My husband and I stayed here for four nights over Christmas, and then returned after a few days away visiting other parts of the Philippines. We're so happy we did, as it was the most wonderful experience.
Every single aspect of our stay was fantastic. We stay in a lot of hotels, and have become more than a little bit spoiled. We try not to be too picky and demanding, but we do tend to spot faults easily! But it's hard to fault the Sofitel Philippine Plaza. In fact, we ruminated for a long time to try to think of negative elements of this hotel and came up with the following:
1. It's not very environmentally friendly, like a lot of major hotel chains.
2. It's pricey (not so much the room, but the restaurant / drinks etc.) One warning: do not get the hotel to pick you up from the airport - it's literally five times more expensive that just getting a cab!
3. If you eat there, you risk becoming a glutton and fat due to the exceptional buffet.
That's it! Trust me, if you see my other reviews, I'm not usually this glowing.
The main, No 1, can't-be-underestimated reason for this great review: The staff! Wow, the staff and service here were really exceptional. Unbelievable. A few folks to note: Chester and Dexter at the beach, Charlite, Grace, Glen, all the staff in the spa, all the staff in the restaurant, the reception staff, the concierge, the cleaners we met - without exception, they made us feel like royalty.
Another reason for this great review: The bed was so comfortable. Our best nights of sleep in the Philippines by far. There is a pillow menu, but we didn't need it. It was hard to wake up, it was so cosy! Furthermore the airconditioning in our room allowed us find the perfect temperature quickly and easily - not something you find everywhere.
There were so many little things that added up to make us happy. Silly things like Santa Claus walking round on Christmas day giving us gifts. The cheese room, where I ate 18 different types of cheese including some excellent Filipino ones. The way that when we called about our aircon not working (our fault for not shutting the windows - I felt so stupid!) they sent a lovely chap up to our in literally 2 minutes.
In terms of other aspects: The hotel was clean, beautiful and has great facilities. It's conveniently located for the airport and malls etc. It has a nice pool, a gym with good equipment and views, rooms were very spacious and well laid-out, fresh flowers everywhere.... It's hard to list what we liked about the place because everything was great.
We've stayed in a lot of great hotels and my husband especially usually prefers the little boutique places as he feels you get a more tailored, personal experience, but the staff at the Sofitel mean you get the boutique feel with the amenities of a resort. We both agreed that this is one of the best places we've ever had the good fortune to visit.
Five stars in every respect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila is an iconic 5-star luxury resort nestled in an expansive tropical setting. Renowned for its magnificent contrast of captivating sunsets and the sparkling waters of Manila Bay, the hotel attracts international and local travelers alike with its signature Filipino brand of hospitality and the French joie de vivre reflected in its service rituals; from entertainment, food and wine offerings. Nestled adjacent to the historic Cultural Center of the Philippines, Sofitel Philippine Plaza boasts of a location within the city beat and the refreshing tranquillity of the bay. It stands 15 minutes away from the international and domestic airports and approximately 30 minutes away from Makati City, the central business and commercial district of thriving shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Spiral is the hotel's most interactive restaurant in the Asia Pacific Region, featuring 21 ateliers of the world's best cuisine in one magnificent destination. Other than Spiral, Sofitel Philippine Plaza also has other restaurants and bars including Le Bar, a bistro, patisserie and library in one destination, La Veranda, a Parisian-style bar with an indoor lounge that stretches to an outdoor terrace, Snaps Sports Bar, a sleek and modern bar for sports enthusiasts, and the Sunset Bar, the idyllic blend of a picturesque outdoor dining venue. The first of its kind in Asia, the Vietura Aesthetic Lifestyle features anti-aging, detox and weight management along with a comprehensive services menu of holistic, personalized beauty and wellness programs. It combines non-invasive aesthetic procedures, integrative medicine and lifestyle coaching tailored to fit the individual's needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Philippine Travel
- Sofitel Manila
- Accor Philippine Plaza Manila
- Philippine Plaza
- Hotel Philippine Plaza
- Sofitel Philippines
- Sofitel Philippine Plaza
- Manila Sofitel
- Westin Philippine Plaza