“Very Clean, but think a bit overpriced for the area”

Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Most of the taxi drivers can not find it, just tell them that it is close to cowboy grill mabini.

Pro's;

Hotel is clean
Rooms and bathrooms are nice
Staff is very friendly and helpful
Taxi to airport only 500 peso (small car, but enough for 2 people)

Con's
Breakfast is an overrated one; could not find fried eggs/ no bacon/ no omelet, it is as simple as a one star hotel
Did not accept mastercard, only Visa, although we thought we live in 2013?
Price for area is too high (And we have visited Manila numerous times)

Would we come back?

My wife and me are still debating as we have to stay 4 more nights in Manila in Jan-Feb 2014, so we are not sure yet.(maybe we get a discount after the GM reads this)

Irrespective: Have a nice stay in Manila and keep smilng

Room Tip: We stayed in 209 (non-smoking)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TitoRon
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear TitoRon,

We appreciate your observations about the hotel both the pros and cons. Nevertheless, thank you for your kind comments about our Hotel particularly our room and our staff. We hope that you will consider staying with us once again if ever you find yourself in Manila area in the near future. Let me know your period of stay so I can give you a special rate.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I both enjoyed the breakfast buffet we had at Cafe Arquiza very recently...Kim served us well.. I will be taking my entire working team by end of the week for an early mtg and also for them to experience the premium food and service at a reasonable price...

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Maricar C
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Maricar C,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We valued the opportunity to serve you and are appreciative of your remarks especially your comments about our staff Kim and our breakfast buffet. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or thru my mobile number (632) 917507 8141.

Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Since year 2000, I have stayed in Best Western Hotel La Corona in Manila.
All staff are kind and smart to entertain guests, and after renovation, it is more useful to get on the elevator, while I liked the old antique one.
The location is best for us to enjoy the time in Manila.
I would like to express special thanks to Aiyen, Ian, Jazz, Jomar, Kim, Reah, Ryan, Richard, Vlad, Victor, Sherlyn, Trix. I love you all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Toru N N

Dear Toru N,

We gratefully appreciate your words. We are honored to be the best Hotel for you and your favorite place to stay in. Thank you once more and see you soon.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or call me (632) 917 507841.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Very friendly staff. Room was clean and efficient. Location is not the greatest. At night, well worth it to get a taxi ride from the front of the hotel rather than walk alone on the street. Breakfast buffet could have varied its choices from day to day a bit more. Eating almost the exact same thing for 4 days in a row can get a bit old, but the food selections were at least decent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve_in_PokNY

Dear Seteve_in_PokNY,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or (632) 917 5078141

Ma. Celeste “Tet” Romualdo

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Thank you for the wonderful service that you have given us. Ive been to a lot of this big hotels in Malate but your hotel is as conducive as home. It Very Neat and Costumer friendly. The Rooms are wide and spacious. The bathroom is equipped with a functional hot and cold shower. The Location and External features may not be stunning but its the room, the lobby and dining are all important to me.

Room Tip: I choose the none smoking and with a window.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank docchamp

Dear docchamp,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We valued the opportunity to serve you and are appreciative of your remarks especially your comments about our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

If in the meantime I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or call me through my mobile number (632) 917 5078141.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This tidy small hotel is perfectly located in Ermita in walking distance of waterfront, Luneta, and especially Robinson’s Place with big shopping mall containing wide range of restaurants and fast foods. We stumbled upon this hotel by chance some years ago and ever since we make it our base during Manila trips. Last September we stayed there three times while transiting between different destinations in Philippines.
The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful with additional value of pretty girls at the receptions desk (Jazz is my favorite). They always take custody of our large luggage free of charge even for several days.
The small hall is stylishly decorated and adjacent dining room displays paintings of local artists offered for sale. During this and previous trips we were accommodated in different categories of rooms. All were tastefully furnished and always perfectly clean and supplied with toiletries and tea and coffee. There are safe deposit boxes in all rooms, room locks are electronic and the main entrance is always manned by several bell boys, so that the guests can feel secure, which is quite important in volatile place like Manila. WIFI connection is complimentary in all rooms and there is cable TV. All rooms have AC
Buffet breakfast is included in a room charge and consists of several kinds of warm dishes and rice aside from usual toasts, cereals, eggs, bacon etc.
The hotel has small business and travel center as well as its own drivers. Jerry proved to be reliable and punctual driver on our trip to Batangas and back five days later.
The only shortcoming of this hotel is a noise from very busy street, so that it is advisable to ask for top floor room or room facing away from HM Del Pilar street.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Salmiya

Dear Salmiya,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that we were able to create a good experience for your and we hope to exceed that when you return. We look forward to welcome your family back on your next visit.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or call me through my mobile number (632) 9175078141 .

Reviewed 24 September 2013

the staff at la corona goes out of its way to be smiley and friendly! a nice greeting upon arrival, and any time you go in or out. the room was very clean, and everything worked perfectly! the buffet breakfast was pretty good, and waiters very quick with your coffee refills! the front desk girls were very helpful, especially rhea, and trixie, i stayed there three nights, and would stay there again..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank giggytoo

Dear Giggytoo,

Thank you so much for your great review and for sharing it in Trip advisor! We always try to make our guests have the best experience during their stay. It is good to hear that our employees provided excellent service. We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or call me through my mobile number (632) 917 5078141.