On the positive side:
1. Staff were brilliant - very kind and helpful, all smiles. They helped us book a trip to Taal lake and volcano, which was fantastic.
2. Due to a small accident (don't walk around Intramuros at night, many deep holes in the pavement!) we needed assistance from the nurse every day. The nurse was lovely and very competent.
3.Hotel has a beautiful roof terrace with a bar and restaurant.
On the negative side:
We stayed there for 4 nights and every night was noisy - you could hear everything the neighbors were doing, the cleaners coming in in the morning, etc. There is no "extras" in the hotel - no bathrobe in the room, no slippers, no pool or gym available in the hotel.
The very last evening and departure were a disaster for us: we asked the hotel to check which terminal we were to leave from at the airport (wifi was bad and not working for us to check ourselves), they told us T3. They called a taxi for us and the driver refused to put the meter on. He said that the hotel told him we had agreed to pay 500 pesos, which we didn't of course. We paid him 300 pesos, which was all the money we had left. On arriving to T3 at the airport, it turned out it was the wrong terminal and we had to go to T1. As there is no transportation between terminals in Manila airport (!!!), we had to take a cab again. This driver also refused to put the meter on and demanded 900 pesos. We had to pay in euros, as we had no pesos left. All that could have been avoided if we had the correct information regarding the departure terminal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bayleaf is the only boutique hotel in the heart of the country's premiere heritage site, the Intramuros -the seat of Spanish government more established than 400 years ago. Located inside massive walls, Intramuros is home to very old churches, museums, national parks and courtyards.With 57 rooms and suites, The Bayleaf also has 5 modern meetings rooms, a 280 capacity ballroom, an all day dining panoramic restaurant on the 9th floor, a roof deck al fresco lounge on the deck and a rustic Churros cafe on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Bayleaf Intramuros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.