“nice place for night life lovers” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of JMM Apartment Suites

JMM Apartment Suites
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
JMM Apartment Suites
Ranked #40 of 79 Speciality Lodging in Manila
Stratford-Upon-Avon
“nice place for night life lovers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

I booked a total of 5 nights devided into to stays. The first part was quite good so I decided to book the second part of my stay.
I tried to book directly with the Filipina wife Jamila who gave me a higher rate than booking.com.When I came to check in, the Egyptian owner realized he missed out on not paying commission and gave me a better rate to encourage me to book directly next time.
The great shock came when I tried to go out of my room and found it jammed.I tried to call reception but no one picked up.I had to ring ground floor reception to get someone to open the door.I was moved to another room which wasn't checked out.
Upon my return at 3pm, they assured me the room has already been serviced. To my dismay, I found the linen unchanged with a strand of black hair on the bed and the toilets had the used towels still lying on the shower floor.The housekeeping was sloppy and the attempt to hide the fact that the room wasn't serviced failed.
I also didn't get a good sleep on my last night, as the band next door played loudly until the early hours of the morning.The whole area around it is full of bars and restaurant s which are noisy in the evening and more so on weekends.

Room Tip: Probably rooms facing the back will be less noisy. Don't book here if you're afraid of heigh...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Marichu M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Arabic first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

From the time we checked in , jmm made us realized that it was a mistake to choose their company. We were fully paid in Advance 5days before dec. 31 for a 2-bedroom unit and we were assured to check in early before 12nn,and a receipt without TIN was given to us. But when we arrived at 11:30am, the unit was given to another party who just reserved the night before. We were asked to wait, and they finally settled us at 2:30pm. And at 5pm we were being asked by the owner of the unit to pay. We told the owner that it was jmm who gave us the unit and it is their responsibility for we already paid them. Then at 6pm, we were threatened by the owner of the unit that we will be forced to leave her unit bec. Jmm is not coordinating with her, thus fed up with all of these- my husband went to their office together with the owner`s messenger. My husband was asked to pay additional payment which was not the agreement. But for the harassment of the owner to stop and just to let this stresses leave us before the new year begins and for my family to finally enjoy the day- he paid, after all it's just money. But I hope JMM will learn a lesson that money is not everything- your service is very poor and stressful. What matters most is the service which will bring the money in for the business.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank graceb04

Travellers are raving about these Manila hotels

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

The location of the hotel is very good, if you like staying in Malate, which is the liveliest part of Manila, two steps from the Bay, with plenty of shops, restaurants, bars, and located right on top of the Robisons mall, the largest in Malate.

It is kind of a serviced apartment, not a hotel. The way it works is that a group of Egyptians own or rent a number of apartments in the tower, hire some cleaners and an office lady and then rent the rooms on a daily basis. The elevators are slow and there is a lot of traffic. The rooms are nicely renovated and very spacious, but service is not too good. The first day no one came no clean the room nor even change the towels.

There is a swimming pool in the 6th floor, but it only has 3 lounge chairs, so there is pretty much no place to lay down.

Apart from that, the price is not too expensive and the value for money is adequate.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank JohnFoster68
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

OCTOBER 2012
DON'T STAY. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!
JMM Apartments Didn't honour our booking - gave room away.
After arriving from a flight from Melbourne to Manila the JMM apartments driver didn't arrive and upon arrival to the apartments and awaitinga further 1/2 hour we are advised that they have given our room away. The room was booked on booking.com. Our arrival was also confirmed via email the day before with the manager.
Incompetent security and staff attempted to shift us across the road to a 3 star sister hotel. We rejected the offer (it's now 1:00am) and stayed at the MIDAS which was wonderful. Nice room, pleasant staff.
Booking.com followed up our complaint and JMM manager provided incorrect / misleading info saying that we arrived with 9 guests and they couldn' accommodate - FACT= there was 2 of us!
Enough said - TERRIBLE, DON'T STAY!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at JMM apartments. - Alternatively stay at the MIDAS hotel was wonderful!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Courtney S
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 4,088 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I had to wait to check in as the 36 apartments (which are on the 28th to 30th floors of this well located Tower 1 Robinsons complex next to Robinsons Place Mall in Ermita) were full. Apparently the Saudi Arabian owner has nine cleaning staff but it is insufficient, although some guests stay for a few nights.

To get up into the apartment area, one has to wait until a staff member comes down: this took 10 minutes. There is a room on the 28th floor that is used for checkin.

There is an inadequate four lifts: at times I was waiting three or four minutes.

The apartment had a lovely parquetry floor. The kitchen was quite a reasonable size: utensils and some crockery as well as a few items of cooking equipment (which I did not use) were supplied. The range is gas, while there was a good size modern refrigerator.

The kitchen bench (Ceasar stone or similar) was covered with a hard plastic above it (gap of some millimetres). Above it were cupboards: a great way to bump one's head.

The lounge room was small but had a modern plasma TV, along with two transverse extremly cheap pine sofas (more like bench seats) with horrible vinyl. There was a large pillar near the room's entrance which had to be squeezed past: a second hazard.

The bedroom had a comfortable bed and a small table with two chairs. The curtains were cheap.

The bathroom had an adequate shower but no toilet roll holder! Water was little more than tepid.

Upon checkout at 0700 on a Sunday morning, the door to the checkin room was open but noone was to be seen. From the ground floor lobby, security called up with a very grumpy Filipina appearing to give me back my P1000 security deposit: no thanks, no smile.

Overall at P2800 through www.booking.com this was reasonable vaklue but I prefer an hotel room. The JMM individual apartments are each furnished differently. Despite asking, I had a view of Robinsons Place Mall's cooloing toweers not one of Manila Bay.

The owner needs to train his staff to be courteous: one wasn't (the others were pleasant). Signs in Arabic are also offputting to the many Western guests.The noise from an adjacent karaoke bar until perhaps 0100 was also very offputting, 30 floors uop, although this is no fault of JMM.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Victorianlad
Pontevedra, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Positive:
> wooden floor (not shined, though)
> with DVD player
> with coffee table
> big fridge
> nice view ( Manila Bay)
> fast check-in
> helpful guards outside the building
> tight security as there were many guards guarding not only the apartment but the whole tower
> good internet (wifi) connection (internet router inside the room - room 21-K)
> with electric fan (for those who don't like the aircon)
> with a safety deposit box (but very small, the smallest I've seen)
> good service
> very good location. The mall is just in the same building! And the supermarket a stone's throw away.
> close to the airport. I only paid Php135 by taxi (meter) to get there. It took me 22 minutes with the traffic.
> pool was ok

Negative:
- no working table (dining table functioned as a working table during my stay)
- smallest gym I have ever been. For the 3 towers sharing all that, I think that just need to stretchhhh. I couldn't even stretch my hand so confidently as I was afraid to hit someone. There were very few exercise equipment and some of them were out of order. With the so many people exercising, your personal space would surely be taken. Also, the gym smelled so foul-smelling of sweat and perspiration of the people inside which was very disgusting. I always love to go to the gym and that's one reason why I had chosen this apartment but after that experience, I never came back to work out.
- no sofa as advertized in Booking.com. They only have 2 sofa chairs in my room.
- verrry small TV
- no good cable channel selection
- stuck-up sink
- water pressure and heater were very poor
- noisy aircon even when set to "quiet cool'
- the staff addressed me during check-in so casually. But as the days passed by there was a change.
- no telephone. I had to send the staff an sms for my requests to be met/answered. They answer text messages quickly though, most of the time.
- everytime I pay, the staff had to get inside my room to make the receipt which a bit was uncomfortable.
- dusty closet
- amateur housekeeping staff.
- no rice cooker
- old kitchen utensils. knives so dull. stove takes forever to cook the food.
- staff still needs a big room for improvement. They forget things like giving me the internet security key and the room key. Anyhow, they apologized for that and immediately acted upon my request/complaint.
- thin mattress
- SLOWEST check out. I had to wait for 20 minutes for the staff to go gown even after advising her through sms ahead of time. As a consequence, I almost missed my flight! Such a very stressful morning I can remember. Everything was ready except that I had to wait for the staff to refund me my deposit and do the check out stuff. The good service they did was all spoiled because of that and I think that's something for me to consider whether to stay there again or not. I miss so much the very good service of Jupiter Suites!

* If you don't like to be awakened from your sleep in the morning, put a do not disturb sign. The housekeeping staff woke me up at 9:30am and rang the very loud doorbell 3 times.

* Maybe using the gym earlier would spare you from the crowd and the smell. Before students come, hit the gym.

* Just mention to the driver that you are going to Robinson's Place Tower 1 in Malate as that's famous. The taxi driver toured me around. I don't know if it was on purpose or what but with me giving him the apartment name and the address was enough reason for him to do so. And when you're in Tower 1, just ask the front desk for JMM Suites staff.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Xhai Z
Goa, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

These condo suites are fantastic, clean, spacious with loads of amenities. price is around £200 for a week, which is such good value for the quality of the rooms! really nice rooftop pool, the condos all have their own kitchens living room area, huge comfortable beds, nice bathrooms, a safety deposit box.
The staff are all really nice, helpful, it is situated in a perfect spot in Malate, Ermita, the mall is next door, all the descent bars are in walking distance. its Perfect and for the price its even more perfect!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple