“Lovely hotel with very friendly staff”

The Bayleaf Intramuros
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 26 March 2014

It is a Little too big to call itself a botique hotel. But it is very nice and friendly. And a excellent location. The rooftop restaurent with 360 degree view of the Manila skyline is a very nice safe heaven.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jannik F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,552)

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights either side of a trip up to the North of Luzon. It is very central, welcoming staff who remembered us when we came back, stylish clean rooms and a nice roof top restaurant for breakfast. Price was reasonable too. We would come back and recommend it to anyone going to Manilla.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had a really great stay in the hotel for four nights. It is ideally located within the old city walls of Intramuros, with the museum, Fort Santiago and other historic sites just a few minutes walk in any direction. The national museum is also close by.

Rooms were very modern, spacious and clean with power showers, and in my case, great views over the city. I can also recommend the roof top bar and restaurant, which has great Filipino and western dishes and good live music on the weekends. The hotel has a calm and quiet atmosphere.

Staff were very friendly and helped me organised a one-day trip up to San Narciso (Zambales) to catch some surf. The hotel also has a very efficient laundry service and good wi-fi connection (which allowed me to complete my PADI e-learning before heading to Palawan to go diving!).

Finally, another great point is that the international airport is only 30mins away (or less if traffic is good) and one can also make use of the sky way to avoid the worst of the traffic. All in all, this is a really great hotel - wholesome, clean and efficient -and I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 506 which had great views over the city museum, town hall and two of the 16th centu...
2  Thank TomJABaker
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed in the Bayleaf twice. Once we arrived and once before we left the Philippines. We choose the hotel because of the many positive reviews on tripadvisor and finally we have been disappointed. Let me start with the positive: Very friendly, gentle people and an excellent service. A wonderful view from the restaurant on the top of the building. Food (both breakfast and evening) is ok, but not exceptional. For example, the fruit juice in the morning is no fresh juice, like we had in some other places.
The more negative: The quality of the air in the rooms. The first time, we had a room with no window and it smelled very badly and it was very humid. There were very friendly and added a perfume in the room, but that doesn't make the quality of the air better. I thought it was maybe just a bad room and therefore, we decided to sleep there a second time, at the end of our vacation and asked for a room "with a view"`. Even if it was less, the room as still smelling and feeling humidity. The problem of the building is that there isn't any window that can be opened for aeration, so the quality of the air is bad (well, for people sensitive to it like me.) I wouldn't go back, but for one less sensitive then I am, this can be a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
1  Thank Orlando01
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I've been very very curious about this building along intramuros whenever i passed by this area. i asked my driver what it was then he told me that the building I've been very curious about is actually a hotel. wow! indeed a perfect blend for old manila. building structure is not too high nor fancy to ruin the area of Intramuros. rooms are actually modern, clean and simple. breakfast is nothing fancy. however, staff are obviously OJT's from the school beside the hotel. but not really an issue. Safety is good. you won't be able to go up nor down without the keycard of the room. wifi is provided with user access.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CarmelaTan
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We loved the Bayleaf. Very comfortable, perfect location and above all friendly and helpful staff. The only thing holding back the fifth star was a not very spacious room. But the room was well designed and very comfortable. The nightlight in the bathroom should be copied everywhere. Breakfast service was excellent and the rooftop restaurant for dinner. Terrific value too. Not a boutique hotel, just a very very good hotel at a cracking price.
Oliver and Sue Gillie. 19 March 2014

Room Tip: All the rooms we had were equally good.
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My flight to Dumageute was cancelled by Cebu Pacific....grrrrrr....so in the mad scramble to rebook and find an overnight I looked on Tripadvisor while in line. It had good reviews so I booked.
The hotel is 45 minutes from T3 and as usual, Manila traffic was a nightmare. I had offers of 700P flat rate but decided to go with metered taxi. Suprise! It was less than 300P....
The hotel is located in Intermuros which is a nice historical area. My room was 705 with a nice view of the fort.
9 Spoons had some good food. The 4 cheese pizza was tasty and the Cajun Alfredo was very good as well.
The room was very clean, nicely modern and the SM mall was only a very short very scary 5 minute pedicab ride away.
The roof top bar was nice and the views and sunset drinks were exactly what was needed!!
The staff gave out breakfast sandwiches for my O-So-Early 6 am checkout. A nice touch.
Expensive overall? Yes