“Outstanding for the Price”

Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila
Ranked #10 of 111 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed at the Best Western La Corona again in July 2013. One of my favorite hotels. About the only difference now from my earlier review is that the elevator is new and the rooms have been remodeled. Great staff and security. The restaurant is delightful. The restaurant manager is efficient and has an all-seeing eye. His focus is on making your experience the best it can be. I believe that the menu has changed since my earlier review, and I have enjoyed everything. I actually had the pork nilaga two days in a row for lunch. Convenient to the American embassy or Robinson's Mall. I will repeat something from an earlier review: Don't believe the negative reviews on this place. They must be place by selfish, boring, little-minded people. I read somewhere that since all hotel review contain a range of reviews, it is best to toss out the bottom 15% and the top 15%. And then go by what the remaining reviews say. That would mean you have to discount this review. Which is ok if I have guided you past the crap. It is hard to know what to trust in the reviews to be read online. I hope you trust me on this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank FermonJ
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear FermonJ,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad and overwhelmed to hear about your positive comments and we hope to even exceed that when you return. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit. You always have a home in us.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here again because I really wanted a boutique hotel experience. And I was not disappointed. For about $50, I got a really cool, emerald green styled room with fancy lighting and brick wall. Very panache.
Its true that most Taksi's cant find it, and also..my Taksi happened to come back because his P20 note was SLIGHTLY ripped, and wouldn't accept it, but the place inst really close to any of the action you might want to near if you are in it for business, but if its governmental, then you aren't too far from US embassy, or the Marina. I wouldnt stay here if you needed to be close to Ortigas, Pasig,Makati, Roxas, Paranaque or Taguig. But if you need to be near Intramurous, this is your best bet . Nice old Fashioned elevator too!

NOTE: , All three BW in Manila FAR exceed expectations. I truly value them.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SonicSpringBok

Dear SonicSpringbok,

Many thanks for your post. We are glad that you liked your stay overall. Our Hotel is really the ideal place for leisure because our location is literally at the center of the Tourist District. We look forward to your return in Manila.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Enjoyed my short stay here,nice bistro style hotel and nice surroundings inside a good fast lift to floors..I stayed on the top floor room 603 being a smoker very nice room and bathroom but the wifi is not stable in this room it comes and goes..overall the staff very friendly especially steve and ryan the breakfast had a lot to offer and good quality and would stay here again..keep the standard up..P.S get some real mayonnaise the stuff that was served to me i think it was ladys choice is disgustingly sweet and nasty

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jolibee123

Dear Jolibee123,

Thank you so much for your great review and for sharing it in Trip advisor! We always try to make our guests have the best experience during their stay. It is good to hear that the employees provided excellent service. We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us. We will look into your comments regarding our wifi and mayonnaise.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Most of the taxi drivers can not find it, just tell them that it is close to cowboy grill mabini.

Pro's;

Hotel is clean
Rooms and bathrooms are nice
Staff is very friendly and helpful
Taxi to airport only 500 peso (small car, but enough for 2 people)

Con's
Breakfast is an overrated one; could not find fried eggs/ no bacon/ no omelet, it is as simple as a one star hotel
Did not accept mastercard, only Visa, although we thought we live in 2013?
Price for area is too high (And we have visited Manila numerous times)

Would we come back?

My wife and me are still debating as we have to stay 4 more nights in Manila in Jan-Feb 2014, so we are not sure yet.(maybe we get a discount after the GM reads this)

Irrespective: Have a nice stay in Manila and keep smilng

Room Tip: We stayed in 209 (non-smoking)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TitoRon

Dear TitoRon,

We appreciate your observations about the hotel both the pros and cons. Nevertheless, thank you for your kind comments about our Hotel particularly our room and our staff. We hope that you will consider staying with us once again if ever you find yourself in Manila area in the near future. Let me know your period of stay so I can give you a special rate.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I both enjoyed the breakfast buffet we had at Cafe Arquiza very recently...Kim served us well.. I will be taking my entire working team by end of the week for an early mtg and also for them to experience the premium food and service at a reasonable price...

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Maricar C
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Maricar C,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We valued the opportunity to serve you and are appreciative of your remarks especially your comments about our staff Kim and our breakfast buffet. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or thru my mobile number (632) 917507 8141.

Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Since year 2000, I have stayed in Best Western Hotel La Corona in Manila.
All staff are kind and smart to entertain guests, and after renovation, it is more useful to get on the elevator, while I liked the old antique one.
The location is best for us to enjoy the time in Manila.
I would like to express special thanks to Aiyen, Ian, Jazz, Jomar, Kim, Reah, Ryan, Richard, Vlad, Victor, Sherlyn, Trix. I love you all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Toru N N

Dear Toru N,

We gratefully appreciate your words. We are honored to be the best Hotel for you and your favorite place to stay in. Thank you once more and see you soon.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or call me (632) 917 507841.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Very friendly staff. Room was clean and efficient. Location is not the greatest. At night, well worth it to get a taxi ride from the front of the hotel rather than walk alone on the street. Breakfast buffet could have varied its choices from day to day a bit more. Eating almost the exact same thing for 4 days in a row can get a bit old, but the food selections were at least decent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve_in_PokNY

Dear Seteve_in_PokNY,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or (632) 917 5078141

Ma. Celeste “Tet” Romualdo