed with our Department Head and immediate action is being done.

Again, thank you and we look forward in welcoming you back here in Armada Hotel Manila!