“Light staying hotel”

Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Manila
東京都
“Light staying hotel”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This is my one of loving hotel in Manila. New, clean, not expensive, relax, nice view, friendly staffs... When I'm always staying this hotel I feel so relax. it's like this hotel is my home! I'll chose this hotel when I visit to Manila.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank こじこじ
Ed V, General Manager at The Bayleaf Intramuros, responded to this review, 24 August 2012

Greetings from The Bayleaf!

Thank you very much indeed for the comments you shared about our hotel. Such comments inspire us in a big way and makes work and serving guests in general really, really fun!

Have a great day. looking forward to welcoming you back in Manila!

regards,

The Bayleaf team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Wardle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We considered a few options before booking the Bayleaf as we only had one night in Manila before flying out.
Intramuros was recommended to us by a friend so we looked at adjacent hotels. We chose the Bayleaf and we weren't disappointed. Clean, tidy, fantastic location and magnificent views. Panoramic restaurant was spectacular and the food was good quality although the limited menu was fine.
Breakfast was superb, great choice, cereals, eggs cooked to order, cold meats, pastries etc..lovely.
We booked airport transfers through the Hotel and the Manager, Francis emailed me three times to check flight numbers and confirm arrival..great service and worth every penny.
Definitely go back if were in Manila and for the sheer value for money and quality it gets 5 stars from us.

Room Tip: Overlooking the golf course as high as possible...
1 Thank Mike A

Greetings from The Bayleaf!

Your generous 5 star ratings about your hotel experience is truly an inspiration to us. Our team is truly delighted to learn about this. We are constantly reviewing our products and procedures to be at a level where our guests will constantly appreciate the hotel.

Thank you very much indeed for inspiring us to do even better.

Warm regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2012

What a great experience. The hotel is pricier than some of the other options, but I found it was worth it.

I made some room requests when I made the reservation on-line (to be located on a high floor, with a good view), and they followed through. We were on the 8th floor in a corner room with a spectacular view of the city, old wall, and golf course.
The lobby, top floor restaurant (9 Spoons), roof top, and floor lay-out are all impressive and swanky-looking.

The location is great. There are many things that are within walking or Jeepney distance. The hotel is right in Intramuros, where you can walk the old wall and take a Segway tour. We also walked to the Chinatown area, Rizal Park (where there is a sound and light show at night, and free concerts at the open-air auditorium, among other things), and Malate (e.g., For shopping; for interesting bars like the Hobbit House; and for cheap massages at Touch of Hands).

There is a 7-11 very close to the hotel, and a McDonalds. The 7-11 is a great place to buy cheap San Miguel beer and stock up your hotel fridge. There is a churro restaurant as well, which I would have liked to try but we didn't get around to it.

It was my goal to go for drinks on the roof-top, but I found it was not open each time I checked due to the rain (we were in Manila less than a week before the monsoon rain floods started in ealry August 2012, which was international news). However, I was still able to go up there to enjoy a fine local cigar with my own drink. The night view is beautiful.

I was impressed with their process of hailing guests a taxi. When a taxi comes to the hotel to pick you up, Bayleaf staff document the contact information of the taxi driver on a small piece of paper, and give it to you. The taxi driver can see this process taking place. Subsequently, they are less likely to rip you off. And each time we took a taxi from the hotel, the rate was what it should be. I also suggest you ask front desk what a reasonable rate is to your destination before getting in a cab.

The cost of getting to the Bayleaf from the airport should be P400 wih the yellow, metered taxis. When we walked outside the airport upon arrival, we were approached right away by unscrupulous taxi drivers. Don't go with the white taxi company....they wanted P800. And they deliberately misdirected us away from the cheaper yellow taxi line-up.

As other reviews indicated, it would have been nice if there was a swimming pool (e.g. rooftop) and fitness centre, especially in a hotel of this caliber. Also, since there is such a great view, room balconies would be nice too to better appreciate it.

3 Thank product-of-canada

Greetings from The Bayleaf!

Your generous 5 star rating of your experience in our hotel is an inspiration indeed. your inputs about the location as well made us feel proud of our workplace. These comments inspire our team to always focus on guest satisfaction. Thank you very much indeed!

Looking forward to be of service to you once again!

Regards,

Paris, France
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

We love this hotel and we consider it as our second home. We will probably go back (hoping that it will not change).
If you are looking for a much quite enclose area this is the place. Noisy nightlife area is not far anyway. Malate nightlife is less than 1KM, malls like SM Manila 500 meters facing the hotel and the city hall; mall of Asia (asia's biggest mall) is about 4KM away, Rosas boulevard breakwater is less than 3KM...

So why stay inside your room and watch TV????

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Foufam

Greetings from The Bayleaf!

Our team wishes to thank you for your wonderful comments. We are truly thrilled to learn that as we look forward to serving you once more. The satisfaction of our guests is a source of fulfillment to us. Such will surely guide us to be consistent and truly caring.

Thank you very much indeed!

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I am here for 4 nights, and I find myself spending most of my time in my room watching TV. There is nothing to do here, but walk around the historic sites...OK, that's fine for 1 day, but there is absolutely no shopping, no nightlife, and nothing else to do here! I even did a Google search on nightlife in Intramuros, and I got one hit: Starbucks.

The rooms are beautiful! They are clean and comfortable, and everything works...except the WiFi which is almost nonexistent (I did a speed test and got about 1 Mbps download and much less upload.) The staff is nice, but overly formal, the food is no better than OK (my "sautéed mushrooms came out of a can, the accompanying bruschetta bread was stale), and my cocktail was weak. The bar at the viewing deck is pretty much empty at all times...it takes about 10 minutes to view the skyline, then back to my lovely room for more TV.

I really should rate this higher, but I remember the three rules of opening a good business: 1. Location, 2. Location, 3. Location.

Yes, technically, it's a nice building, but after that...ho hum.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Kaitiaki

Greetings from The Bayleaf!

This might be coming a bit late and we truly apologize for that. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. It is through those that we can really see how the customers sees us and from there take action steps to improve. Your comments indeed are highly valuable to us.

We regret not being able to show you or tell you about the places ( shopping, nightlife, etc) that are literally close by. We should have provided you a better service in that aspect. We also took note of your other comments and made serious action steps to improve. Our main goal is to ensure the satisfaction of our guests and we regret falling short of your expectation. Your comments surely will help us to review our products and services.

Given the chance, we welcome the opportunity of being of service to you once more where we could perhaps redeem ourselves and make your stay a truly memorable one.

Our team wishes to sincerely thank you for taking the time to evaluate us.

Warm regards,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2012

i stayed here twice. 1st, when i flew in Manila, and during my wedding. the veiws are great. you can see Manila's and Makati's skyline on a good day. the historic walls give it the old manila feel, on top of it, manila city hall and the well trimmed golf course. the staff are so welcoming except for the lady on the front desk that had a mole on her lips that was never accomodating to me me and my wife. she charged me for a paper print that i tough was a favour for me. she was firm that i had to pay it. evenhough i explained it that i was never told that i was gonna be charged for it. she was rude, and was very abonoxious. i asked her finally what she can do for me and still charged me for those prints which i thought was very unreasonable. i would like to thank that young lady on the front desk that insisted that i get my money back. Alfie too was so friendly and helpful. kudos to Bayleaf Hotel for training their staff well except for that one glitch. i enjoyed their breakfast. they always had the traditional filipino bfast and very flexible for the ones that have a different preference. the rooms are small but very neat. they were never meant to receive visiting guest but its very clean. didn't had big closet space on their standard rooms.

one of the things that draw back my rating is their wifi services. i find it very confusing and always changing. apparently they only allow one device to have a wifi connection per room. i only learned that when i checked in the 2nd time for my wedding. this is very frustrating for my wife and me coz we each had a phone and a laptop. they also got me worried because i kept asking for additional wifi passwords and i finally learned that they charge for those. again, nobody cared to explained that to me.
one more thing, they have to clean their windows.they have a great view but the dirty windows ruin it. and they are missing some the basics (Pool, Fitness Centre)

but over all this is a very nice hotel. ill come back when i have the chance

2 Thank Jake B
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The Bayleaf Hotel is inside the historic walled city, Intramuros. The restaurant has a good view of the Manila Skyline. You must also visit the viewing deck at night. Don't forget to order the churros too!

• Stayed June 2012