“Brilliant staff at Bayleaf”

The Bayleaf Intramuros
Ranked #4 of 111 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 2 November 2013

On the positive side:
1. Staff were brilliant - very kind and helpful, all smiles. They helped us book a trip to Taal lake and volcano, which was fantastic.
2. Due to a small accident (don't walk around Intramuros at night, many deep holes in the pavement!) we needed assistance from the nurse every day. The nurse was lovely and very competent.
3.Hotel has a beautiful roof terrace with a bar and restaurant.
On the negative side:
We stayed there for 4 nights and every night was noisy - you could hear everything the neighbors were doing, the cleaners coming in in the morning, etc. There is no "extras" in the hotel - no bathrobe in the room, no slippers, no pool or gym available in the hotel.
The very last evening and departure were a disaster for us: we asked the hotel to check which terminal we were to leave from at the airport (wifi was bad and not working for us to check ourselves), they told us T3. They called a taxi for us and the driver refused to put the meter on. He said that the hotel told him we had agreed to pay 500 pesos, which we didn't of course. We paid him 300 pesos, which was all the money we had left. On arriving to T3 at the airport, it turned out it was the wrong terminal and we had to go to T1. As there is no transportation between terminals in Manila airport (!!!), we had to take a cab again. This driver also refused to put the meter on and demanded 900 pesos. We had to pay in euros, as we had no pesos left. All that could have been avoided if we had the correct information regarding the departure terminal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Onnanohito184
Write a ReviewReviews (1,580)

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We spent only one night here (on our way to SE Asia) but it was lovely. Got a great night's sleep and had a wonderful breakfast. Staff was lovely and helpful. Suggest you ask for the private airport transfer. The cost is 800PP ($18) and it is well worth it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I trusted the reviews of Russian tourists to this hotel and not wrong. Great location, very clean, excellent service. Good price. The hotel is located in the best part of Manila, Intramuros district. Quite nearby mall with nice shops and restaurants.On the top floor there is an outdoor bar with stunning panoramic views of the city. Very polite and helpful staff, we are very happy with their stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ValeriyaKo
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

It was an awesome experience! Everyone is polite and helpful! Thanks to the staff Alfie and his partner which i forgot her name. I checked in late because my flight got delayed. They waited for me and made sure everything is taken cared of! Breakfast is the best! I would recommend this hotel to my friends!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Melda B
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Bayleaf for two four night stretches, before and after a dive trip to Dumaguete. It was great! The accommodations are clean and generous. The restaurant has an extensive menu, with delicious food. And most importantly, the service, at all levels, was exemplary!
There are lots of things to do in the surrounding area. And Manila Collectibles, with its interesting and unusual souvenirs, at very reasonable prices, is a pleasant walk, or pedicab, away.
An oasis in Manila!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank barbarita1
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I look forward to returning to the Bayleaf. it is sited in a great area of Manila with good views of the wall and golf course in the foreground, with the city as a backdrop. Nice clean rooms and all the staff were kind and very helpful. Great breakfasts, delicious food in 9 Spoons Restaurant and the Sky Deck a fun place to hang out in the evenings. I forgot 4 shirts I'd put in a draw. When I sent a mail 24 hours later they had them in Lost Property awaiting instructions: Full Marks!!
A Lap pool or Spa would be a bonus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My first time in Manila and chose this hotel because of the location in the "historical" area of Intramouros. It's a stone throw from the beautiful par 3 Intramouros golf course too :) u are not really far from the entertainment of Malati but expect to be charged more late at night to get home because Intramouros is dead after dark and taxis probably won't get a fare out. During the day, Intramouros is fine to walk about but at night I felt very exposed and wouldn't recommend it. Now, the hotel. It was well run and modern. The rooftop restaurant was a highlight, not necessarily the food, which was just average, but the view and ambience was lovely. My partner and i chose the deluxe room with a view and it was small, I must say. I was a bit disappointed in the amount of space when escaping the midday heat, there is no pool and you tend to spend afternoons in the room until it cools down. I would suggest a larger room option for extended stays. The service at the resto was excellent, the room service was quick, Randy the manager always had time for a chat and offered some good advice. Mel, the waitress made my day every morning with her beaming smile and warm welcome. My room door lock was defective and the door did not close automatically without a gentle pull of assistance and I noted it to the reception staff but it was not fixed during my week there, which was disappointing as this was a security issue. Air con took a while to get the right setting as the dial seemed not to correlate with the correct temperature but..... All in all, pretty good hotel for the Phillippines :)

• Stayed: October 2013