“Value for money in the capital”

Best Western Hotel La Corona
Ranked #9 of 108 Hotels in Manila
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Value for money in the capital”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

You can't really fault this big chain professionally run hotel for the price - a view shared by the various members of our party from different parts of the globe.

Make sure not to be last down for breakfast - the buffet runs short and ask for no smoking room if that's what you want.

Room Tip: Get taxis yourself from the street outside.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank equatormate
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear equator mate,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Tet B. Romualdo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 March 2014

at first we hesitated to book at this hotel, but since it's the nearest (and cheap) to our destination that evening i said i guess we're left with no other option. the hotel was located in the heart of manila. if your driving, you need a keen eye to hit the correct corner in order to find it in one go. the reception was cozy, welcome drinks were served as soon as we sat by the couch. reasonable waiting time for check-in. friendly front desk staff. the room was very nice. large bed and space to walk around. clean toilet.

now let's put the icing...breakfast was superb, better than some 5-star hotel i've been to. banquet staff were very friendly and accommodating, the additional fee for an extra guest is very reasonable too.

as the title says...better than expected...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Apol Q,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me anytime.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I would really highly recommend the Best Western La Coron. We travelled to Manila on a backpacker's budget, but decided to spend a bit more than usual for a nice hotel for three nights. We did not expect the beautiful room and fantastic customer service for the price we paid. The bed in our standard double room was huge, immaculately white and so comfortable. The polished wood floorboards and overall décor of the room was, in my opinion, stunning. The towels were white and fluffy, and the rain shower was fantastic! The wifi was fast and reliable. The staff on reception were so friendly and helpful, in fact all of the staff were. Breakfast was included in the room price and it was really good. Location is also fantastic, in the heart of Ermita, walking distance to Rizal Park and Intramuros. Robinson's Mall is also just a short walk away and you will find atms, shops and lots of eating options there. We also ate in the restaurant one night, it was not outstanding, but the food was reasonable and nice. The vegetable side dishes were fantastic though, as was the customer service. We liked it so much we decided to spend another night there before flying out of Manila, and the staff agreed to mind our luggage while we travelled around the country. I would just have two pieces of advice, go out onto the street and flag a metred taxi, or take a jeepnay, as they are a fraction of the cost of the hotel car the staff will offer you. Also bear in mind that they charge for a city map, so maybe best to pick up a free one at the airport or tourist information.

1 Thank Lonan P
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Lonan P,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that we were able to create a good experience for your and we hope to exceed that when you return. We look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste Romualdo
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. Drio the reservations manager was exceptionally accommodating. Great recommendations from staff. The room was modern and well appointed. Very close to Manila bay and Rizal Park.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear amcoc,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We valued the opportunity to serve you and are appreciative of your remarks especially our staff, Drio. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

If in the meantime I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste Romualdo
Upland, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I two weeks ago, 14 thru 26 February, 2014, I visited my fiancee' in Manila. Last August we stayed in the Best Western and found it to be a wonderful experience. If you arrive at the airport in Manila, do not call the hotel to send their car. It will cost you about four times the cost of merely taking an airport taxi.
The staff is wonderful, friendly, vivacious, and helpful. They do have a couple of "smoking rooms."
Ruby and I love the free USA style breakfast. We ate a couple of dinner meals that were reasonably priced and were really quite tasty.
I do not like Filipino food. Thank goodness there is an American style pizzeria one block away. It was either a Domino's or Pizza Hut. Great food, low cost.
The neighborhood is not one in which we walked around in after dark. There are hookers, hucksters, and many fellows selling counterfeit silver dollars.
Ruby and I love the Best Western in Manila. The best feature of the hotel is Trixie, the lady who seems to know everything and can solve any problems one might have.
If you like photographing buildings from the 1500's, ask directions to Intramuros. It is within walking distance of the hotel and features early Spanish buildings to include Fort Santiago.
I hope this missive helps you.
We will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: You might ask for a room that overlooks the streets, not one where you look out the window at a wall...
2 Thank Watson H
Dear Watson H,

Thank you so much for your great review and for sharing it in Trip advisor! We always try to make our guests have the best experience during their stay. It is good to hear that the employees provided excellent service particularly our staff - Trixie. We really appreciate your feedback because it helps us understand what we are doing right and what to continue doing for future guests. We really look forward to your future stays with us.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or call me through my mobile number (632) 917 5078141.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I and my husband stayed here on Feb 16-19. I arrived there at 10.00 and they let me in at 11.00. We booked the room on booking.com, I showed print of the booking to the front desk and she said that I had to pay for the room. I showed her email from the manager that confirm that the room has been paid with VAT and service charge. Everything is good, we got room 410 which is not noisy. The breakfast is fine, the room is clean and nice.

Room Tip: 1. Confirm your booking before you arrive 2. Prepare money for deposit (1500P)
1 Thank Julia R
Dear Julia R,

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We were looking for a hotel close to the American Embassy in Manila. Checking the reviews on Trip Advisor, we chose the Best Western Hotel La Corona, and we were not disappointed.

Check in was very easy and the staff at the front desk was very helpful. They provide limited free parking on their property and we were lucky to have a spot available for our car. As everything we needed was convenient, we were able to leave our car parked their during our four night stay.

Our Deluxe room was a perfect size for the two of us. We had a flat screen TV as well as very strong Wi-fi which was very much appreciated. The bed was very comfortable, and they made up our room with fresh linens each day with out asking. As I love hot coffee, they provided free coffee in our room with kettle so we can make as we wish. Two free bottles of water are provided in our room. The rooms and hotel were very clean which is very important to us. We had room service, which took about 45 minutes to arrive in our room one night. We had ordered a clubhouse sandwich and bowl of soup. Unfortunately the slice of cheese in the sandwich, they had failed to remove the plastic wrapper which covered the individual cheese slice. Other than that, we enjoyed our dinner.

We enjoyed the nice shower with hot and cold water which seemed like a rain shower which was very refreshing. They provided soap and nice fresh towels. The bathroom was of adequate size.

Each morning we had a free breakfast with garlic rice which my daughter loved, and I especially liked the hot pandesal along with butter and coffee There were many other things to choose such as ham, cereal, fruits. etc. The waiters Richard, Ryan and waiter trainee named Arnel were very attentive and nice and each morning they spoke to us.

Checking out was very easy too and I recommended this hotel very highly. As a matter of fact, I made a reservation for next week and plan to make this my hotel of choice in Manila. I requested that they reserve a parking place for me for my visit this next week and will report back to Trip Advisor if they honor my request.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TheChief_Theboss
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear The Chief_the boss,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property and your wonderful feedback.

We look forward to your next visit this coming week and hopefully I can meet you in person. If you have additional requirements for your stay, please email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or call me thru my mobile number 0917-5078141.

Tet