“Quick stay between flights.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona

BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Houston, Texas
“Quick stay between flights.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Needed a quick sleepover between my flight to palawan so I booked at La Corona. Price was great for just basic room and ended up being very quiet and clean. The outside is very loud with lots of bars and clubs around it but really couldnt hear it from my room unless you tried. I was so sleepy i didnt really notice anyway. Clean shower, free bottled water, and bed was soft and fresh. Wifi worked well
The location was a bit hard to find and a little longer from airport than i thought. If you aren't paying attention you will miss it driving by. Just pay attention when you get to the corner of the two streets and drive slowly.
I really just used this for a 6 hour sleep and not a base for touring and it worked out perfect for that. Yellow cab was cheap from airport around 3 bucks and white was a bit more to terminal 4 but nothing outrageous. Didn't really mind, got to airport fast and safe. Booked on hotels.com and paid around 50 or so. Good deal! Will stay again if am in the area but will most likely get something closer next time and pay a bit more.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank iGOandGOandGO
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear iGoandGoandGO,

Many thanks for your post. We are glad that you liked your stay overall. . We look forward to your return in Manila.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.’

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kingaroy, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed at La Corona for a week and enjoyed our stay. It is a clean, comfortable, well run Hotel with attractive decor and is very good value for the money. The staff are all very helpful, friendly and considerate which made us feel very welcome. The Hotel is not in the most salubrious part of town but the door men,who were on constant duty, called taxis for us and helped us with directions and information which made us feel very safe.Our room was on the second floor and very well appointed. The only problem being an air conditioning unit outside our window which must have a loose drive belt and started up at around 4 am every morning sounding like a Corvette doing a 100 metre "wheelie" ! The restaurant has a varied menu which caters to all tastes and the food is well cooked and presented. Room service is offered and served promptly.Special thanks go to our friendly waiter Richard who anticipated our needs without being obtrusive and was always smiling. We are sure that this young man will go far in the hospitality trade as he goes the extra mile to ensure that guests are looked after and have all that they require. We have to visit Manila again next year and will be happy to return to La Corona .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Cherry C
Dear Cherry C,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We valued the opportunity to serve you and are appreciative of your remarks especially your positive comments about our staff Richard. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

If in the meantime I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Derry City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights before travelling home to Ireland.

The Hotel looks small from the outside, but inside everything is more than ample for my needs.
The door men were very helpful and courteous when I arrived.
The check-in staff were extremely courteous and obviously happy at their work.

My room was on the first floor to the back of the building. During the day there was on going work outside my room window, but this was not a problem as I was in Manila for vacation and I was only in the room at night. Room size was smaller than what I usually reserve, my choice nothing to do with the Hotel , next time I will get one of their bigger rooms.

The inclusive Breakfast was more than ample for my needs, some I did not like, but that was because of my personnel tastes and was nothing to do with the quality of the food.

The restaurant area also served as the bar, it was the perfect place to relax in after a long hot day exploring Manila, Bar Staff were brilliant and attentive without being intrusive to my needs.

I needed a little assistance with something I had bought to take back home, it was slightly too big for my case, a call to reception and assistance quickly arrived, they very quickly arranged to have my item cut to suit my needs.

I have stayed in many Hotels throughout the World and in many different standards of hotels. To sum up, my stay here was without doubt positive and really good value.

I plan to visit Phils in 2014 and I will stay here again without hesitation.

Well done to everyone ..... your effort's are really appreciated ....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maac
Dear Maac,

Thank you so much for your great review and for sharing it in Trip advisor! We always try to make our guests have the best experience during their stay. It is good to hear that the employees provided excellent service. We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had read the other reviews, most good, some okay, one terrible, and took a chance on La Corona on my business stay in Manila. I opted for the deluxe room, which was about $80 USD a night, and it was worth it.

After reading the other reviews I noted that "Tet " the GM answered most of the reviews about his property. I contacted him directly with my expectations and needs. He promptly returned my emails and arranged a car to pick me up at the airport (800 php). The hotel driver was right there upon my arrival and drove me directly to the hotel.

The hotel location is not the best, it is not in a resort area. Very close yo the American embassy. I never felt unsafe but it is not a place you can just go and take a stroll.

The only things I did not like about the hotel was the mattress, which was like a thick foam pad and not very comfortable. I am used to American mattress/box spring combos, so there you go. Also, we were in the front of the hotel, and the traffic noise was pretty constant. Lots oh honking horns,

The hotel location is ideal for the city tourist to get to various sites! We were close by cab to Chinatown, 5 min cab ride to the Robinson mall. About 15 minutes to the airport , however Manila traffic in notorious for traffic jams,do plan accordingly. Also near the zoo and the water park.

The staff at La Corona makes up for the hotel lack luster. Our driver joe, was awesome, front door staff Greta, friendly , restaurant staff gave the best service I had in a long time. The front desk staff ( Jazz, alexia ) just the bests and professional employees !

My rate came with the breakfast buffet ,which was clean,good and satisfying. One thing to note, there are not any places to get a breakfast in town that I found, other than hotel buffets.. The buffet here is good. They mix it up with Filipino, Asian, and Western style fare. Fresh fruits and breads and juices. The service was good all the way.

They have a hotel car that will meet you at the airport, or take you wherever you want to go, but it is quite a bit more than the metered cabs, which are constantly going by the hotel, so we only used it once. The doorman and front desk and all the staff are friendly, they did everything they could to make our stay comfortable.

Ok the nit so good. Room AC was working and kept me cool. It was a wall unit and it was noisy. The room only had a shower,drain was clogged so the entire bathroom would semi flood. The hallways are a little dark, maybe dingy! Elevator is slow send small .no view what's so ever. But honestly for the price I thought it wasn't that bad.

Bottom line is this, if you are used to the Hyatt, or Sheraton , this hotel will disappoint you. But if you want first class service for a cheap rate this hotel will suit you. , your room will be clean, you will feel safe, lots of English tv programs , wi fi free here., Not the best but it worked and I was able to get my work done. Have fun!

Room Tip: Email Tet, give him your wants and needs, he will take care if you.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank F5993GMericd
Dear Relax808,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. We will use your comments to implement improvements to deliver even better service for you and other guests in the future.

We hope to be of service to you again soon.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance again, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Tet Romualdo
Laguna Niguel, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

If its night life, good restaurants you ae after, this place is ok. Like I had business with the US Embassy, it is walking distance from La Coruna. It could be really noisy at night. I was given a room on the third floor which was not serviced by the elevator and wifi signal was not available. I was pissed. Staff was very nice and courteous. Food, you can do better at a chinese restaurant a block away. It wsa really really good and less expensive. Breakfast was complimentary and ok. Availability of taxis was abig plus.

Room Tip: Never on the third floor
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank rodildequiroz
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Sgtpepper112,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste “Tet” Romualdo
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Small hotel with decent size clean rooms. All the staff were excellent. Nothing was to much. You can walk to M.O.A., enjoy the local neighborhood, close to the airport.....luckily breakfast was free because I wasn't to impressed with the eggs.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy C
Dear Sandy C,

Greetings from BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona Manila. Thank you very much for you positive review about our property. Rest assured that we will continue to strive to give our guests the best memorable stay. We will work on improving our breakfast line up particularly our eggs.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com. We look forward to your next visit.

Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My family went to Phillipines for vacation and stayed at Best Western Hotel for one night. My impression is that the rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and the service is very good. My family loved the breakfast buffet. However, there are two problems I'd like to point out. Firstly, the hotel is on a busy street and next to a bar so it's really noisy in the evening. Secondly, some hotel rooms are under remodelling when we went. They should not have let guests stay in the area where the remodelling is undergoing. My brother's room was in that area and his room was full of the smell of paint. I wanted to ask for a different room for him but he was too tired to move around so just made do for the night. Poor boy! :(

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. It's probably less noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Doris M
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Doris M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience experienced by your brother. We will ensure to improve on the comments you've raised.