“Going back to the better Hotels”

Best Western Hotel La Corona
Ranked #10 of 108 Hotels in Manila
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Going back to the better Hotels”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Because we had an appointment at the US Embassy my wife and I felt that staying close would make things easier. First on the outside its more ordinary than original. The lobby is small and had to wait 45 minutes for the room even though it was 2 hours past check-in time and they wanted to look over the room? When we were finally allowed to go into the room-we took the elevator to the 5th floor and then had to climb another flight of stairs to our suite. We had stayed at a couple of other hotels where the standard rooms were bigger than this room and also the suites had good amenities. The only positive thing was the Jacuzzi bathtub and comfort room. The TV was small and across the room making it harder to see what was on. A limited (over the other hotels) of cable variety was offered. There was a DVD player which was interesting considering there were no DVD rentals on the property? The breakfast buffett had 5 offerings and not stocked well.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott, Manila Hotel or the Heritage Hotel. Depending on when you book the rates are v...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank John M
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Mr. John M,

Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

If in the meantime I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or 0917- 5078141. Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service.

Tet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were told by a colleague in Manila that staying at this hotel would be a good budget option because our client was doing business in the somewhat shady neighbourhood of Ermita.

This hotel was not up to Best Western's standard. The room was not clean and the AC smelled liked cigarettes as soon as it turned on. The shower ran out of hot water in about two minutes.

The upside is that the staff was friendly enough to cancel our second night so that we could find a suitable hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank FPP_MTL
Dear FPP_MTL,

I was most concerned to hear of the incident that you have mentioned. Please accept my sincere apologies for the short comings you have experienced.

I will personally look into this together with our Executive Housekeeper and we would like to assure you that necessary actions will be taken to ensure that there will be no more recurrence of this incident and to continue to extend the quality service that you truly deserve.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we believe that it is through guest feedback that we can improve.

If in the meantime I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The La Corona was the first hotel I stayed in on my first trip to the Philippines. All I can say is thank you for making my first few nights in Manila so pleasant and enjoyable. After being referred to this hotel by AAA, I read a few reviews, and thank goodness I didn't change my decision based on those reviews. The hotel was great! The room and bathroom were clean and the wi-fi was fast and consistent. The breakfast buffet was phenomenal, and the staff was couirteous and pleasant - well, with the exception of the hostess, who seemed a bit distant and stiff. But I digress. The staff as a whole was terrific and very friendly. It is a conveniently located hotel, mere blocks from the US Embassy, and from the Robinson Place Mall. And, to my surprise, I found a lovely little bookstore right down the street from the hotel. All I can say is that I would not hesitate to stay there again...and again,and again, and, well, you get the picture. You can have all those swanky, glitzy and lavish 5 star hotels. For my money, put me up in a place like the La Corona, and I'm a happy camper.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank grusan0
Dear grusan0,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. It was truly an honor to be your preferred Hotel in the area. We are extremely glad to hear that we were able to create a good experience for your and we hope to exceed that when you return. We look forward to welcome your family back on your next visit.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or (632) 917 5078141.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I haven't stayed at any other hotel in manila so not sure what the average is but from a japanese person used to neatness this hotel was a little bit below average. The pictures look nice but don't be fooled. Reality is probably 30-40% shabbier. But we had a great deal and we were only staying one night so nothing to complain about. The rooms are very spacious, free wi-fi, and came with breakfast. Close to a big shopping mall (Robinson), the US embassy and manila bay it is a very convenient location. Our room was located on the 3rd floor and you could hear the busy streets bustling below with the constant honks but we were so tired it didn't bother us. Shower: Hot water ran out in 10 minutes and it was very weak water pressuer shower to begin with. Staff are friendly and helpful. Weekday heavy traffic jam and it took us an hour and 300 pesos on a white cab to arrive. Departing on a weekend when there is less traffic, it was 30 minutes and 200 pesos on a white cab.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ManamiY
Dear manumiY

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I booked a one night stay for my uncle and cousin to this location. The hotel is close to the American Embassy however they also offer a shuttle for 200 pesos my uncle and cousin took the shuttle because of the bad weather during their stay in Manila which is very convenient but the Embassy can be walkable from the hotel. Also, I wanted to pay not just for the room but also for any other incidentals and Vanie was kind and patient enough to ensure that everything was taking care of for my family since I called quiet a few times. My cousin and uncle was able to check in early for extra pay. The room was comfortable and clean and because of great effort from the staff my family will definitely come back here again. See you guys in a few months. Thanks again Vanie (sorry I forgot to ask for your last name) but you're great!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Lieddy19
Dear Lieddy19,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We valued the opportunity to serve you and are appreciative of your remarks especially your comments about our front desk associate - Vannie. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

If in the meantime I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed at the hotel at least 20 times plus in past 2 years. This is my first review on the hotel and I want to say to everyone - This is how you get a 5 star service in a 3 star hotel!

The staff are just simply one of the best i have come across in Manila. Super friendly and Super helpful. They are role models for the Best Western Chain.

The hotel is small, but rooms are nice and luxury with an added bonus of being super clean! Also perfect location and easy access to US Embassy, Local malls, Local Churches etc..

Room Tip: Back rooms at the hotel are quieter Suite Room 206 has a nice in room jacuzzi
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank giztateuk
Dear giztateuk,

Thank you for your wonderful and sincere comments about your recent stays with us. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to compliment our team, I have passed on your comments to all our associates and we thank you for your great description about our service.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Hotel. If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Valenzuela, Philippines
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our one week stay was made comfortable by the hotel's location which was right in the heart of the city. It is very near the church where you can start your day right...also near convenience stores and food joints, more so, a few brisk walks away the mall. Their rooms are just right...clean and cozy. The staff are friendly, courteous and accomodating. Their Cafe at the Lobby serves right if you entertain guests during your stay...food served is generally good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Babeemc_516
Dear babeemc_516,

Many thanks for your post. We are glad that you liked your stay overall. Our Hotel is really the ideal place for leisure because our location is literally at the center of the Tourist District. We look forward to your return in Manila.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.