“Not bad at all”

Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila
Ranked #9 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed 4 September 2014

This hotel was recommended on this site and elsewhere as cheap and good and it certainly was both. Don't expect large fancy room but comfortable and clean with friendly helpful staff and good location. Breakfast ok too. We paid $65 so it was very good value and would stay there again. It's handy to Intramuros, the art gallery and museum (walk up Mabini St to get to them all - about 20 mins) and also on Mabini street go to Peter Lee chinese restaurant for excellent cheap food not far from hotel. Very hard to get quality in Manila and for the price I think this hotel is about as good as you get. Malate and Ermita have great character and no real hassles from beggars etc despite scare talk from some tourists. If you want to go to Manila and don't want shopping malls this is the place so recommended for all the right reasons.

Room Tip: The higher rooms are better for quietness and outlook
1  Thank RolandWorldTravels
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Dear RolandWorldTravels,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste Romualdo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for one night on the 12th of August, I found the Staff very Obliging and Helpful .I also found the Buffet Breakfast very good for the Price we had to Pay for Hotel.
I would certainly stay there again and would Certainly recommend It to my Friends.

Room Tip: Cannot do that ,we all have Different Tastes .
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank kenoCoffsHarbour

Dear kenoCoffsHarbour,

Thank you for your wonderful and sincere comments about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to compliment our team, I have passed on your comments to all our associates and we thank you for your warm endorsement of us to other travellers.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Hotel.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Reviewed 31 August 2014

No complaints about my stay. Rooms are comfortable. Eateries within walking distance. Walking distance to Ocean World Manila. 30 mins by cab to Mall Off Asia, Rizal Park. A Catholic church 3 doors away.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Kesavarman P,

Greetings from BEST WESTERN Hotel La Corona Manila. Thank you very much for you positive review about our property. Rest assured that we will continue to strive to give our guests the best memorable stay.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste "Tet" Romualdo

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I have stayed at the La Corona around a dozen times over the years, but this visit was a dealbreaker..... my room was substantially-sized and well appointed, but that's about it.

Frankly, the front of house staff continue to disappoint, so I will no longer bother to persevere. Whilst check-in was laboriously slow, check-out was truly torturous.........it took the better part of 15-20 minutes to finalise the arduous process of calling-up housekeeping and investigating, reporting-on and accounting-for what I had consumed from the minibar - a 70 peso bag of chips, from memory.

The piece-de-resistance was the fact that I sat in that tiny foyer (after the checkout brouhaha was complete) for over an hour wondering why my transport was so late. I finally called the transport provider only to be told that my driver had been sitting in the foyer for +2 hours waiting for me........the lady at reception had told him that she would advise me of his arrival, but it seems that she "forgot" to do this. My ire at this oversight would have been substantially defused if I (and the driver) had received an apology, but regrettably that didn't happen.

Room Tip: Some rooms are incredibly noisy, especially those on lower levels
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank brisbanepete001
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Brisbanepete001,

Thank you for taking time out to inform us of your unpleasant experience during your recent visit in the Hotel. Your comments are very essential to our hotel for it is through customer feedback that we continue to improve.Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this incident might have caused you.

Rest assured that appropriate action plan would be taken in order to prevent such incident from happening again. Kindly check my private message. We will certainly do our best to recover your trust in our services again and allow us to give you the quality of service you truly deserve.

If in the meantime we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know through my email at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Tet

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Rooms were clean quiet and updated. Best wifi signal we've had so far in the Philippines. Good options at breakfast. We used hotel transportation to and from airport which was great. Walking distance to Rizal park and intramuros.

My only complaint was that we were booked there for two nights, when we arrived late the first night we were told there was a problem with the electricity in our room and we had to move to another hotel down the street for the first night and then check out and check back in to this one for our second night. Definitely an inconvience that we were not compensated for as we had paid ahead of time. Other than that, good choice for Manila.

1  Thank mbflips

Dear mbflips,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Tet B. Romualdo

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Because we had an appointment at the US Embassy my wife and I felt that staying close would make things easier. First on the outside its more ordinary than original. The lobby is small and had to wait 45 minutes for the room even though it was 2 hours past check-in time and they wanted to look over the room? When we were finally allowed to go into the room-we took the elevator to the 5th floor and then had to climb another flight of stairs to our suite. We had stayed at a couple of other hotels where the standard rooms were bigger than this room and also the suites had good amenities. The only positive thing was the Jacuzzi bathtub and comfort room. The TV was small and across the room making it harder to see what was on. A limited (over the other hotels) of cable variety was offered. There was a DVD player which was interesting considering there were no DVD rentals on the property? The breakfast buffett had 5 offerings and not stocked well.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott, Manila Hotel or the Heritage Hotel. Depending on when you book the rates are v...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank John M
bwhotelacoronamanila, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Mr. John M,

Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

If in the meantime I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com or 0917- 5078141. Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service.

Tet

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were told by a colleague in Manila that staying at this hotel would be a good budget option because our client was doing business in the somewhat shady neighbourhood of Ermita.

This hotel was not up to Best Western's standard. The room was not clean and the AC smelled liked cigarettes as soon as it turned on. The shower ran out of hot water in about two minutes.

The upside is that the staff was friendly enough to cancel our second night so that we could find a suitable hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank FPP_MTL

Dear FPP_MTL,

I was most concerned to hear of the incident that you have mentioned. Please accept my sincere apologies for the short comings you have experienced.

I will personally look into this together with our Executive Housekeeper and we would like to assure you that necessary actions will be taken to ensure that there will be no more recurrence of this incident and to continue to extend the quality service that you truly deserve.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we believe that it is through guest feedback that we can improve.

If in the meantime I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me personally at tetromualdo@bestwesternlacoronamanila.com.

Ma. Celeste Romualdo