“An Oasis in Intramuros”

Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“An Oasis in Intramuros”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

With just a day to spend in Manila following a week of meetings, Intramuros is the place to unwind. And The Bayleaf is THE place to stay! Right in the heart of the walled city, away from the maddening traffic, it is an oasis of modernity and comfort with excellent service, and even better views. You are within easy walking distance from Fort Santiago, the Cathedral, many worthwhile museums and cafes. Rizal Park and the Bay Walk are also right there - in the other direction. Dinner or drinks are strongly recommended on the SkyDeck. I enjoyed a delicious buffet with marvelous 360 degree views. Wish I could have extended my stay by another day!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Its great to overlook the Intramurous wall, canons and golf-course beyon...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Haroon K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is the second time I will write a review. I don't really write one unless I was really satisfied with my experience. My first review was for the Cocoon Boutique Hotel which I find ao amazing.

Now with Bayleaf, I now believe my blogger friend when he said that this hotel is one of the cleanest. The reception smelled perfectly nice I can't help but say "I love the smell" every time we'd go out/back. The room size was just okay. But I love the fact that the bathroom was spacious and super clean. The view was amazing as well. The staff tried their best to accommodate my request, that is not to give me an orange room :-p I also loved that they ushered us to our room. I think that's so personal and accommodating. Breakfast buffet was superb. Kudos to that staff who went the extra mile to give me an iced choco.

2 comments though. First, i think it's better if the slippers are free. Second, i requested for a make up service just as we were having breakfast but when we came back after more than an hour, it's still the same. Bit it's okay. Probably the turn around time was not enough for housekeeping to notice.

Overall, it was fine. Almost perfect. :-)

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Levinpot
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The entrance and lobby has a great smell and i love it....... it reminds me off relaxing. As for the room. it was spacious enough and the toilet i love it,,,, it feels were king and queen. as for free breakfast in 9 spoons yummy....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed 7 nights at the Bayleaf Intramuros. The hotel is modern and clean with friendly helpful staff. Very good beds. great food and you can order whatever you want for room service. Good woodfired pizzas too. Intramoros itself can be done in a couple of days but the staff at reception can organise a wide range of tours which are good. I did a couple and the tour guides were friendly and trustworthy. Just myself and my girlfriend too so value for money.
I felt safe walking around intramoros day and night. Not many forigners do though so you stand out and get some looks.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roostermandingo
Reviewed 15 August 2014

- Clean room & toilet
- Affordable rate
- About PHP180 to hard rock cafe makati (depends on the traffic)
- ATM located next to the hotel
- Near to MacDonald
- Decent breakfast
- Elevator with room access card
- Warm, friendly and lovey staffs.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rohaizad F
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My basic room was very simple and modern with a comfy bed and a nice view. The bathroom was very spacious and the toiletries were great.

The 360 view you can get on the rooftop restaurant is mind-blowing and the food is delicious and reasonably priced. The included breakfast was top-notch.

The staff was very friendly and made sure I had everything needed at my disposition.

The location is perfect to get in/out of Intramuros easily.

I can't wait to go back and try the gold course around the wall !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank FPP_MTL
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 14 August 2014

-Were here at Manila is just for the Historical famous tourist spot called intramuros, And Bayleaf is the nearest hotel so were decided to spent one night in. Our Vacation is more enjoyable, we didnt expect that the food in raffaele is really great specially the woodfire pizza, the good service is there and very accomodating attendant like darsy, you feel his enthusiasm in his work so i ask his name. thank you for making us more happy and Satisfied :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple